PotChimp's Side Projects

Thanks Buckshot good to see you around :) Here's a pic of my Chem D v1.1 mother reject, starting to get weird with the colors:

0042872.JPG
0052678.JPG

I gotta find me a bamboo stake and get a few of these branches back up. It still has white hairs coming out:

0062380.JPG

See those serrated leaf edges curling upward? This Jack the Ripper plant was super dry; I can't believe I didn't notice last night when I checked:

0081997.JPG

gotta watch that $hit..... :straightface:

I was talking about me! ;)
I've been sitting in this chair posting so long there's probably some growing in my pits! :tokin:

:lot-o-toke:OMGodChimp you made me fall off me seat :rofl::rofl::rofl::ciao:But seriously my daughter things ive gone strange now:smokin:she just shot me one of them looks :welldone:the mold could be used as a Microhaze:volcano-smiley:have an good day my primate Pal
:420:

Thanks man. I'm getting ready to start a new grow, and as usual I thought it out and decided to go with some older seeds. I'm gonna go with (2) Pineapple Express, (2) Confidential Cheese, (1) Exodus Cheese, (1) Holy Grail Kush, and (1) Liberty Haze; all fem. All of them (except the HGK and LH) are the oldest seeds I have; at least of the ones I want to use. I may get the seeds started today. :tokin:

Potchimp I was referred to you and was wondering if you could help. I am a outdooer and I have never fought botrytis til last year. I barely made it out alive. This year fuck that shit. Growing plants is not new neither is botrytis. There has to be a way to prevent it. I have heard of sulfur but I'm not putting sulfur on anything til I know for sure. What are your thoughts?

Potchimp I was referred to you and was wondering if you could help. I am a outdooer and I have never fought botrytis til last year. I barely made it out alive. This year fuck that shit. Growing plants is not new neither is botrytis. There has to be a way to prevent it. I have heard of sulfur but I'm not putting sulfur on anything til I know for sure. What are your thoughts?

I've only grown indoors and I've used something called a sulfur evaporator, which hangs inside a tent or room and heats chips of sulfur into a vapor. The vapor is supposed to suppress the mold spores and between that and keeping the humidity down and airflow up I manage to keep it under control. I don't like using anything chem directly onto the plant or buds either. Good luck with things.

Hey Spaceman bud rot is never fun to deal with. The best advice I have heard was from a local grow shop where the guy told me to cycle through at least 3 products throughout the season. The first being serenade which is supposed to be a beneficial fungus. From what he said molds and funguses cannot grow where another one is already occupying space so he uses this first. He then recommended using neem oil and then a product called green cure. He said to spray one of the 3 every week or two throughout the plants life cycling them as you did so. I am yet to do it or see how it works but his logic seemed sound and it seems to make sense. I have seen green cure drastically reduce PM and neem oil is widely used as a preventive. Good luck :thumb:

I'm interested in seeing how the cheese and kush grow works out. Are you going to start a new journal for them? I am interested in the liberty haze though it is probably something I will never grow. Most hazey strains kick my ass and end up looking like your Thai stick. I did a cannalope haze that is supposed to flower in 8 weeks and I took mine at 16 and it still could have gone longer if it had been healthy.

I think I'm going to keep them all in this journal; it makes things easier to keep track of.

Nice I will be on th look out for them. I will be interested in seeing how that pineapple express does for you. I grew out a pineapple express x black Alaskan one year and one turned into a little shrub that was so thick you couldn't see through it and the other looked like a 2.5 foot tall palm tree of nugs. They both yielded well for being small plants.

Nice I will be on th look out for them. I will be interested in seeing how that pineapple express does for you. I grew out a pineapple express x black Alaskan one year and one turned into a little shrub that was so thick you couldn't see through it and the other looked like a 2.5 foot tall palm tree of nugs. They both yielded well for being small plants.

I've grown Pineapple Express before. I was a beginner and didn't do too bad with it so I should do okay now that I have better setups. All seven of these plants I started have around the same flowering time (8-9 weeks).

Both of these Apollo 13 f2 plants have different structure. The branches are long and grow away from the main stem on this more Sativa looking one:

0033084.JPG

This other Apollo 13 f2 is growing just like my Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1 plant; the branches cluster to the main stem at the bottom and the longer branching stops about halfway up the plant:

0042879.JPG

One bushy Jack the Ripper plant:

0062387.JPG

It's looking better than the one I grew under the 400 watt HPS. It seems to be a light green normally, so I think I'm going to use Happy Frog Bulb Food for the final top dressing instead of the Fruit & Flower mix (less N):

0072222.JPG

I've only grown indoors and I've used something called a sulfur evaporator, which hangs inside a tent or room and heats chips of sulfur into a vapor. The vapor is supposed to suppress the mold spores and between that and keeping the humidity down and airflow up I manage to keep it under control. I don't like using anything chem directly onto the plant or buds either. Good luck with things.

The place I shop lately sells a 'sulphur burner' which is obviously the same thing you used.
Did you get the feeling that it worked for you? I'm pretty sure I asked you this already one time and thought you kinda said yes- but I don't see you using it much anymore. Understandable I guess when you think about the idea of mixing burning sulphur with- the precious buds.

It worked, but the problem was that I had little to no airflow in my tents and the mold kept recurring a few weeks later. Since I decided to avoid hybrids that are mold prone at certain times (Spring is the worst), I've only had traces of grey mold and haven't had to use the burner.

you always got some frosty buds Brotha your
just one of those guys that just keep rolling it out :thumb:
I just started flushing my gdp if its anything like the little one I grew in the cup itll be some stoney ass shit :thumb:
hoping to see more color out of it before I chop it tho
kinda cleaned up some fans today since I started the flush I just pre trim the fans cause if not it takes me all night to trim a plant
unlike my outdoor plants which I'm just about done chopping over the past month
only got a bit of tundra left maybe 3-4 oz on the plant still little soft but I'm gonna hack it tomorrow and just use it for concentrate or tincture or something :thumb:
but I also got me male flowers on my gdp clone fem seed project and its looking good :thumb:
catch ya later Brotha Have a Great Weekend :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom