PK Perpetual Grow Journal 2020

i've noticed the pots getting dry every other day. i pick up the pot and its dry under neat. i dig a bit and its dry. I letterly feed them two days a go and dranged them with water. The side of the pots were all wet and the i let the fiber pot sit in the run off for 30 min or so. today its all bone dry again.
i've got a heater and humidifier in the same room to keep the levels right.
humidifier is far off from the plants and tent but in the same room and i've been able to keep the humidity in the tent around 35% to 45%. Low/high temps are around 75f/80f. night times does get cold but that the best the heater can do. lol! these mystery girls sure are mysterious!!

def-chart.jpg.png

I came across this picture while i was searching around and thought it could be a good addition to the tent. So, i printed one and kept it close to the tent and noticed that I might be having phosphorus deficiency with one of the plants? What do you guys think of the two pictures. is that a deficiency?

2020-11-06 14.22.07.jpg
2020-11-03 10.39.56.jpg
I get that coloration from the plant getting really cold at night. Probably nothing to worry about.

2020-11-11 08.38.06.jpg
so this pot drys quickly only because of the amount of holes that it has and this is the one with the purple leaves and cola buds are getting purple looking.

Run off:
PH 5.6
130x10 ppm
2020-11-11 08.38.14.jpg
This fiber pot also dries quicker now. On another note i just watered them using the fish tank water and adding 4grams of MC added. the runoff was ph5.6 with 140x10 ppm

I think i'm going to use my fish tank water from now on to water up the plants.

Lots of bacteria in a fish tank that could rot roots
my tank consist of live plants. UV light and fish safe fertilizers. i think on page 40 i've explained the fertilizers.
Would that still cause issues? Currently the res water which was from the tank is four days old and no sign of algae. I also wash the res very well before filling it up with fish tank water.

my tank consist of live plants. UV light and fish safe fertilizers. i think on page 40 i've explained the fertilizers.
Would that still cause issues? Currently the res water which was from the tank is four days old and no sign of algae. I also wash the res very well before filling it up with fish tank water.
Like Pennywise said just be careful if you’ve never added that before. I’ve had something as simple as clean rain water (collected from my rain gutter) cause root rot issues when the conditions are right. I also grew a plant entirely in pond water an barely had a problem until the end where I lost a branch to pithium mold (water born mold) from that water.

Like Pennywise said just be careful if you’ve never added that before. I’ve had something as simple as clean rain water (collected from my rain gutter) cause root rot issues when the conditions are right. I also grew a plant entirely in pond water an barely had a problem until the end where I lost a branch to pithium mold (water born mold) from that water.
thank you for bringing it to my attention. I'll keep watch. The only thing i notice the a brown residue which i think its because of the nutrients. This used to happen on my first try when i did dwc.

i forgot to mention that a couple drops of hydroperoxide in the res water always fixes the alage, bacteria build or molds.

Mystery girl in flower coming to the end of week 5
2020-11-12 06.38.29.jpg
2020-11-12 06.36.28.jpg
2020-11-12 06.36.59.jpg
2020-11-12 06.35.08.jpg
2020-11-12 06.35.29.jpg
2020-11-12 06.34.25.jpg
2020-11-12 06.34.41.jpg
2020-11-12 06.36.40.jpg
2020-11-12 06.35.29.jpg

Gorilla Clones in DWC using
2020-11-12 06.41.58.jpg
DANG IT! i found a flow on the right res system.
There was no water getting to clay pibbles and the mystery clone never rooted and got a dried stem

So, i throw that out and replaced it with a Gorilla glue that was in wool cube and was rooted.

I did take the wool cube off and just planted it deep down where more water was available.

this morning ph was at 7.07 and adjusted to 5.82
ppm was at 300 and is dropped to 272
the water level has also gone slightly down
I'd say so far things are going well. The left gg is also getting her colours back.

Gorilla Clones in DWC using
2020-11-12 06.41.58.jpg
DANG IT! i found a flow on the right res system.
There was no water getting to clay pibbles and the mystery clone never rooted and got a dried stem

So, i throw that out and replaced it with a Gorilla glue that was in wool cube and was rooted.

I did take the wool cube off and just planted it deep down where more water was available.

this morning ph was at 7.07 and adjusted to 5.82
ppm was at 300 and is dropped to 272
the water level has also gone slightly down
I'd say so far things are going well. The left gg is also getting her colours back.
|Yeah I'm not fan of Rockwool, it's got it's uses, but I try to avoid it. So long as the root is touching the wet pebbles, she'll find her way to more water.

If you go the cloning route long term, maybe a cloner would be a good investment. i like the one that Weaselcracker has. It's just a foam, with a cut slit that holds the stems. The bottom of the stem gets sprayed from an airstone and helps root development. If I ever get into photos- this is how I plan to do my clones.

You can keep using the rockwool cubes, and take them apart as you did, just be careful on the roots, it's easy to tear them when taking them out of the cube (I've done it myself).

Things are looking great, I'm kinda jealous there buddy!

|Yeah I'm not fan of Rockwool, it's got it's uses, but I try to avoid it. So long as the root is touching the wet pebbles, she'll find her way to more water.

If you go the cloning route long term, maybe a cloner would be a good investment. i like the one that Weaselcracker has. It's just a foam, with a cut slit that holds the stems. The bottom of the stem gets sprayed from an airstone and helps root development. If I ever get into photos- this is how I plan to do my clones.

You can keep using the rockwool cubes, and take them apart as you did, just be careful on the roots, it's easy to tear them when taking them out of the cube (I've done it myself).

Things are looking great, I'm kinda jealous there buddy!
when i purchased the tent it came with a pack of cube wool. I am just trying to use them so i can get it out of my storage area. They do work good for holding the clones and makes watering easy but someone told me that the ph does play around in those wools and i don't like how it holds so much water when the pumps are running constantly.
so i agree with you. My plan is to use small rocks that can be reused and reused with a bit of washing.

There is some debate on some of the newer cubes not needing to be presoaked (PH 5.5) but I still do. I've never had issues when using it that it caused ph swings....shouldn't happen if it was presoaked in 5.5. The cube is only in play till roots show, then it gets placed in rocks/hydroton...the roots should seek water deeper in the rocks, leaving the cube to dry out.
I only dislike them cause they retain water a bit too well...can dampen the roots or cause rot.

One trick if your using them in trays for propagation is to sit them in the tray with a few pebbles on the bottom underneath them. (I'll show a quick pic below)

I made the mistake of planning to use them when I setup- I ordered over 100 of them. My veggie garden gets them now lol.

20201112_115449.jpg

Back
Top Bottom