Photos, Soil, Mars Hydro Grow

It's Day 35 (5 whole weeks already) & I'm ready to start Flowering. Today I trimmed a bunch of stuff off the bottom 2" or so on all 3 plants. I also did some LST on the GG since she perked up. Then they felt kind of dry & the pots were fairly light so I fed them again. This time I upped the MC to 5 gr. per gal. Right now the GG looks smaller because she just got the LST. I think she'll catch up pretty quick.
When lights go off today they'll get switched over to 12/12. I've heard of others giving them 24 hours of darkness before flower. Is there any reason to do this? I never have before.
Here's some pics. We'll start with the GG I was having trouble with & go from there.
1st 3 pics are the GG & the next 4 are the Afghan.
6-125.JPG
6-126.JPG
6-127.JPG
6-128.JPG
6-129.JPG
6-130.JPG
6-131.JPG

Some folks think a long dark period jump starts them into flower. Not sure why that's necessary or even advised though even if it's possible!
I've heard some crazy ones for sure; like giving them ice water & making it below 70 F. Don't know if any of it works but some seem to think so.

I guess the easiest way to tell is if the leaves were getting lighter colored meaning more water needed or if they stay dark green meaning less water.
Really the easiest and simplest way is to water the plant. If the plant continues to droop it's wet feet. If it perks up within a few hours it was thirsty.

Do you see anything going on with the GG Shed?

Mostly I don't like the downward droop of the leaves, which looks wet-feet-ish to me. And I personally would give them all at least another week before flipping.
OK thanks. I never paid attention to the lineup but ya the green looks good there so it's a light thing that made me think it was a def.
The droop is not nearly as bad as what it was a few days ago. You think wet feet or too small a pot? He seemed to think there was improvement after the watering and that's why I ask.

Thanks guys for the help. I really think the GG is back on track now. She is almost back to normal with just a slight droopiness. 2 of the 3 were up-potted almost a week ago but the GG had to wait a few extra days because of the droopiness. I wasn't sure on the Flip so I did it anyway last night so they are on day 1 of 12/12.
Now i got to get the RH a little lower as it's suppose to rain for about 4 days straight around here. Turning off the Humidifier tonight to see what difference it makes Temp wise & bring the RH down. Only at 60% lights on but it gets 75% lights off & that's too high for flower. I really don't like it getting over 70% at any time. But in Flower I usually go closer to 40% lights on & 60% lights off. Long as I'm in between those percentages things usually go well.
So off with the Humidifier & up with the exhaust fan to see what the temps do.
Anyway I got this PYLE PLMT12 LUX Meter & not sure how to use it. I put it on the x10 setting & at the Canopy I just get a 1. If I set it on the floor it bounces around at the 1500 Range. Not sure how to use this thing. Says it goes to 20000 Lux.
Any info on it ???

They've all had white hairs for a week or so. They should start developing fast at this rate. I was starting to think they were auto's but that's not what the packages said. All 3 are from Herbie's. I was debating on waiting on the Flip but my impatience got the better 1/2 of me. That GG is one stinky girl. Actually all 3 are but I notice her most.

I take it this Meter doesn't go high enough ? What does it need to go to? I thought it meant 20,000 x 10 making it 200,000 Lux ? I'll YouTube it after work tomorrow to see what I can find out.
It's gotta go higher than 20k! I'd hold the meter at the tops and keep pressing the 10x button until you get a three digit readout. That should probably be x100 which on mine would say 356 or something, meaning 35,600lux.

Back
Top Bottom