Perpetual Growing

Hi Helpers

:) :) :)

I am needing advice on perpetual growing. My first attempt has been a dismal failure. I decided to perpetulate (I know it’s not a word, but it should be) 5 plants. So fast forward a few weeks I have one veg and four in flower #perpetualfail

So going forward I am thinking less plants; less fuck ups. My little Veginator is Day 24 above ground. To have a 3 plant cycle, Seed, Veg, Flower spin repeat cycle, what’s a good approximate gap between seed planting? One of my friends suggested 45 days. Does that sound right?

All help appreciated.

For me, it comes down to veg time and flowering time.

Will you be vegging all of them the same amount of time?

If I want to veg for 6 weeks, I take that off my flower time and add a week.
So, if it's a lady that requires10 week flower recommendation I would start the next one around 4 weeks into flower.

Hope this helps.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..

If it were me I would start with a short veg, less than a month. Most hybrids take a little over 60 days to mature in flower. 28 day veg, and start one every month. First to mature should be at around 100 days. Start with less, can flower longer and add more after you see how it goes, smaller is easier. There are many ways. :)

I like to clone right before switching to flower, depending the strain. By the time the clones grab, they have another 6-7 weeks veg. Usually, keep them in 2gal until the last 3 weeks of veg and transplant into finals before going to flower
Only problem is the stretch, sometimes have to bend alot of branches to keep them at a reasonable height.
Stinker mentioned shorter veg time and agree with him thats probably the best route to go.
Cheers

Depends on the strain ?

Veg & flowering time may differ drastically :cough:

Personally in the past I've used the same strain & taken clones from lower limbs/branches at the point of flowering or the flip to 12/12.

Takes 2 weeks to a root clones aprox with 6 weeks of veg & 8 weeks of flowering (short flowering time) rinse 'n' repeat.

How ever as I mention above about WHAT STRAIN & this well may clash with growth characteristics AKA total flowering time, height of final growth in flowering etc, etc, etc.

If you wish to grow perpetual with different strains you best be ready to train plants to control growth both in veg & flowering :green_heart:

I am still learning how to perpetulate, but I too find the key in the timing of the veg stage. I have split my veg into two stages, early clones and seedlings, and late veg, and this makes it a whole lot easier to have all the timing sorted out before moving to bloom, which is rigidly set to whatever the plants bloom time happens to be. As long as I can allow the veg rooms to adjust when needed as much as a couple of weeks either way, then I think I can make this perpetulation work well. :rofl: :ganjamon:

For me, it comes down to veg time and flowering time.

Will you be vegging all of them the same amount of time?

If I want to veg for 6 weeks, I take that off my flower time and add a week.
So, if it's a lady that requires10 week flower recommendation I would start the next one around 4 weeks into flower.

Hope this helps.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..
Hi :)

Thanks for your reply.

My goal is 3, omg my math is sooooo fucked.

I do want to veg until I get the non symmetrical branches, and I’m not too worried about a couple of weeks of having both in the flower room as I have two lights in there.

I’m sorry it didn’t really help. My brain can’t seem to work it out. I’m really chasing an approximation of days between. More specifically days between veg plant and planting the next seed, to get the third one growing.

If it were me I would start with a short veg, less than a month. Most hybrids take a little over 60 days to mature in flower. 28 day veg, and start one every month. First to mature should be at around 100 days. Start with less, can flower longer and add more after you see how it goes, smaller is easier. There are many ways. :)
I’m not sure if it’s my light, but 28 days of Veg isn’t long enough for me. My aim is to flip when I see non symmetrical branches.

I just want a 3 plant grow. One seedling, one veg, one flower. I think I could manage that and give each plant the time and room it needs.

I like to clone right before switching to flower, depending the strain. By the time the clones grab, they have another 6-7 weeks veg. Usually, keep them in 2gal until the last 3 weeks of veg and transplant into finals before going to flower
Only problem is the stretch, sometimes have to bend alot of branches to keep them at a reasonable height.
Stinker mentioned shorter veg time and agree with him thats probably the best route to go.
Cheers
Hi there :)

Thanks for your reply.

I’m not cloning atm. After discovering I can buy seeds, I’ve been focussed on seed grows. I am really missing cloning tho.

Omg reasonable height? I’m currently growing a Blue Sunset Sherbet that is basically a stairway to heaven! It’s waaaaaaaay too tall lol.

I thought ideally you should wait till the plant throws non symmetrical branches. That indicates flip maturity.

I’m chasing a sort of number, days I should wait between veg and planting another seed.

Depends on the strain ?

Veg & flowering time may differ drastically :cough:

Thanks for your reply.

It’s not so drastic I can’t accommodate a couple of weeks either side, if you know what I mean. I’m just looking for approximates given my first dismal effort.
Personally in the past I've used the same strain & taken clones from lower limbs/branches at the point of flowering or the flip to 12/12.

Takes 2 weeks to a root clones aprox with 6 weeks of veg & 8 weeks of flowering (short flowering time) rinse 'n' repeat.
I’m wanting more seedling advice. And atm I’m enjoying growing different strains.
How ever as I mention above about WHAT STRAIN & this well may clash with growth characteristics AKA total flowering time, height of final growth in flowering etc, etc, etc.
I understand :)
If you wish to grow perpetual with different strains you best be ready to train plants to control growth both in veg & flowering :green_heart:
I really wish to. Whether I actually can is a wait and see lollllinggg.

I am still learning how to perpetulate, but I too find the key in the timing of the veg stage. I have split my veg into two stages, early clones and seedlings, and late veg, and this makes it a whole lot easier to have all the timing sorted out before moving to bloom, which is rigidly set to whatever the plants bloom time happens to be. As long as I can allow the veg rooms to adjust when needed as much as a couple of weeks either way, then I think I can make this perpetulation work well. :rofl: :ganjamon:
Hey prettyface

Omg sooooooo fucking hard!

I’m not doing clones. I’m just focussed on seeds atm.

I’m finding the area I’m having trouble with is knowing when to plant my next seed.

Give me an approximate day number between veg and next seed, babe. Just to give me a clue. A friend said 45 days, would you agree?

I'm shooting for 30 in the first room, then it moves to the second veg room for 30 more days and I plant more seeds in the first room. Each 30 days I am also moving a set into the bloom room, from veg room 2... and then the plan is to keep this circle going round and round and round...
Then the dogs come in and knock over the seedlings. egads... add another week in there. The trick to this is to stay flexible in veg, for things happen. Run the entire thing at the pace of the bloom room, typically 8 weeks, maybe 9, depending on what you are growing. My goal is to start 6 new plants each month, and also harvest 6 plants each month.

Hey Trala :ciao:
I can't work it out either - are you vegging outside then finishing in the tent? But you wanna veg for X weeks? :hmmmm:
The mathematics is simple with autos - if you want to harvest 3 plants per month, plant 3 seeds per month
Only ever done photo pertual with clones so sorry if that's not much help

I am sure you will figure out the perpetulocity in record time. You've got to keep good records when so many things are moving at once. The app that I showed off in my journal is critical or I would totally screw this up. Now I walk into the grow area and with a glance I have a list of things that need to be done or not, and I know for sure exactly what is happening in each room. Guessing is what gets me in trouble. Without this app, I would be lost.

I am sure you will figure out the perpetulocity in record time. You've got to keep good records when so many things are moving at once. The app that I showed off in my journal is critical or I would totally screw this up. Now I walk into the grow area and with a glance I have a list of things that need to be done or not, and I know for sure exactly what is happening in each room. Guessing is what gets me in trouble. Without this app, I would be lost.
perpetulocity - I'm sure Trala knows what it means, but I don't :hookah:
Good word - 'going on forever'

Thanks for your reply.

I’m not cloning atm. After discovering I can buy seeds, I’ve been focussed on seed grows. I am really missing cloning tho.

Omg reasonable height? I’m currently growing a Blue Sunset Sherbet that is basically a stairway to heaven! It’s waaaaaaaay too tall lol.

I thought ideally you should wait till the plant throws non symmetrical branches. That indicates flip maturity.

I’m chasing a sort of number, days I should wait between veg and planting another seed.
All good my friend! I love seeds too, see all the expressions in phenotypes. Sometimes running the same clones get redundant but its pretty much guarentee with no surprises.

If i were to run seeds only, planting 45/50 days out until next run seems about right.
Cheers my friend

Hey Trala :ciao:
I can't work it out either - are you vegging outside then finishing in the tent? But you wanna veg for X weeks? :hmmmm:
The mathematics is simple with autos - if you want to harvest 3 plants per month, plant 3 seeds per month
Only ever done photo pertual with clones so sorry if that's not much help
Hi Growings :)

I have a veg tent and a flower tent, room actually. I want to veg approx 50 days I think it usually is on average. I’d have to look back.

I don’t want to harvest 3 plants per month lol.

I want a perpetual grow of a total number of three plants.

Seed/Veg/Flower rinse repeat.

No clones, no autos. Just the ones that need 12:12 to flower.

Well I’ve been perpetulating on the whole notion, and I’m thinking every 45-50 days. I only have 3 in total, so I don’t have as many fun things to juggle as you do.

Hopefully round 2 is more successful.

Thanks for your help, girlfriend Xo

All good my friend! I love seeds too, see all the expressions in phenotypes. Sometimes running the same clones get redundant but its pretty much guarentee with no surprises.

If i were to run seeds only, planting 45/50 days out until next run seems about right.
Cheers my friend
Thank you very much.

I’ve locked in every 45 to 50 days for Round 2.

I’ll let you know how I go if you like :)

Genetics can throw a wrench into any schedule you lay out. All it takes is a slight variation in growth rate and a slow plant is blocking a fast plant to cause a traffic jam. When you first start from seed you don't know how fast it will grow in your conditions. After the grow with good records you can predict and plan.

You need to know how much it will stretch so you don't out veg your flower space. How long will take from seed to mature but small enough for the flowering space. How long will it take to flower where you like to harvest. With that you can have a plan. without it you are just random guessing.

Back
Top Bottom