Poor, CFL, Stealth, Maybe a Little Luck?

This is day 8 a couple hours before lights out. She seems to like her 30watt 6500k light.
8days_night_.JPG

Dude I can tell that is gonna be a hardy plant. Now if you are watching the humidity, if it isn't too dry in your room, you wont need the plastic over the cup very long. I waited until the next set of leaves showed then i gave them constant air. You might wanna look into Hazeseekers suggestion. That cup isn't going to be able to sustain the roots very long. They will grow quickly.
Looking great. You wont be able to hide that forever without spending a little bit of money.

Keep up the good work!!!!

Musik \\\vVv///

So should the soil be wet, normal or dry when I transplant? I don't want it to collapse in my hand :whoa:

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I think it needs to be fairly dry. But if there are a lot of roots, then it really doesn't matter. ;) When I killed my male plant last week, I had just drenched the medium. I squeezed around the edges of the container, turned it upside down and slid the entire contents of the container into my hand... I had to rip the roots apart in order to be able to see the taproot. Well, here's a couple of pics...

rootMass-01.JPG

rootMass-02.JPG

It was drenched, after I took this pic I squeezed water out of it like a sponge. :smokin:

I was just reading that cannabis needs about 1/2 gallon of soil for every 1 foot of plant height. I dunno, thought it might give you an idea of when they may need to be transplanted... :smokin:

I was just reading that cannabis needs about 1/2 gallon of soil for every 1 foot of plant height. I dunno, thought it might give you an idea of when they may need to be transplanted... :smokin:
Using that logic I can wait until the plants get to be 3 inches tall before I transplant.
This plant is 4 days old now. When the seed came off it left behind a clear inner skin on the plant. The skin was causing the cotyledon to be stuck together, I was going to leave it alone and let the plant wrestle out of it but then I saw the first true leaves squeezing out the mess. I decided to very carefully pry off the clear-shell-skin-thing with tweezers and I think the plant is glad I did so.
A few hours after I pulled off the skin-stuff
plant_2_fivedays_morning_.JPG

Now
plant_2_fivedays_night_.JPG

My big girl is 9 days old now! Here's what she looks like.
9_days.JPG

Hmmmmm.... at 3 inches??? I could be wrong but I think that they are still small for a transplant then.... Wouldn't that stress the plant without a nice big root system.... I know that clones didn't get root bound in those cups at all... they were in there for a total of about 20 days.... one was getting there but the other wasn't even close... You might want to wait alittle longer then 3 inches tall... I'm not an expert but maybe one has something to say about it...

you are a good 2 weeks away from transplanting bro! she's barely got anything cept a tap root at this point, just let her be for a while, u'll know when it's time to transplant. and btw make sure u haven't watered for a few days b4 u transplant to let ur soil dry up, it makes things so much easier :ganjamon:

Good to know about the transplanting, thanks!
Here's what I woke up to this morning. The leaf on the left was touching the side of the cup so I cut away a bit of the cup. The cotyledon have finally been overtaken :D Oh and I named them after my grandmothers, Elsie and Marie.
Elsie 10days morning
10days_morning2_.JPG

Marie 5days morning
plant_2_fivedays_morning_1.JPG

I found a very small ant like bug (no idea how it got there, hitchhiked in the soil?) and after examining it I decided to let it live on, it may be beneficial I suppose. Elsie hasn't had any problems so far.

lol, any time I see an unknown bug near one of my plants I kill it. I figure, better safe than sorry... ;) Left unchecked, some insect pest can do real damage, or cause a major problem in little to no time. I only consider a bug to be beneficial if I put in the garden myself, on purpose (i.e. - lady bugs) or if I know for sure what it is... :grinjoint:

Here's my morning update. They both have wonderful growth, it's so cool that an entire plant comes from that little seed. Anyway, here's elsie on day 11 in the morning.
11days_morning_.JPG

And here's Marie on day 6 in the morning. She may be overshadowed by Elsie right now but if you look back at Elsie on day 6 Marie is outgrowing her by a longshot!
day6_morning_.JPG

Edit: Here's a picture of the grow box, it's changed a little. The plants are sitting on the pots (overturned) that they will be using as their permanent home. The pots are 10 inches tall. I moved the 12v power supply from the bottom to the top side of the box, so now the bottom is all clear for the plants. I'm using a 6500k light on Elsie and a 4100k full spectrum on Marie. Marie is growing very quickly in contrast to Elsie; maybe it could be the light? That is the only difference the plants have (remember they were planted 5 days appart).
BTW when the lid is closed the lights hang about 3 inches above the plants
box17.JPG

I need yalls opinions on something. I have been keeping an 18/6 light schedule and planned on vegging for 1 month, after which I would switch to flowering and start using nutes. I'm going to only be able to grow the plants about 19" tall due to the size of the box. Should I stick with my plan and LST the plants so they don't get tall OR should I start 12/12 now and let the plants grow o' natural?

^ Imo i'd build a bigger box, even a 12/12 grow from SEED can end up being taller than 19", my Becky, the bubblegum plant I just chopped was vegged for 6 days and ended up at 23" tall.

I'll stick w/ my original plan and LST then, thanks for yall's input!
BTW the only reason that I'm not going to build a bigger box is because I don't have anymore paper boxes to add. :smokin: I'm loving using cardbord though, it's so easy to customize.

I agree, LST is defiantly the way to go... :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom