PH too high

darcels30

I'm in week five for my autoflowers but my ph is @ 7-8, how do I bring it down to 6.5? do I flush it? do I add more nutrients with ph 6? I did try just ph water & it did go down to 7. HELP! I don't want to ruin my girls.

Hello darcels and welcome to 420 Magazine.
Sounds like you don't have all the necessary tools of the trade. You will be needing some PH down.
A PH pen, PH up, PH down, and a PPM pen are very common tools to have on hand before jumping into cannabis growing.
There are home remedies I have heard of for lowering your ph but I won't comment on those since I know nothing about them. I strongly recommend you head down to your local nursery or grow shop and get some PH down. It's an easy fix but also a huge problem.
Also to answer the rest of the question:
"Do I flush it?" = No. Not unless you have properly ph'ed water going in to correct the problem.
"Do I add more nutrients?" = No. That would result in further issues.

A lot of it depends on the variables. What is your Medium? How are you coming up with that number for PH? And PH of water or soil or _____? Is it having issues/problems? etc......

A lot of it depends on the variables. What is your Medium? How are you coming up with that number for PH? And PH of water or soil or _____? Is it having issues/problems? etc......
I do have PH down & up but my question was should I just flush it with PH water or use new nutrients at 6.5 PH. thank you anyway

I do have PH down & up but my question was should I just flush it with PH water or use new nutrients at 6.5 PH. thank you anyway

What Dwight said. We have too many unknowns here to really diagnose and provide advice.

Why I gave the link and what I posted, folks need more info to give you any kind of advice worth giving/taking.

I'm using soil and I always thought Ph needed to be 6.5 or lower, am I wrong?

PH of your water/nutrients is in that area, my nutrients call for 6.4 so that is what I go with personally. Take it you are talking PH of your soil by an el cheapo meter or PH of your runoff? Neither of which is useful or relevant in a soil grow. Are the plants having problems? Otherwise chasing imaginary problems will create problems you didn't have about 90% of the time.

I do have PH down & up but my question was should I just flush it with PH water or use new nutrients at 6.5 PH. ...
Yes, No and Maybe. This is why the group needs to know more about what you have going so far. See my comments below.
I'm using soil and I always thought Ph needed to be 6.5 or lower, am I wrong?
We will also need to know what kind of soil. Is it a soil mix that contains "dirt" and compost? That will have a different answer than if it is mix of peat moss, perlite (and/or vermiculite) and coco coir.

These peat moss, perlite and coco coir mixes are often called soil because they look like and feel like an organic soil mix when they are damp. They are sold in bags in big box department store and in hydroponic or grow stores or these mixes can be bought on-line. However, it is not a mineral type of soil and will definitely have a different answer than if it is a natural mineral soil.

Or is a mix of some of the above mentioned items you put together?

Last week I posted my PH was too high @8 in soil. does the PH in soil need to be 6.5 or lower? I have a two prong tester that shows PH levels, dryness & light. I was way past 8 so I made up a new batch of nutrients to PH 6 and I brought it down to PH 7, is that low enough or does it need to be lower? They are autoflowers. here are some pics of my girls, & some new seed I just bought from Seedsman.
IMG_0467.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0471.JPG
    IMG_0471.JPG
    544.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0465.JPG
    IMG_0465.JPG
    599.2 KB · Views: 30
  • TPFQ6004.JPG
    TPFQ6004.JPG
    668.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0466.JPG
    IMG_0466.JPG
    623 KB · Views: 43
Yes, No and Maybe. This is why the group needs to know more about what you have going so far. See my comments below.

We will also need to know what kind of soil. Is it a soil mix that contains "dirt" and compost? That will have a different answer than if it is mix of peat moss, perlite (and/or vermiculite) and coco coir.

These peat moss, perlite and coco coir mixes are often called soil because they look like and feel like an organic soil mix when they are damp. They are sold in bags in big box department store and in hydroponic or grow stores or these mixes can be bought on-line. However, it is not a mineral type of soil and will definitely have a different answer than if it is a natural mineral soil.

I use ocean forest potting soil, it has guano, peet pellets and all kinds of nutrients.

Get a real ph pen

The soil ph is irrelevant...yer water, nute mixture ph is what matters

Then keep yer water ph at about 6.3, thats the sweet spot, but a little up or diwn is fine

Oh and get ph Up and Down...lol youll need that too

Tgey look pretty good, get the right tools and yer girls will Love u Long Time....lol

The two prong soil tester is worse than useless. There are specific methods of testing the pH of soil. This one will give you a false sense of security.

It's what you put into your soil that matters, not the reading your are getting or what comes out. The water or nutrient solution going in should be between a pH of 6.2 and 6.8.

In case you haven't found it yet, I'll point you in this direction:
You'll find lots of good information for soil growing in Emilya's current journal. Her paper, 'The Proper Way to Water a Potted Plant' is considered a must read for soil growing.

This is the soil I use

Attachments

• 846BA98B-754A-4009-96D1-8654E468D33E.jpeg
    846BA98B-754A-4009-96D1-8654E468D33E.jpeg
    825.7 KB · Views: 31
I use ocean forest potting soil, it has guano, peet pellets and all kinds of nutrients.
People that have had experience in pH problems, especially in this brand of soil, can help give some suggestions tailored directly to your mix.

In the meantime you will find more suggestions to get the ball rolling by doing searches on pH problems in Fox Farms Ocean Forest soils.

Naturally, a photo of the entire plant taken in a natural room light will help identify if there is a pH problem or another problem is starting.That might not be necessary but be ready.

Back
Top Bottom