Phenominawesome Family First Grow Tries Aurora Indica, AK48's - 1KW MH/HPS - 5x5 Tent

Re: Phenominawesome Family First Grow Tries Aurora Indica, AK48's - 1KW MH/HPS - 5x5

I always rig up smaller squares in my scrog for better control
What size do you recommend PW?

I didn't really know what to expect without actually seeing it layed out.

Its actually doing a ton to bring up more tops...all the more reason clone runs will be nice because I can start the training in veg...

Without that or a cage I can definitely see how much yeild can change based on training.

I think that just gave me an idea for the next one (Autos while vegging).

Maybe for that run I try some tomato cages for the photos, get a bunch of clones for next time and still have a rocking canopy when I flip...hmm.
I like it.

One thing that I I have been on the fence about is DWC.

Love the idea and about to pull the trigger too. I hear autos can be done that way, but for photos I see some of the the oddest training that im not quite understanding but im sure it will become clear soon enough. :)

Just need to look into it.

Thanks again!

Re: Phenominawesome Family First Grow Tries Aurora Indica, AK48's - 1KW MH/HPS - 5x5

Its really all pretty simple once you get into it, my frame has 2" squares but ill run string diagonaly across the frame to give me smaller squares to weave thru

Dude looks like a lady!!

Well shoot. I don't know what happened but my coveted sativa pheno AK decided, systemically to become a man. Not a couple of balls i mean yesterday making buds, today making balls.

We've had a couple of hot days where the temps have gotten into the 81-82 range not a really big deal that plant does sit on the side that is next to AC in room, and fan inside.

Other thing, I fed them this morning, before seeing balls 1/2 strength FF full linup with beastie bloomz being the only changed chemical.

I will say I've gone very light on nutrients they've only eaten a couple of times in their lives and each time was only 1/4 strength and then 1/2 strength so they're not really used to getting a lot of nutrients other than what was already in the soil I'm hoping I didn't chemically hermaphrodite it because of course I worry about the others.

This is my first time using the app to upload multiple photos so please let me know if there's a problem seeing them and also I'm using 420 app and it seems like my signature is not working like it does on the desktop any tips on how to do that anyway, no looking back!

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Well I lost an ounce or two I guess, and let's hope I was able to get it out carefully enough not to bust any balls.

After further reading there are 2 issues that could have caused this as I see it anyway. Any theories or experiences please share, I'm a noob here! :)

1) These plants haven't been fed much as I said and this one less than the others. I just fed this plant full lineup of Fox Farms Dirty Dozen at 1/2 str. However :) I thought this Beastie Bloomz is the good stuff better go ahead and do a full dose (0-50-30) <facepalm>

2) I wanted to raise it up a little to get more light and with the scrog in place I really roughed it up (unintentionally) a couple of days before noticing the balls.

I don't know how fast they grow but the timeline is:

Lights on 7PM - Fed at 9PM, 5AM noticed balls everywhere...Now that I type this it seems unlikely but after watching the other buds seem to grow a lot overnight maybe it could grow 2-3 balls per joint? I don't know, but would like to for future reference.

After reading about PK boosters and how they manipulate plant hormones to focus on flowering I can see how a predisposed genetic plant would be easily switched.

I heard the analogy that when they receive these crazy high amounts of PK they think it's end of life and push hard to flower big and fast.

This also causes unstable genetics to do weird shit I guess but like I said, how fast could this happen? More likely the mechanical stress with the scrog and elevating the plant.

The flowers are growing fast and starting to show a little hint of shiny goodness. Will post pics tonight.

Hi all good evening, waiting patiently for the lights to come on...

So I'm about to pull the trigger on a cheap Mars Hydro 300 to add over the Aurora and AK#4 (suppliment ~600w hps. its a turned down 1000w bulb).

Before I do, I'm hoping someone can chime in that might know.

Will adding a supplemental LED (blues) in the middle of flowering with HPS cause stress or hermies?

Amazon has the old ones really cheap and while I plan to build a COB light later, ive seen these things produce some decent stuff on their own.

My rational for the light is that I can use it for seedlings/vegging or supplemental light again when it's hot like this.

As it is now it will be literally under my scrubber so it should suck the heat right out.

Now that I have a scrubber plan C:

Venting outside through my attic. (not into the attic, I will pipe it to the outlet). I can turn the blower down a little and hopefully the AC unit in the room isn't wasted by being blown out.

Anyway, going to try that tonight also.

Wish me luck!!

Thoughts?

You should be good on adding the light, that shouldnt cause hermies. A lot of landrace sativas will hermie easily when stressed. Sativas are more prone than indicas.

Excellent, thanks PW!

here's the pics I promised.

Redemption
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

1st 3 are Aurora Indica. Then canopy, AK1, iced grapefruit

Today started the work to vent out of tge room and can't find my drywall saw so I'll go out for one.

Put up a second trellis of smaller hole size for support.

Not to be presumptuous but just in case ;)

Bit of frost starting... So damn exciting!

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Looking on point, cant wait for a smoke report on the Aurora Indica. I have 5 beans to pop sometime down the road.

Looking on point, cant wait for a smoke report on the Aurora Indica. I have 5 beans to pop sometime down the road.
Ya thats the plant we are really curious about. We still have 2 fem beans left. I hear the AK is strong but not too tasty.

I'm going to invest into 10 regular photos from either TGA Subcool or Ocean Grown genetics and keep a mom.

I'm on the fence and OG doesn't have the Jedi OG or Dark Plasma right now so it's likely going to be TGA Subcool (makes me happy as more Sativa hybrids 60-75%).

I lean more towards indicas, just some ogkb 2.0 bx1. Its 90% indica and cookie dominate cant wait. .

I lean more towards indicas, just some ogkb 2.0 bx1. Its 90% indica and cookie dominate cant wait. .
I saw that!!

Man those sound so good...I can't wait to see how those come out.

Those are the ones that you just posted about.

Can those genetics be ordered in the US?

I found another site that you mentioned before, but ive never heard of half of the strains lol.
I think some exotic landraces?

Maybe when I get a bit more experience.

I like them both pretty equally, but more lately like the up. I usually mix anything too sativa heavy its missing something that helps me with pain.

Ok quick update.

The big AK in the middle number for gets water today along with the ice grapefruit technically they should be getting food today but I think I'm going to wait till the next watering because they look good.

Here's the supplemental lighting, temperatures are great. 77 degrees today but it's a bit cooler outside. Not 95.

1.jpg

Looking nice and healthy, lots of colas. .
Thank you Pennywise :)

Looks like I may have pollinated a cola on the grapefruit. A couple of the hairs are turning orange and curling and only 20 days into flower I fear the worst.

The male plant is gone, hopefully only one plant got it, I thought that I eas vert careful but still not sure how to tell.

Anyone know if one cola
is pollinated will the whole plant start to seed or just the one?
Thanks for the help and tips!
Cheers!!

Only flowers that recieve pollen will produce seeds, if its just a few buds you just got free seeds.

Nice!!

Been wanting to know that for a long time.

I would not complain about free seeds. Would be curious as to the mix. AK48xIced Grapefruit

I've inspected every site that I can find and only the one has a few brownish orange hairs.

Back
Top Bottom