Phenominawesome Family First Grow Tries Aurora Indica, AK48's - 1KW MH/HPS - 5x5 Tent

Re: Phenominawesome Family First Grow Tries Aurora Indica, AK48's - 1KW MH/HPS - 5x5

The pistils will recede in to calyx if theres a seed inside.

Ah... Ok I'm seeing how things work. Bringing back some high school biology memories lol.

Thank you Pennywise!

Again, excellent information!

Re: Phenominawesome Family First Grow Tries Aurora Indica, AK48's - 1KW MH/HPS - 5x5

Remember a lot of strains will produce nanners late in the bloom phase but the pollen is not always viable so they may not of caused a lot of damage.

-Day 21 flower they started week 4 nutrients.

Fox farms dirty dozen per chart at 50%
Bembe is at 100% its sucrose, cane sugar, mollases and very little NPK.
Maybe like Bud Candy?

The thought is... This will carbo load the microbes, helping to promote transfer in the root zone

-I want to try mamoth P next round as I set up Hydro next.

All said and done we are trying a non- recirculating DWC hydro for our first go.
The only problem I forsee is cooling off the reservoirs (buckets)

Piecing together the parts and seeing if thw 99 dollar amazon kit isn't cheaper.

So now STILL deciding on genetics. Man, this has to be the hardest decision...ever.

The Autos I just don't know what to expect. I want a strong as possible Indica for sleep and anxiety as well some GSC or Haze offspring for fun times.

-I got this new waterer/sprayer the other day and wanted to share my impressions. As well make a note to self.

It's a 2-gallon Round-up sprayer with cone fan and spray.
Cone is recommended for plant and fertilizer however I think fan works better for watering and I'm not foliar feeding right now so I'm not sure how well that works. Won't know till next season.

It's got a nozzle on it that really stretches to the back plants that I have a hard time reaching.

The main thing I really like about this is if you put it on fan mode it really seems to come out of the tip well and aerate the water or fertilizer solution.

it forces me to water a little slower, disrupts the surface a lot less and seems to really get in there well.

Because of that the plants respond a lot different. Typically after I water, the plants would go through a couple of hours of a droopy period.

With this that doesn't happen, I'm wondering if that bit of aeration helps.

Cheers, time to peek in on yall's gardens! Have a great day everyone!

Remember a lot of strains will produce nanners late in the bloom phase but the pollen is not always viable so they may not of caused a lot of damage.
I did not know that was common late in flower. Makes sense though, continuation of the species etc. I just watched a video in which a guy had to chop a whole garden as all plants started throwing nanners due to light problems/power outages etc.

I still don't know what to look for as far as nanners otger. The pictures that I found were hard to see.

My plant flipped sex and started to grow actual pollen sacs, but each node with them had maybe 3 or 4 and I was careful to remove the plant but may have damaged some and that plant was right in front of the fan lol.

I guess it's not too common, as I didn't find too many cases while searching.
You know what is strange Pennywise is that in veg and early flower I would look at one side of the plant (my first topping) compared to the other the pre flowers looked a little male on one side, female on the other but after a few days 12 12 it threw pistils everywhere. Not sure when /why but couldn't have been more than a day or two before I caught the male switch.

Anyway hopefully the nanners stick out so when they happen I can be prepared!

They look like small yellow bananas, pollen sacs is what i would consider a true hermie. If you decent pics of the hermie plant with both male and female flowers i would send pics to the seedbank. Those seeds may be very unstable.

They look like small yellow bananas, pollen sacs is what i would consider a true hermie. If you decent pics of the hermie plant with both male and female flowers i would send pics to the seedbank. Those seeds may be very unstable.
Good idea, I do have some ok photos. Main thing I have one that shows the pollen sacs and buds on the same branches but that photo is a little blurry.

My youtube video shows it best though, I could likely send them the link to that.
I'm not a YouTuber but just like to shoot video of the girls with my phone.

In this first photo you can see the sacs stacking up in two places, right at the bottom and the node above that I think.
...crazy stuff.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Garden Update day 26 of flower.

I actually started on the Fox Farms week 5 nutes schedule at 50% only because I want to make sure they get 2 feeds in week 5.

I then incresed Tiger bloom to 3/4 strength to increase PPM to the ~900 range without too many nitrates.

I haven't listed my feeding in a while so here it is for my sake and anyone qho is interested.
5 gallon smart pots with just over 3 gallons of Fox Farms Ocean forest soil. I didn't realize how much it would settle and poured it very light for draining. Lesson learned.
Fox Farms Dirty Dozen:
Week 5 soil.
Big Bloom 1.5 tsp/gal
Grow Big 0.5 tsp/gal
Tiger Bloom 1.5 tsp/gal
Microbe brew 0.25 tsp/gal
Kelp me kelp you 0.25 tsp/gal (full strength)
Bembe 3 tsp/gal (full strength)
1/8 tsp/gallon ChaChing. (may have started this a bit too early).

My only complaint of Fox farms is the PH dropout. In fact I need to call and see if thats normal. It drops to the mid to low 4s and takes a lot on PH up to correct.

I also add advanced nutrients sensi-cal to RO water for normal watering.

The Advanced version legitimately looks better than botanicare but I cannot speak from experience. It has a little more N I think but it has some benificial microbes, amino acids and chelated iron and other minerals. Kind of a no brainer and with the PH going right to 6.8 for me at 1/4tsp gallon that makes things very easy.

I made sure they were thirsty and the Aurora Indica was beginning to show signs of under-watering stress actually

Now for pics!
Let's start with the biggest bush.
AK48 #4 I originally thought it male, it is going to be our saving grace and largest proucer. This also has least amount of soil and is thirsty almost daily now. This plant canopy is 2'x2'.

Can a plant in a smart pot become root bound to the point of hurting plants?
1.jpg
2.jpg

Here is the one I would like to have kep a cutting.

Its not as bushy but has great leaf texture, is very tolarant. The buds are stacking up very uniform and overall just way more frosty. Last photo, plant on right

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Here is the iced grapefruit, Aurora Indica i need to get some shots the light went out on me and I had to go..
and last photo is another of that beastly AK

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

AWW YEAH you guys went in on the equipment and research!! Well played! Looks like everything is going swimmingly. I am subbed in fo sho! .

Garden Update day 26 of flower.

I actually started on the Fox Farms week 5 nutes schedule at 50% only because I want to make sure they get 2 feeds in week 5.

I then incresed Tiger bloom to 3/4 strength to increase PPM to the ~900 range without too many nitrates.

I haven't listed my feeding in a while so here it is for my sake and anyone qho is interested.
5 gallon smart pots with just over 3 gallons of Fox Farms Ocean forest soil. I didn't realize how much it would settle and poured it very light for draining. Lesson learned.
Fox Farms Dirty Dozen:
Week 5 soil.
Big Bloom 1.5 tsp/gal
Grow Big 0.5 tsp/gal
Tiger Bloom 1.5 tsp/gal
Microbe brew 0.25 tsp/gal
Kelp me kelp you 0.25 tsp/gal (full strength)
Bembe 3 tsp/gal (full strength)
1/8 tsp/gallon ChaChing. (may have started this a bit too early).

My only complaint of Fox farms is the PH dropout. In fact I need to call and see if thats normal. It drops to the mid to low 4s and takes a lot on PH up to correct.

I also add advanced nutrients sensi-cal to RO water for normal watering.

The Advanced version legitimately looks better than botanicare but I cannot speak from experience. It has a little more N I think but it has some benificial microbes, amino acids and chelated iron and other minerals. Kind of a no brainer and with the PH going right to 6.8 for me at 1/4tsp gallon that makes things very easy.

I made sure they were thirsty and the Aurora Indica was beginning to show signs of under-watering stress actually

Now for pics!
Let's start with the biggest bush.
AK48 #4 I originally thought it male, it is going to be our saving grace and largest proucer. This also has least amount of soil and is thirsty almost daily now. This plant canopy is 2'x2'.

Can a plant in a smart pot become root bound to the point of hurting plants?
7430c6b1d00a020a0c50b8611d9a9825.jpg
f45709c8e1fc0d809799e958a3a64f36.jpg

No the roots will air prune themselves eliminating root bound plants. You're golden.

AWW YEAH you guys went in on the equipment and research!! Well played! Looks like everything is going swimmingly. I am subbed in fo sho! .
Thanks Muzzy!

We are doing our best and learning so much from everyone here.

Crazy you mention that...I just said last night that the 30-ish hours a week of research for a few months gave me the knowledge of multiple lifetimes of growers experience.

Im very grateful, just hope one day to puff puff pass it on :)

Just getting caught up. I think I'm about a week or so in front of you, but I had timer issues in week 2, which I think through off my flower phase by about a week. Your plants are looking great Pheno! You'e had one helluva ride!!!!

Just getting caught up. I think I'm about a week or so in front of you, but I had timer issues in week 2, which I think through off my flower phase by about a week. Your plants are looking great Pheno! You'e had one helluva ride!!!!
Thanks Agemon. As if it weren't enough my saucers and floraleen came in and right before I switched them the iced grapefruit took a fall :( she looks fine though. I hope the trellis didn't cause too much stress.

I think mine are also slowed as they are smaller but by looking they don't look like they are starting to ripen yet, got some time yet. I think 4 weeks out.

Thanks Agemon. As if it weren't enough my saucers and floraleen came in and right before I switched them the iced grapefruit took a fall :( she looks fine though. I hope the trellis didn't cause too much stress.

I think mine are also slowed as they are smaller but by looking they don't look like they are starting to ripen yet, got some time yet. I think 4 weeks out.

My flowers look about the same as yours. Check out the link or search WeedBonsai. The second best part is right around the corner!

My flowers look about the same as yours. Check out the link or search WeedBonsai. The second best part is right around the corner!
They do, ya I would say just under a week behind? They exploded in the last week I just hope it continues for one or two more.
I subbed over there looks good, I'm anxious to see the harvest!

Back
Top Bottom