Pink Runtz Autoflower: Multiple Organic Medium Mixes: Comparing Performance

Brilliant! I will definitely do that! Thanks for the tip! I wonder if some heavy duty cookie cooling racks would work
I did about same thing. I found old shoe rack thing that hangs on wall and cut it also to lift the bags up more it I over water to much and sit them on top of the rocks so air get to the bottom real good.

I'd say you don't need a dome at with a low of 43% for seedlings. Though as you suspected, getting more moisture into the air will be helpful during veg. Right now you're perfect for flower!
Okay awesome!
Vick's Vaporizer is neither, it's actual steam. :) It's basically a heating element submerged in water that boils it and steam comes out of the top.
Mold can develop in any of the humidifiers but not in one that creates steam. That said, raising the RH too high (which ever way it happens) can create an environment suitable for mold.
Cool about the Vicks creating steam, I wonder if it messes with temps at all? Can you speak to this @cjsbabygirl313 ?
Hmmmmm! Makes sense about the ones that the ones that create steam wouldn't develop mold in them. Now I'm second guessing my choice.
Damping off is when sprouts rot at the soil line and die. It's usually a combination of moisture and bacteria in the soil. Once I have a sprout planted I only water around the edge of the solo cup to keep the soil around the stem dry.

Oh okay cool, good to know! Water the edges!... What if I'm directly planting in the pot they'll be growing in? Try for about 1-3" or so away from the stem?

Yeah, go with that one - not only is it cool mist, but its top-fillable AND larger!

Want to keep an eye on temps and humidity, check out the Govee wifi hygrometer - even tracks vpd
Yessss easier time filling, and won't have to fill as often!
Oh man I'm definitely gonna check out that Govee wifi hygrometer. Valentine's Day is coming up, maybe I'll hint at it hahaha

Okay awesome!

Cool about the Vicks creating steam, I wonder if it messes with temps at all? Can you speak to this @cjsbabygirl313 ?
Hmmmmm! Makes sense about the ones that the ones that create steam wouldn't develop mold in them. Now I'm second guessing my choice.

Oh okay cool, good to know! Water the edges!... What if I'm directly planting in the pot they'll be growing in? Try for about 1-3" or so away from the stem?

Yessss easier time filling, and won't have to fill as often!
Oh man I'm definitely gonna check out that Govee wifi hygrometer. Valentine's Day is coming up, maybe I'll hint at it hahaha
I have the Bluetooth one - wish I had gotten the WiFi one instead!

I did about same thing. I found old shoe rack thing that hangs on wall and cut it also to lift the bags up more it I over water to much and sit them on top of the rocks so air get to the bottom real good.
I purchased these from bezos! They're pretty sturdy, will definitely hold my 5gallon pots.

Screenshot_20220126-151852.png

I have the Bluetooth one - wish I had gotten the WiFi one instead!
Yeah my AC infinity fan runs off Bluetooth too, wish it was wifi so I could have access to everything when I'm out. I'm trying to find a free app that does remote access to devices, and then I'll set up a tablet or old phone and connect it to my controller and then remote in through my phone to see it, but most cost money, or only allow you for a limited time.

What if I'm directly planting in the pot they'll be growing in? Try for about 1-3" or so away from the stem?
If you're going to plant in the final pot, the idea will be to water them as if they're in a smaller pot for the first couple of weeks. So you'd water as if it was in a solo cup, then a 1 gallon pot, etc. That way you don't soak the entire pot and drown the roots.

It's important to water enough so the water reaches the bottom, but only in a circle around the plant where the roots are. As the plant grows and fills the soil with roots, the circle gets wider.

If you're going to plant in the final pot, the idea will be to water them as if they're in a smaller pot for the first couple of weeks. So you'd water as if it was in a solo cup, then a 1 gallon pot, etc. That way you don't soak the entire pot and drown the roots.

It's important to water enough so the water reaches the bottom, but only in a circle around the plant where the roots are. As the plant grows and fills the soil with roots, the circle gets wider.
Yeah I was thinking of planting into final pot because they're autoflower and someone on this thread said that they're really fussy about being transplanted. I'm sure I could successfully transplant without disturbing their roots, as I repot fussy plant for a living, but I'm thinking why take the risk of fucking them up if it's not needed.

Yeah I was thinking of planting into final pot because they're autoflower and someone on this thread said that they're really fussy about being transplanted. I'm sure I could successfully transplant without disturbing their roots, as I repot fussy plants all the time for a living, but I'm thinking why take the risk of fucking them up if it's not needed.

I've seen a lot of nice autos transplanted from solo to final, and some more than that. If you're careful not to disturb the roots then they should be okay. But if you're up for the small-plant-big-pot watering technique it's a good thing to learn.
Okay awesome! I'll do some thinking while the seeds are popping. If I do go the cup route, do you suggest clear Solo cups so you can see the roots? Should I put a red cup over the clear cup to protect the roots from light?

This exactly! That's how all my seeds and clones are grown.

Perfect! I may do this then. I have a bunch of cups from last summers vegetable garden. I'll clean em up, disinfect, and use them!

I just wanna say that all of you are wonderful people and I really appreciate all the advice you're all giving me. What a welcoming community, I'm just blown away by it.

Little bit about the Pink Runtz strain I'm growing from @CropKingSeeds website!

"Type: Indica (50%) Sativa (50%)
Genetics Parents: Gelato x Zkittlez
Flowering Period: 7 to 9 weeks
Climate: Warm
Yield: 14 to 16oz/m2 indoor / 18oz/p outdoor
Flavors: hints of berry, sugar, and candy
THC Level: 23 to 25%
CBD Level: low
Height: Average
Harvest Period: Mid October
Growing Difficulty: Easy

The sativa genes in Pink Runtz autoflowering come into play during the vegetative process, so you’ll need to train them to get the best results. Instead of branching out, the strain prefers to grow up. You may teach this hybrid to grow out rather than up with high-stress training. The Sea of Green (SoG) method, in particular, has proved to be the most successful technique for growing this marijuana strain.

Indoors, Pink Runtz marijuana grows well. Flowering takes 7-9 weeks when grown in a sheltered setting. The average yield per square meter is 14-16oz of bud. By mid-October, outdoor farmers in the northern hemisphere should expect to harvest their crops. A yield of around 18oz per plant is expected under ideal conditions."

Super excited to have a puff of this in a few months!

Back
Top Bottom