Veg Question

Here are the rules as to number of plants I can have, which also led to the idea of having the 2 veg rooms in the perpetual. Per license, I can have a total of 18 plants, 6 in the seedling/cloning phase, 6 in full Veg and 6 in bloom. With one extra license, I can have a total of 36 plants going at the same time!
1643477439898.png
Here’s the rules to the number of plants I can have.

I’ll stick to 4 ;)

5C1CC0CA-885A-43D6-B4BC-30968876CDCC.jpeg

that's cool. most of us have a job or three.

i'm happy for you. the rest of us though have to find balance between who we love, what we love, and how to pay for it. while maintaining our sanity.

being tied perpetually to a grow with no room to vacation or travel is not feasible for many. you have to plan for it.
Quoted for truth!

Hi there

Thanks for your reply :)

I’m looking for medium size. Too big get away in me coz I have an indoor outdoor grow, and I carry them out in the sun in the morning, and bring them in and finish under lights in the arvo.

What does hybrid mean when it comes to pants? And you’re right, I didn’t take into account the strike clone extra time.

The problem there is my flower area is larger than my veg. My flower area also has no light leaks, where my veg area does.

I don’t understand nute induced hibernation.
I veg 28 to 35 days, Its a decent manageable size plant. My last photo run was 3 plants vegged for 34 days. Avg was 3+ zips per. For me with a long veg, to many things can change. 95 days is great.

Hi @Trala ~ This is a long thread and others have posted some great info. I'll throw in my 2 cents... I have a perpetual grow going, outdoor, using a veg/clone greenhouse and a flower greenhouse. I'm in the tropics with a year round growing season. Last year I got almost 5 harvests. I don't use seed unless I want to try out a new variety. My technique is: grow up clones in the veg house, transfer from 1 gal. pots to 15 gal. smart pots, grow them up to the point of max vertical growth, take clone cuttings and wait until the clones are solid, transfer the 15 gal. plants to the flower house, rinse repeat. I'm using night interruption lighting in the veg house to control flowering, low-wattage daylight spectrum LED bulbs. With this method, I don't worry about how long the plants are in veg. This is variable according to genetics anyway – they get moved to the flower house when ready. My indica-dominant plants finish in 1 month in the flower house. Hybrids can take 1.5 to 2 months. Regarding perpetual cloning, I'm following E. Rosenthal and K. Morrow who say there's no degradation. I'm still in the process of verifying this, but so far, so good. A clone is a genetic copy, so intuitively, what could go wrong? I suppose a virus could get into the mix; however, if a plant doesn't look good before cloning, I won't clone that plant. Good luck with your grow! :)

Regarding perpetual cloning, I'm following E. Rosenthal and K. Morrow who say there's no degradation. I'm still in the process of verifying this, but so far, so good. A clone is a genetic copy, so intuitively, what could go wrong? I suppose a virus could get into the mix; however, if a plant doesn't look good before cloning, I won't clone that plant.

Thanks for sharing this. Talked about clones for what seems like forever and never really understood the suggestion that it leads to degradation.

Of course we (humans) have a dna structure that degrades over time as an individual natural process, and my plant biology isnt strong, but I couldnt see if the environment was suitable why cloning wouldnt be an exact replica of the origin plant no matter how many incarnations it went through.

Found the rest of what you wrote equally interesting.

I have recently been experimenting with 12/12 from seed because I too want to do perpetual grows and I think this is a great way to do it when you have limited space and a never ending supply of beans. I can probably get about 20 plants in the space I have and each one will harvest about 7+ grams dried (one big stick bud) not to mention variety. The bigger the container the larger the plant essentially and more bud overall. Mine have taken around 80 days from start to finish so I need to figure out the best time to start the next batch or seedlings.
I've thought about this method. Do you think you would be better doing autos??

Hi @Trala ~ This is a long thread and others have posted some great info. I'll throw in my 2 cents... I have a perpetual grow going, outdoor, using a veg/clone greenhouse and a flower greenhouse. I'm in the tropics with a year round growing season. Last year I got almost 5 harvests. I don't use seed unless I want to try out a new variety. My technique is: grow up clones in the veg house, transfer from 1 gal. pots to 15 gal. smart pots, grow them up to the point of max vertical growth, take clone cuttings and wait until the clones are solid, transfer the 15 gal. plants to the flower house, rinse repeat. I'm using night interruption lighting in the veg house to control flowering, low-wattage daylight spectrum LED bulbs. With this method, I don't worry about how long the plants are in veg. This is variable according to genetics anyway – they get moved to the flower house when ready. My indica-dominant plants finish in 1 month in the flower house. Hybrids can take 1.5 to 2 months. Regarding perpetual cloning, I'm following E. Rosenthal and K. Morrow who say there's no degradation. I'm still in the process of verifying this, but so far, so good. A clone is a genetic copy, so intuitively, what could go wrong? I suppose a virus could get into the mix; however, if a plant doesn't look good before cloning, I won't clone that plant. Good luck with your grow! :)
Hi there :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with me :)

I love cloning so much, but at the moment I have 6 Barney’s seeds. I have never been this seed rich in my whole life! I live in the tropics too. I think I’m going to go two seeds this next grow, then from there seed, clone, rinse repeat.

I 100% think there is no degradation cloning. In fact my current Tangerine Dream clone is by far the best Tangerine I’ve grown including the initial seeds plants. I personally don’t believe clones are a carbon copy of the mother plant. I have twin Mimosa’s who debunk that. Well I think they do.

Thanks again for sharing your grow wisdom :)

Please tell us more about this..
:nomo:
You feed the plant plain water for the most part and diluted solution/runoff water you get from reservoir change with 1/8th dose of micros and nitrogen. Lights need to be further away than with vegging plants, only partly direct, half of it glazing.

This only works on adult plants and soil is recommended, hydro will result in a failure.

Clones are not a carbon copy nor are they a genetic copy of the mother….clones are literally a piece of the mother plant removed and rooted, so yeah if you clone out a single strain for the next 5 years those clones will always be 5 years old and counting

degradation is not genetic drift so much but virus or disease etc as with most things there are limit’s. Cloning generation after generation will work fine until it doesn‘t….

edit to add… clone is same as mother only weaker by the number of times she has been cloned…. clone moms from seed will outperform clone after clone for generations.

if you clone out a single strain for the next 5 years those clones will always be 5 years old and counting

degradation is not genetic drift but virus or disease etc as with most things there are limit’s. Cloning generation after generation will work fine until it doesn‘t….

this ^

a clone mother should either be kept from seed or a clone from the seed plant. weird stuff happens running too many generations clone over clone.

edit : even reversing them through forced reveg back to single leaf stage won't change it

If you took five generations of clones from a mother vs. cloning a clone for 5 generations, the mother plant clones would all be pieces of the mother plant whereas the clone's clone's clone's cline's clo... would have gone through being cut & grow new roots and tissues for the nth time. Even if you cut down environmental factors, the hormonals remain.

Back
Top Bottom