Pink Runtz Autoflower: Multiple Organic Medium Mixes: Comparing Performance

Do you have any of the old State Farm guys out there? I think they were bought by Certas.
We do! I just told my partner.
We'll get it figured out.

I went out and got a 10lb fire extinguisher, fire alarms, smaller zip ties, and then velcro strap ties that I'll probably use for lst. I think they'll stick to my fabric pots!

Good deal. .
Yeah! Also made some headway on insurance. Hopefully that'll happen soon.
In the meantime I've come up with my 4 different mediums.

*Using 1 cup dry measure will equal approximately 2.6 gallons of soil

Mix 1
15 parts peat
7.5 parts coir
7.5 parts compost
7.5 parts perlite
2.5 parts worm castings
2.5 parts pumice
8tbs Gaia Green all-purpose

Mix 2
15 parts peat
7.5 parts coir
7.5 parts compost
7.5 parts perlite
2.5 parts worm castings
2.5 parts pine bark chips
8 tbs Gaia Green power bloom

Mix 3
15 parts coir
7.5 parts peat
7 parts compost
7.5 parts perlite
3 parts worm castings
2.5 parts pumice
8tbs Gaia Green Power bloom

Mix 4
15 parts coir
7.5 parts peat
7 parts sea compost
7.5 parts perlite
3 parts worm castings
2.5 parts pumice
½ cup Dried banana peel & egg shell powder

I will be inoculating all mixes with mycorrhizae once seedling is established. Thought out the grow I'll be using diluted unsulfured black strap molasses, Epsom salt, boiled banana peel water and water from boiled eggs as needed.

I’m using four 5 gallon cloth pots, with each of the above mixtures. I will make a well in the middle of the soil and place a layer of Holland Basics Seed Starting mix (Premium Refined Bat Guano, Organically Fed Earthworm Casting, Perlite, Dolomite for pH balance and various strains of Bacillus and Mycorrhizae for assisting explosive root growth) and a layer on top of that of well rinsed coco coir for the popped seed to be placed into.

Mixing them up tonight, and will sit in bags until I'm ready to plant.

Yeah! Also made some headway on insurance. Hopefully that'll happen soon.
In the meantime I've come up with my 4 different mediums.

*Using 1 cup dry measure will equal approximately 2.6 gallons of soil

Mix 1
15 parts peat
7.5 parts coir
7.5 parts compost
7.5 parts perlite
2.5 parts worm castings
2.5 parts pumice

Mix 2
15 parts peat
7.5 parts coir
7.5 parts compost
7.5 parts perlite
2.5 parts worm castings
2.5 parts pine bark chips
8 tbs Gaia Green power bloom

Mix 3
15 parts coir
7.5 parts peat
7 parts compost
7.5 parts perlite
3 parts worm castings
2.5 parts pumice
8tbs Gaia Green Power bloom

Mix 4
15 parts coir
7.5 parts peat
7 parts sea compost
7.5 parts perlite
3 parts worm castings
2.5 parts pumice
½ cup Dried banana peel & egg shell powder

I will be inoculating all mixes with mycorrhizae once seedling is established. Thought out the grow I'll be using diluted unsulfured black strap molasses, Epsom salt, boiled banana peel water and water from boiled eggs as needed.

I’m using four 5 gallon cloth pots, with each of the above mixtures. I will make a well in the middle of the soil and place a layer of Holland Basics Seed Starting mix (Premium Refined Bat Guano, Organically Fed Earthworm Casting, Perlite, Dolomite for pH balance and various strains of Bacillus and Mycorrhizae for assisting explosive root growth) and a layer on top of that of well rinsed coco coir for the popped seed to be placed into.

Mixing them up tonight, and will sit in bags until I'm ready to plant.
Just out of curiosity, why are you using 4 different mixes? Wouldn't that complicate things unnecessarily?

Because it's a comparative grow! I just want to play around and see which plant does best in which mix. Just to have some fun!
Aaahhhh “I see” said the blind man to his deaf wife.

I think it's going to be fun watching you "play around," @SweetPs!

Those coir-based substrates will have to boiling a lot of eggs and bananas to keep up! :Rasta:

I think it's going to be fun watching you "play around," @SweetPs!

Those coir-based substrates will have to boiling a lot of eggs and bananas to keep up! :Rasta:
We'll see! It's pre-buffered so it shouldn't be that bad. My outdoor coco plants did well, only needing two banana peels and 4 boiled eggs evey other week. Mycorrhizae helps a lot.

I think out of the coco coir mixes the one with the dehydrated banana peel & eggshell powder is going to do the best(mix 4). Out of the peat mixes, it's a hard guess. But I'm gonna go with mix 2, with the fir bark fines and power bloom.

I think I'll end up top dressing Mix 2 and Mix 3 with Gaia Green all purpose during veg. I'm just excited to play around lol

We'll see! It's pre-buffered so it shouldn't be that bad. My outdoor coco plants did well, only needing two banana peels and 4 boiled eggs evey other week. Mycorrhizae helps a lot.

I think out of the coco coir mixes the one with the dehydrated banana peel & eggshell powder is going to do the best(mix 4). Out of the peat mixes, it's a hard guess. But I'm gonna go with mix 2, with the fir bark fines and power bloom.

I think I'll end up top dressing Mix 2 and Mix 3 with Gaia Green all purpose during veg. I'm just excited to play around lol
Do you make your own eggshell powder, I toast mine on the BBQ outside from stinking up the house and grind up what I need in a coffee, now eggshell grinder.
Screenshot_20220114-113443_Gallery.jpg

Do you make your own eggshell powder, I toast mine on the BBQ outside from stinking up the house and grind up what I need in a coffee, now eggshell grinder.

Yes I do! Bake at 250ish for an hour or so to kill any bad bacteria and then into a food processor. Then for my banana peel, I cut them up into small pieces and put em in a food dehydrator until brittle and they go into the food processor (don't do the stems... I learned the hard way and broke a processor). Then just store in a cool dry place! Good idea on the barbecue!

I like the banana peel idea
Yeah! And you can usually find the brown bananas at the grocery store for cheap and use the skins to dehydrate and then make banana bread and muffins and whatever else you can think of (pancakes are good too!) Bonus points if the baked goods are medicated

Never thought about that. Good for calcium. Have to do that myself. Since I just bought some cal.mag for 18 bucks

Back
Top Bottom