PotChimp's Side Projects

Goofy name, right? And it's Mean Well, not Meanwell. Two words. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I have yet to hear of one failing. When I first wired up my rig, it wouldn't light - nada. After some searching I realized that I had wired some DC backwards. The driver wasn't a bit fazed. When I got it right, it lit up. Another time, I turned off the fan and forgot, and when I opened the room, 3 of 4 drivers were off and the temp was 100+. When the breeze hit the room, one driver relit immediately and the others came back a few minutes later. I know another guy who crossed his AC on a big honkin' 600 watter.. He thought it was dead, but it came back the next day like nothing had happened.

:cheesygrinsmiley:

Very well protected.

I'm running 3 of the mean well drivers. One in veg and 2 in bloom. I'm lighting a 4' x 8' x 71" bloom tent with 2 - 320 watt r spec fixtures. Doing good with that small amount of wattage in that large of a tent. My tent is goofy shaped but it's perfect for my fixtures at 3' each

I have had one fail and had to order a new one to replace it. Was without one of my panels for a bit while waiting for it. i am not sure what happened it just stopped working one day. I thought my pot had failed (I had had another one fail before) and had taken it off and nothing. unplugged it, plugged it back in and nothing. Checked all my wiring and everythign looked fine. Pulled the old one and put the new one on the same exact way and it fired right up.

I have had one fail and had to order a new one to replace it. Was without one of my panels for a bit while waiting for it. i am not sure what happened it just stopped working one day. I thought my pot had failed (I had had another one fail before) and had taken it off and nothing. unplugged it, plugged it back in and nothing. Checked all my wiring and everythign looked fine. Pulled the old one and put the new one on the same exact way and it fired right up.

They probably installed a Mean Harm driver at the factory by mistake. :D

Nothing, nada, zip has changed on mine in what? 2+years? No diodes out, no change - fuggin boring. My blurples always changed - sometimes just a diode or two would burn out, sometimes entire groups.

These diodes are rated for 50,000 hours with minimal (5%?) change in output, and a lifetime of 100,000 hours. So you'll probably put them aside for something new before they wear out. They're genuine 21st Cen stuff - far better than anything that came before them.

Once you get over how BRIGHT they are ... they're boring, I tell ya.

I could use a little boring on my end; I pulled on the cord of my 600w HPS ballast to get it out of the way so I could press the switch down on my spike bar to shut power off, the plug crackled, and sparks came from the connection. I didn't plug it back in to check it after I took it out and put in my new 315w CMH because the plug connection was burnt. I just tossed it. :(

I have a 250MH, and 400 and 600 hps ballasts stuck away somewhere if you ever need one again. Got two fresh 400W CMH bulbs, too, to go with the 400 ballast. :slide:

Annnnnnnnd ... I'm pretty sure they'll never get used again. :laughtwo:

I think that a straight 600w dimmable is less than 150 bucks, so if I decide to run a 600w HPS in the Winter I can get another one in the Fall. I'm not sure how these DrG-like strains are going to do under CMH or LED.

Well, I just noticed with the normal colors from the CMH bulb that my X18 Pure Pakistani has a nanner on the main cola, so I'll probably take it out tomorrow when the lights come on again and chop it Friday. Dang; double whammy..... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom