Pink Runtz Autoflower: Multiple Organic Medium Mixes: Comparing Performance

You could go with a dome, but you have to be really careful not to get damping off. I don't use a humidifier, I just let the seedlings adapt.
I have rh of around 35-40% with lights on. What's yours?
The lowest it's been was 43% with lights on, highest was 55.
Gets to be about 60-65 with lights off, I have my exhaust to switch on at 67 so it never gets higher than that.
I've been reading about VPD and how cannabis plants respond with greater growth when kept between .8 and 1.3 kPa. So I'm trying to find that sweet spot. My AC infinity smart controller shows my VPD in the app, it bounces between .8 and 1.4

@SweetPs This has brought my humidity up around 5% since I put it in last night, but I think I will try a thicker towel as this one is drying out too fast.
Screenshot_20220126-124920_Gallery.jpg

Gets to be about 60-65 with lights off, I have my exhaust to switch on at 67 so it never gets higher than that.
I've been reading about VPD and how cannabis plants respond with greater growth when kept between .8 and 1.3 kPa. So I'm trying to find that sweet spot. My AC infinity smart controller shows my VPD in the app, it bounces between .8 and 1.4
Hmm. I've never tried to grow according to VPD. I wouldn't surprise me if the VPD sweet spot is somewhat strain dependent. Landrace sativas being mainly from the tropics, and indicas from more arid regions. I've seen people recommend Vicks vaporizers to increase humidity, would that work?

Good morning my friends. How's everyones grow going?

I gotta cup of tea in one hand and a doobie in the other! I'd share if we were closer!

So I'm on the market looking for a decent sized humidifier, because I noticed I was struggling heavily with my humidity with the clones. I'm assuming that I should get a cool mist humidifier, and hook it up to my timer for when my lights go on (humidity was perfect with lights off). What do you all think? Any suggestions? Should I get a humidity dome for my seedlings?
@7Dust2 @InTheShed @Bill284 @DonkeyDick @East Coast Marley420 @Melville Hobbes
With light on humidity is good. . Must be up north I don't have worries on humidity basement stay prefect for me.
Seedlings just warm pad or plastic bag spray some water in it. Should be fine
Plastic dome is better tho. They not expensive . I like cheep ways. I stick mine under a zip lock bag inside 20/2 hour like it stay pretty warm in big tent.
But u being humdit problem heat pad and dome is fine. But out heat pad under neat and ur golden . Heat pads are already set to good temp seedling like.

Good morning my friends. How's everyones grow going?

I gotta cup of tea in one hand and a doobie in the other! I'd share if we were closer!

So I'm on the market looking for a decent sized humidifier, because I noticed I was struggling heavily with my humidity with the clones. I'm assuming that I should get a cool mist humidifier, and hook it up to my timer for when my lights go on (humidity was perfect with lights off). What do you all think? Any suggestions? Should I get a humidity dome for my seedlings?
@7Dust2 @InTheShed @Bill284 @DonkeyDick @East Coast Marley420 @Melville Hobbes
Hey @SweetPs I use a dome on clones, not seedlings usually.
If this is a condition you are going to battle on an ongoing basis then I'd get one.
Hook it up as suggested and be done with it. :thumb:
It's important for healthy ladies. 40 is too low.

Stay safe
Bill

Hmm. I've never tried to grow according to VPD. I wouldn't surprise me if the VPD sweet spot is somewhat strain dependent. Landrace sativas being mainly from the tropics, and indicas from more arid regions. I've seen people recommend Vicks vaporizers to increase humidity, would that work?
The Vicks vaporizer works for me! (MOST of the time anyway)

@SweetPs This has brought my humidity up around 5% since I put it in last night, but I think I will try a thicker towel as this one is drying out too fast.
Screenshot_20220126-124920_Gallery.jpg

I did try something similar to that, I have the end of an old t-shirt in a bucket of water and it laying across my racks it stays half damp. I think the dry electric heat in the house and the heat pump are major contributing factors.

With light on humidity is good. . Must be up north I don't have worries on humidity basement stay prefect for me.
Seedlings just warm pad or plastic bag spray some water in it. Should be fine
Plastic dome is better tho. They not expensive . I like cheep ways. I stick mine under a zip lock bag inside 20/2 hour like it stay pretty warm in big tent.
But u being humdit problem heat pad and dome is fine. But out heat pad under neat and ur golden . Heat pads are already set to good temp seedling like.

I'm east coast of Canada! It's dry right now because of winter.
Crop King seeds don't honour their gaurantee unless you follow their specific germination directions, so I can't use a heating pad.
Screenshot_20220126-134115.png

Hey @SweetPs I use a dome on clones, not seedlings usually.
If this is a condition you are going to battle on an ongoing basis then I'd get one.
Hook it up as suggested and be done with it. :thumb:
It's important for healthy ladies. 40 is too low.

Stay safe
Bill
Yeah I think it'll be worth it. Less headache. I do have a VERY small one in there now but I'm not happy with the RH at all. In fact it's causing me to stress and to constantly look at the app. Lol.

I also turned the heat down in the room to about 10 degree (celsius! 50 degree Fahrenheit). As it's connected to another room that has the heat on at 18. My temps were staying at peak level of 26 (78.8) and kept cycling the exhaust on every few minutes. So dropped the heat in the room, opened the window for a few minutes, which dropped the RH, then I battled with getting the RH up again . It was a freakin stressful haha

Most likely very strain dependant, I'm growing a 50/50 hybrid though now. Best of both worlds! Could be a challenge as well.

The Vicks vaporizer works for me! (MOST of the time anyway)
Is it a cool mist humidifier?

It's just a water vaporizer, that you don't put the Vicks cartridge into. I'm just not sure if they're cool mist or warm mist
Oh you saying the machine thingy. I was thinking of jar of vick rub that u rub on someone chest when sick. . I got ya

Oh you saying the machine thingy. I was thinking of jar of vick rub that u rub on someone chest when sick. . I got ya
Hahah yeah that machine thingy. Lol I can't lie, I thought the same thing at first and then I remembered seeing a commercial for their vaporizer lol

I knew that's what you were thinking.
I did at first. :rofl:

Stay safe
Bill

So your VPD is in the target zone? That’s good!

but I'm not happy with the RH at all. In fact it's causing me to stress

:straightface:

I also turned the heat down in the room to about 10 degree (celsius! 50 degree Fahrenheit). As it's connected to another room that has the heat on at 18

You did what? 18 is better than 10. Your tent at 25 was probably ideal.

It was a freakin stressful

And to read. :high-five:

Set and forget. That’s the trick. Having a decent stash for a buffer makes a difference. It took us all a couple of harvests to let things go a little.

Vicks how that work .
Fill it up, plug it in, turn it on ;) … if set on low it will emit moisture for about 24 hours … if set on high only about 12-18 hours.

I did try something similar to that, I have the end of an old t-shirt in a bucket of water and it laying across my racks it stays half damp. I think the dry electric heat in the house and the heat pump are major contributing factors.

I'm east coast of Canada! It's dry right now because of winter.
Crop King seeds don't honour their gaurantee unless you follow their specific germination directions, so I can't use a heating pad.
Screenshot_20220126-134115.png

Yeah I think it'll be worth it. Less headache. I do have a VERY small one in there now but I'm not happy with the RH at all. In fact it's causing me to stress and to constantly look at the app. Lol.

I also turned the heat down in the room to about 10 degree (celsius! 50 degree Fahrenheit). As it's connected to another room that has the heat on at 18. My temps were staying at peak level of 26 (78.8) and kept cycling the exhaust on every few minutes. So dropped the heat in the room, opened the window for a few minutes, which dropped the RH, then I battled with getting the RH up again . It was a freakin stressful haha

Most likely very strain dependant, I'm growing a 50/50 hybrid though now. Best of both worlds! Could be a challenge as well.

Is it a cool mist humidifier?
I think mine’s the warm mist one - but either should work

So your VPD is in the target zone? That’s good!
Yeah for the most part, when the lights go on it gets to about 1.4/1.5, ideally .8-1.3 is what I've been reading is ideal. Lower end is better.
You did what? 18 is better than 10. Your tent at 25 was probably ideal.
The room stays warm because it's connected to our lounge room which is at 18.
It hasn't dropped below 22 in the tent, even with the lights off.
And to read. :high-five:

Set and forget. That’s the trick. Having a decent stash for a buffer makes a difference. It took us all a couple of harvests to let things go a little.
Bahaha it was stressing me out typing it!
And I always have a stash of good bud!
I think mine’s the warm mist one - but either should work
Okay cool. I was reading something about an increase risk of mold with the warm mist humidifiers.

I think I'm going to go with this bad boy!
Screenshot_20220126-141418.png
Screenshot_20220126-141439.png

Then I can watch my humidity while I'm at work. Hahaha am I obsessing? I think so, but I like it! Lol

I'd say you don't need a dome at with a low of 43% for seedlings. Though as you suspected, getting more moisture into the air will be helpful during veg. Right now you're perfect for flower!
It's just a water vaporizer, that you don't put the Vicks cartridge into. I'm just not sure if they're cool mist or warm mist
Vick's Vaporizer is neither, it's actual steam. :) It's basically a heating element submerged in water that boils it and steam comes out of the top.
I was reading something about an increase risk of mold with the warm mist humidifiers.
Mold can develop in any of the humidifiers but not in one that creates steam. That said, raising the RH too high (which ever way it happens) can create an environment suitable for mold.
What is damping off? Not familiar with this term at all.
Damping off is when sprouts rot at the soil line and die. It's usually a combination of moisture and bacteria in the soil. Once I have a sprout planted I only water around the edge of the solo cup to keep the soil around the stem dry.

Yeah for the most part, when the lights go on it gets to about 1.4/1.5, ideally .8-1.3 is what I've been reading is ideal. Lower end is better.

The room stays warm because it's connected to our lounge room which is at 18.
It hasn't dropped below 22 in the tent, even with the lights off.

Bahaha it was stressing me out typing it!
And I always have a stash of good bud!

Okay cool. I was reading something about an increase risk of mold with the warm mist humidifiers.

I think I'm going to go with this bad boy!
Screenshot_20220126-141418.png
Screenshot_20220126-141439.png

Then I can watch my humidity while I'm at work. Hahaha am I obsessing? I think so, but I like it! Lol
Yeah, go with that one - not only is it cool mist, but its top-fillable AND larger!

Want to keep an eye on temps and humidity, check out the Govee wifi hygrometer - even tracks vpd!

Back
Top Bottom