Phenomenawesome's Auto Cannabonanza: GSC, LSD-25, Northern Lights, Diesel In Coco

Re: Phenomenawesome's Auto Cannabonanza - GSC - LSD-25 - Northern Lights - Diesel In

Day 44 Autoflowers: "Autos are tough!!" long update.

So.. Seeing as a couple of girls were just starting thier flower stretch, I thought they were all in flower but 2 were untopped and showing pistils just were not budding.

So instead of dealing with this, I call the unruly section :
420-magazine-mobile291620542.jpg

To this phenomenal canopy with some supercropping. Granted I was a little rough with one...

To give an idea, I did this lights on. Pic is at second water of the day, about 10 hours. I wasn't gentle especially with Gina here and they popped back and were growing within hours.
420-magazine-mobile632463427.jpg

Jen supercropped.
420-magazine-mobile528793275.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1249945110.jpg

I think we are past the training fear with autos...I asked a guy that grows a lot of Fastbuds and he said just 'have no fear'... get in there and train them.

I would have done the others had I thought of it before they were already flowing :(

Question for those of there... Once they are in full flower would it hurt to increase light a lot? (from 600w to 1000w ) in my case.
Temps I can keep low now. 75 lights on at 1000w but being sick I couldn't keep up with the feeds and I was letting it run 79 degrees... I had no idea how much a few degrees will slow transpiration!!! - a whole nother reason to automate.

Now I would love to get that bigger yeild and buy more time to finish my perpetual right but don't want to risk issues.

The others are uniform and starting to bud. haven't decided to lay a trellis, need support for sure, brittle.

Emily day 44

420-magazine-mobile424387060.jpg

Lina and Marta
420-magazine-mobile1757082332.jpg

420-magazine-mobile529331867.jpg

Helga into bondage... I tried to talk her out of it but she ended up with some nice uniform colas
420-magazine-mobile940077154.jpg

Supercropped Jen
420-magazine-mobile186508675.jpg

Scarlet, only defoliate and tied up a bit
420-magazine-mobile82276035.jpg

Her buds...
420-magazine-mobile163960894.jpg

I'm interested in this as it uses my vertical space well with a lot of sites. This is the sativa GSC phenotype
Still Scarlet secondary buds.
420-magazine-mobile370253206.jpg

Janis, back from serious burns and doing well again.
420-magazine-mobile1645855754.jpg

Same for her finicky sister Lyra...
420-magazine-mobile1538307799.jpg

Closeup of burns. They seem ok now just an eyesore lol.
420-magazine-mobile1708744512.jpg

That's enough for now. Likely starting a new one for the dark plasmas. Not many folks turned out for this one and I would hate someone to miss it if looking for a Dark Plasma grow.

... For support
I wonder if bamboo would work i the bags.
Thoughts anyone? Grow bag support.

Cheers everyone and hope its a wonderful day for all!!

Re: Phenomenawesome's Auto Cannabonanza - GSC - LSD-25 - Northern Lights - Diesel In

Quick canopy shot...
420-magazine-mobile13709612.jpg

And another question. The humidity is nuts. 60 to 80 percent. Killing my carbon filter most likely.

Anyway has anyone used one of those under a hundred bucks dehumidifiers. 40 pint I think?

Basically the room is sealed with 15 minute shots per hour of fresh air at 50 percent humidity.

-one last thing that changed in the grow.
The wife got a Nest for the house.
Pretty cool, I didn't know how many things it can now do. It's a way for us small time guys to automate the grow and the home.
Now, I can now hook up all of my outlets, cameras and pumps on timers to my phone and run 'if this than that' type instructions... and if I needed to do something that it can't the API is open source and I can write it myself. I'm impressed.

Cheers again everyone, much love and happy Wednesday!

Day 44 Autoflowers: "Autos are tough!!" long update.

So.. Seeing as a couple of girls were just starting thier flower stretch, I thought they were all in flower but 2 were untopped and showing pistils just were not budding.

So instead of dealing with this, I call the unruly section :
420-magazine-mobile291620542.jpg

To this phenomenal canopy with some supercropping. Granted I was a little rough with one...

To give an idea, I did this lights on. Pic is at second water of the day, about 10 hours. I wasn't gentle especially with Gina here and they popped back and were growing within hours.
420-magazine-mobile632463427.jpg

Jen supercropped.
420-magazine-mobile528793275.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1249945110.jpg

I think we are past the training fear with autos...I asked a guy that grows a lot of Fastbuds and he said just 'have no fear'... get in there and train them.

I would have done the others had I thought of it before they were already flowing :(

Question for those of there... Once they are in full flower would it hurt to increase light a lot? (from 600w to 1000w ) in my case.
Temps I can keep low now. 75 lights on at 1000w but being sick I couldn't keep up with the feeds and I was letting it run 79 degrees... I had no idea how much a few degrees will slow transpiration!!! - a whole nother reason to automate.

Now I would love to get that bigger yeild and buy more time to finish my perpetual right but don't want to risk issues.

The others are uniform and starting to bud. haven't decided to lay a trellis, need support for sure, brittle.

Emily day 44

420-magazine-mobile424387060.jpg

Lina and Marta
420-magazine-mobile1757082332.jpg

420-magazine-mobile529331867.jpg

Helga into bondage... I tried to talk her out of it but she ended up with some nice uniform colas
420-magazine-mobile940077154.jpg

Supercropped Jen
420-magazine-mobile186508675.jpg

Scarlet, only defoliate and tied up a bit
420-magazine-mobile82276035.jpg

Her buds...
420-magazine-mobile163960894.jpg

I'm interested in this as it uses my vertical space well with a lot of sites. This is the sativa GSC phenotype
Still Scarlet secondary buds.
420-magazine-mobile370253206.jpg

Janis, back from serious burns and doing well again.
420-magazine-mobile1645855754.jpg

Same for her finicky sister Lyra...
420-magazine-mobile1538307799.jpg

Closeup of burns. They seem ok now just an eyesore lol.
420-magazine-mobile1708744512.jpg

That's enough for now. Likely starting a new one for the dark plasmas. Not many folks turned out for this one and I would hate someone to miss it if looking for a Dark Plasma grow.

... For support
I wonder if bamboo would work i the bags.
Thoughts anyone? Grow bag support.

Cheers everyone and hope its a wonderful day for all!!

Sort no idea what a grow bag is bud.

Im here so who cares lol .

Sort no idea what a grow bag is bud.

Im here so who cares lol .

And I'm glad your here brother! .

They are just plastic 3 gallon bags. Inexpensive alternative.

Hope you have a great day and green garden!

Wow those plants are huge! I think ive got some control issues, maybe i otta just leave the girls alone.
Hahahhahaa no kidding Agemon!

I go overboard... I know what you mean though.

Last grow I did some training and defoliating but let it get pretty thick and I got a great deal of good bud from the interior and lowers.

I would even challenge that after the cure the lower buds have a nicer flavor and kick a bit different than tops for example and I'm pleasantly surprised.

If I could go back in this grow I would have stuck with the original 6. They got big and could have been trained into huge squares.

The greenhouse seeds Northern Lights, Fastbuds green crack and one of the NYC diesel are capable of being HUGE...
I have done what I can to keep them manageable. I have heard also that you can extend the veg a bit with more nitrogen. Note sure how true but man...

You can increase light as long as temps are controlled but remember that the plant will take up more nutes at the same time. Increase nutes a little and watch them closely for any signs of defiency.

Good water and Z7 and you're golden, all ya need.

Never used z7 - what exactly does it do?

Never used z7 - what exactly does it do?

Its an enzyme cleaner it will clean slime and organic material from your roots and your hydro setup/ cloner.

You can increase light as long as temps are controlled but remember that the plant will take up more nutes at the same time. Increase nutes a little and watch them closely for any signs of defiency.
Thanks Pennywise!

That's what I thought. Well I am up for it. When they come on tomorrow I'll hit em with more light and a bit more to eat.

Been watching closely dialing in the outer room with Nest and AC etc. I will just continue my regular checks and see how they do. I've read after the stretch they are more or less done that the roots and size stop or rather slow tremendously.

Is this true for roots? You would know. Do they continue growing through flower? My guess would be a maintenance type growth.

Late to the show but subbed up.
Great to have you Troy01!

Ya, kick back read up and see how I talk myself into doing crazy stuff lol :)

Actually things are going pretty well knock on weed. Hope you are doing well!

Its an enzyme cleaner it will clean slime and organic material from your roots and your hydro setup/ cloner.
Yeah I actually just pulled the trigger. it's been sitting in my cart.
it should be here tomorrow I'm super excited I'm going to fire up the cloner and take a couple of cuts off of two of my dark plasmas while I let the other to catch up.

That z7 is some awesome stuff from what folks experience.
Especially in DWC as it allows for higher temps and much cleaner overall experience.

I am looking to see if it will also work like cannazyme and speed up the decomposition of old root material if so it can be used in a mid flower flush in coco I'd imagine.

Dangit, had a post typed and lost it:(

Anhoo cutting from these 2, 2 cuts tomorrow if the Z7 shows up Kingjoe83.

I want this one to be a girl. #2 Perfect structure, I hope she has great smoke.
#2 keeps popping up side branches at every point of intersection and they grow out instead of staying short.
420-magazine-mobile936567361.jpg

#1 I suspect male, taller less side branching. Still a nice plant.

420-magazine-mobile2117625641.jpg

Well I know for sure 100% what light will be replacing this one.
HLG550.
I've researched them all, considered a DIY cob build.
It's been nearly a year I can say definitive what is top right now.
Chilled is as good, but I like the HLG
May still DIY a little bit but essentially it will be a an HLG550 quantum board for a 5x5 tent with a 4x4 flood table.

I'm putting up my PC on that guys list and building a new one, no nonsense powerhouse by AMD this time for video editing as well gaming. Less flashy.
I should make enough for the light in the process.
500W to outperform a 1000W HPS.
Real deal, no gimmick and also much better spectrum with blues for all that extra sticky resin.

Wish me luck! Sometimes selling these are difficult because those that like them build their own.

Woohoo good day, healthy checkup at the doc.

Some new stuff, can take some practice cuts :)

Ah i was right the first time, it is an enzymatic cleaner. I much prefer that.

I wonder what made me think otherwise...
420-magazine-mobile210453277.jpg

Good luck on the pc, the HLG 550 should be a monster light!
Thanks PW!

Great to have you Troy01!

Ya, kick back read up and see how I talk myself into doing crazy stuff lol :)

Actually things are going pretty well knock on weed. Hope you are doing well!

Thanks - Your girls are beautiful and enjoying the grow. I always learn new things like Pennywise suggestion of Z7. I'll have to get some for my next grow.

Back
Top Bottom