Pink Runtz Autoflower: Multiple Organic Medium Mixes: Comparing Performance

Maybe I can convince my partner to put up a bat box this year for me. And collect my own lol
My buddy did a renovation a few years ago and found a pile in the attic, scooped it up and got a sobeys bag full, I know you will know what I mean by sobeys bag full, east coaster :rofl:
I'll have to hit him up for some lol

My buddy did a renovation a few years ago and found a pile in the attic, scooped it up and got a sobeys bag full, I know you will know what I mean by sobeys bag full, east coaster :rofl:
We've had Sobey's here in Ontario for a long time now. My sister worked in one in the 90s.
I saw someone using one of those bags to grow a plant, lol.

Hahahaha oh I definitely know Sobeys bags! They were the best til they banned em.
We've had Sobey's here in Ontario for a long time now. My sister worked in one in the 90s.
I saw someone using one of those bags to grow a plant, lol.
A plant in a bag, now that's innovation! hahahaah

Starting my first ever indoor grow so far what I have set up is:

Hydro Shoot 120 tent (4x4)
Mars Ts3000 LED lighting
AC infinity t6 cloudline & smart controller*

*I'm having some difficulty setting this up any tips would be appreciated

Will be purchasing:
2 oscillating fans

I plan on making my own organic mediums, that are coco coir based. I have a lot of different materials on hand, so I figured I'd try a couple different mixes and see what does best.

My first mix will be:

1 part coco coir
1 part perlite
1 part worm castings
Gaia Green power bloom (as per directions for potted plants)

Second mix:
1 part coco coir
1 part perlite
1part worm castings
1 part pine bark
1/2 part SeaCompost
Gaia Green all purpose
Great white mycorrhizae

I haven't decided what I'm going to try with the third or fourth mix, I may get some Promix Mycorrhizae and amend that? Any suggestions on what to add or take away, or replace on my first two mixes, or recommendations for another mix would be greatly appreciated!

Also, indoor growing, what size pots should I be using? 3 gallon? Or is 5 better?

You can watch me awkwardly set up my tent by myself on YouTube, I'm just uploading the videos now, so will post the links after they're done.

Didn't video setting up my inline fan, but will post pictures by the end of the week!
Very nice setup for a first indoor grow.

Hahahaha oh I definitely know Sobeys bags! They were the best til they banned em.

A plant in a bag, now that's innovation! hahahaah
Definitely used one at some point last year...it was a Real Canadian Superstore bag though, worked great!

Alright, so I'm playing with my fans today! So far so good. I finally wrapped my tiny brain around the controller, and have it set at a fan speed of 3 when it's "off" and will run at speed 8 when it goes above 27 degrees (celsius). It's also set to go off when humidity reaches above 67rh. I gotta say, even at 3 I can notice the walls being sucked in slightly, at 8 it's definitely sucking in the walls, but I think everything is good, like it's not an extreme amount. I think I might shut myself into the tent and see how it is in the inside running at speed 8.
Now, I know babies and in veg they can handle and require a higher humidity, I can't seem to get the humidity above a 53, it's winter here so it's really dry. So far I've placed a bowl of water in the tent, to see if that helps, anyone got any tips besides adding a humidifier? I do have a little one I could set up, but I'm worried about power cords and fires and the less amount of wires would be best.

Maybe if I set up the humidifier on the outside of the tent where it pulls the air in from? Or maybe more bowls of water?

Alright, so I'm playing with my fans today! So far so good. I finally wrapped my tiny brain around the controller, and have it set at a fan speed of 3 when it's "off" and will run at speed 8 when it goes above 27 degrees (celsius). It's also set to go off when humidity reaches above 67rh. I gotta say, even at 3 I can notice the walls being sucked in slightly, at 8 it's definitely sucking in the walls, but I think everything is good, like it's not an extreme amount. I think I might shut myself into the tent and see how it is in the inside running at speed 8.
Now, I know babies and in veg they can handle and require a higher humidity, I can't seem to get the humidity above a 53, it's winter here so it's really dry. So far I've placed a bowl of water in the tent, to see if that helps, anyone got any tips besides adding a humidifier? I do have a little one I could set up, but I'm worried about power cords and fires and the less amount of wires would be best.

Maybe if I set up the humidifier on the outside of the tent where it pulls the air in from? Or maybe more bowls of water?
Maybe a bucket of water with a towel hanging from a string over it, just touching the water to keep it damp, just a thought.

@Bill284
Maybe a bucket of water with a towel hanging from a string over it, just touching the water to keep it damp, just a thought.
Okay!

Here's a pic of the set up tent, with some houseplants getting some rays! I have my fan pointed somewhat downward at the back corner, all the leaves are dancing, from top to bottom.
20220109_140358.jpg

@Bill284

Okay!

Here's a pic of the set up tent, with some houseplants getting some rays! I have my fan pointed somewhat downward at the back corner, all the leaves are dancing, from top to bottom.
20220109_140358.jpg
I've been lucky so far my humidity stays up, I have a dehumidifier to control it if it gets too high

I've been lucky so far my humidity stays up, I have a dehumidifier to control it if it gets too high
Lucky! I have my grow room on the top floor, so I think it's the electric heat that's making it so dry. I'm going to turn the heat off in that room and see if it helps, most likely will

@Bill284

Okay!

20220109_140358.jpg
Good afternoon @SweetPs Hope you are well my friend.
:Namaste: Your cords are not very safe looking. :eek::Namaste:
Hehe I just got your 2nd message.

Stay safe
Bill

@Bill284
Blue cord is getting replaced. And this is the timer power bar I have. Good specs?
And I'm not sure about the driver cords for my light, should I zip tie them higher above my light?
20220109_144215.jpg
20220109_144335.jpg
20220109_144540.jpg
No you don't want anything above your light.
Put any access at the other end.

Stay safe
Bill

I have two thoughts! Regarding the tent walls being sucked in, you can add an intake fan that will blow air into the tent to compensate for the air being sucked out. If smell-control isn't an issue, turn the fan around blow air into the tent. This has the advantage of making the tent bigger by blowing the walls out!

In terms of humidity, if your tent is in a closed room I would add a humidifier or Vick's Vaporizer outside the tent and let the fans pull the humidity into the tent. A towel mounded into a bowl of water in the tent with a fan pointed at it should help too.

Back
Top Bottom