Photos, Soil, Mars Hydro Grow

I was just playing with the Meter & it's working fine under the bedroom light both ways (x10 & 3 Digit). 3 digit says 144 about 4' under the light & gets higher as I raise the meter. I probably just needed to keep pushing the Range Button til I found the right spot. Lights don't come on till 7 pm so I have to wait to check them.
So what should it be reading for the 1st week of Flower?

I'm not sure but I think my light is either too bright or too low. The Meter gives me a 1 at the canopy no matter how I set it.
When I set the meter on the floor I get a 1500 x 10 reading.
My reader reads my big flowering light well over 100k at 4 inches. At about 14 inches it reads about 75k. Use slow movements while adjusting it. It took me a few times to figure it out. Just play with it a bit. Which one do you have? This one's mine. I can twist the sensor so I can have it facing the light but still be able to read it. These are my early veg lights.

Edit: you'll notice a pattern. The recommended distances on your lights instructions are usually pretty accurate (atleast mine were) to the lux meter recommendations. They seem to match up. Also I tested the phone lux meter app it's slightly different than mine but it's accurate.

Attachments

• IMG_20200215_150344727.jpg
    IMG_20200215_150344727.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
Here's a few pics of the one I have. As you can see I can get a X10 reading but the other positions just give me a 1. The instructions say if it gives you a 1 the light is too bright for the meter. I'm thinking that 20000 x 10 means 200,000 LUX...Correct ? Could the lights be that bright ? Or is it this Meter?
I do think I'm getting some light bleaching. Post pics later of that. Have to go to work.
Let me know what you guys think as far as this Meter / Light Reading goes.
DSCF0508.JPG
DSCF0510.JPG
DSCF0511.JPG
DSCF0512.JPG

Not too sure about the 1. Mine just keeps going up the closer I bring it to the light. I've seen over 200k while testing it. I use the 10x although I have the 100x option. I just turn it on, put the sensor where I wanna test, face it directly at the lighy and the number pops up.

Edit: I also wanna say the biggest light I use is 260 actual watts. Then I use 2 other smaller ones for flower. I could see how a bigger more wattage light could easily max out one of the meters. My 260 watts throws those numbers like I said atleast to 200k+.

Maybe the 1 is just the meter maxing out kind of like a bathroom scale. I usually start at the recommended distance then check the lux and adjust from there. They're usually pretty close. @Budsbunny

Jealous of you all with your fancy light meters....would be awesome if you could do a comparison vs a phone light meter app....and post results...here... ;)

If someone could just compare using this one would be juuust perfect...
Screenshot_20200311-145423_Light Meter.jpg

Farside ran that test, and the results weren't pretty for the phone apps.
@780grow
I ran a test the cell phone seemed accurate. This isn't letting me post pics right now for some reason but I can it's in my first journal. Could have been just that specific app but it wasn't exact. It was off by about 15%. I guess technically 15% isn't accurate..

Farside ran that test, and the results weren't pretty for the phone apps.

1 off the list of many.. .if i can get at least one to say its accurate im a happy man. Yep ive seen farsides test and choosing to give it another chance!

Bonus points and virtual high five if u use samsung s8 :)

@780grow
I ran a test the cell phone seemed accurate. This isn't letting me post pics right now for some reason but I can it's in my first journal. Could have been just that specific app but it wasn't exact. It was off by about 15%. I guess technically 15% isn't accurate..

15% of 50k is +- 7.5k is better than 15% of no reading

@780grow hey bro make sure it's the same app I can't speak for them all and I know there's a lot. Like @InTheShed said others have tested and got different results. It's just called Light Meter check out what the icon looks like on my phone:
Winner winner light meter on point

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200311-152022_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20200311-152022_One UI Home.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 30
1457x10 is 14,570 lux, which seems about right for the tent floor. Can you test it in the sun and see what you get? Mine reads between 120,000 and 140,000 depending on the time of year.
Can't do a sun reading for a few days. Started raining yesterday & suppose to rain till Fri. or Sat.

Back
Top Bottom