PotChimp's Side Projects

It's been a while since I've recorded any data on grows, but I think that plant has about a 10-12 week flowering period. I figure that the best looking father I've seen in all these years plus the best pot I've grown and smoked yet could produce a few winners :)
I saved both of the NH x Apollo 13 f2 crosses I just chopped for reveg, and was thinking to myself, "Damn, I can't keep saving every plant I grow! I'm running out of room!" Now I'm smoking a blunt of one of those two phenos thinking to myself, "Damn, I finally bred something out and grew a plant that's as good as the mother!" I'm gonna burn some more blunts of it over the next couple days, but I think I found a winner here. :straightface:

Im sorting through my F2 Chernobyl seeds at the moment. Hopefully I will get a frosty one like the mother. The father was frosty too for a dude. His other crosses came out pretty good. I still have a pheno from him x 24k gold.
I think Chernobyl got its heat from the JTR male subcool used :D

There was a strain I read about a long time ago (I think it might have been Columbian Black?) that had an 18-24 week flowering time, but I couldn't find the seeds for sale. As bad as that OTH was, I still think I'd give them a try.

Note - Sixteen for sixteen on germination, but I broke the tap root on one of the MPK S1 seedlings. I planted it anyway because I got a broken root seedling like that to grow once. I started germinating another seed of it because I didn't get the other five with broken tap roots I've grown before to come up. So I'm covered just in case.

Boss Hogg:

Mother of those eight seeds I just planted (Jack's Cleaner 2):

When I saw that hair I went back and picked it off :D
Jack the Ripper phenos - both A:

B (my favorite):

C:

D:

I got seeds from all of them, too.
Killer A5 Haze (two plants):

Ghost Train Haze #1 S1:

Night time grow tent :)
Third Killer A5 Haze plant:

Chocolope:

Two more Jack's Cleaner 2 plants:

JTR D pheno:

Further along JTR C pheno (I like the way this one grows):

Another JTR B pheno:

I had that JTR pollen refrigerated in a parchment bag. When I opened the bag everything was dry, so I isolated this Nevil's Haze plant and pollinated a few of the lower branches (unless there was a lot more pollen than it looked like, in which case I pollinate the whole plant):

It doesn't look so good; the leaves have brown spots.
Ghost Train Haze #1 S1 branch. A few of the leaf petioles have this type growth, but no branches (like this clone was grown from):

They all seem to look a lot like the mother, only (I remember saying this before) not as frosty. Here's one further in bloom:

Could be the legendary ounce-on-a-stick plant the fables speak of..... :adore:

This is the first time I’ve read of any before and after difference with this fad of the preharvest dark period. You obviously find a benefit?

I just went back and realized I forgot to answer that. Sorry.
I've been doing it with everything I harvest for longer than a year, mostly to make room for new plants in my bloom tents or because I don't have the time to chop them for a day or two. I think it improves the quality slightly if I don't leave them in too long. I should conduct an experiment with multiple clones of the same pheno someday, going from no dark to five days dark and see the difference.

Here's an idea :idea: Chop this one with no dark period (Killer A5 Haze):

Chop one of the plants above with a two day dark period, and chop the other plant above with a four day dark period.
Here's two of my Ghost Train Haze #1 S1 clones (both grew out of leaf petioles):

Jack the Ripper:

That's what I'm trying to find out. I mostly put plants in a closet to make room in the bloom tents for other plants when my veg areas get too crowded. It turns out to be a dark period because it's usually a few days before I can get to the work of harvesting it.

Oh ok lol cool so almost same page... So I've read up on it a little and information varies but from what I gather throwing in dark makes it produce more resin and forces it to use up what is left in the plant.... But wouldn't it still do that if you chop and hang it in the dark to dry with no dark before chop?.....it's still absorbing from the stem until it's dry right? I have no idea lol I just like the weedz

Back
Top Bottom