ProfessorFlora's 10 Strain 200W LED Organic Soil Grow

Oh yeah, a nice strong stick for lil HH :thumb:
Always. It was a very good idea you came up with there. It reminds me of castration though. After a month or so the stick dries up and falls off leaving behind a little scar lol
Thanks for the heads up! Very interested, and need to learn kinda quick! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
My pleasure. It's a great way to have a good selection for clones without requiring a lot of space or resources. It does require a little time though as it's possible for them to drink the smaller pots dry if you're not paying attention. I've done it a couple times but they've always recovered in a few days.

I thought that while we had the plants out we had best take a look a the rest of them as the all look very nice today. Now that those plants have been trimmed the tray is nice and open to light for the smaller plants....
ORG_DSC09382.JPG
ORG_DSC09390.JPG

Crumbled Lime from Karma Squad....
Here the newest arrivals. I have a good feeling about these. They both had an excellent start look great....
Crumbled Lime #1....
ORG_DSC09386.JPG
ORG_DSC09387.JPG

Crumbled Lime #2....
ORG_DSC09384.JPG
ORG_DSC09388.JPG

Beautiful set of green in that tray Professor!
Why thank you Shed. I completely forgot to mention that I watered everything in the tray with with a mycorrhizal fungle and probiotic tablet which you dissolve in water yesterday. I've never used MF before so I'm intersted to see if there's any difference in the roots when I get them out for a prune in a few months time. I picked them up in a sale it might be interesting to give them a go

My pleasure. It's a great way to have a good selection for clones without requiring a lot of space or resources. It does require a little time though as it's possible for them to drink the smaller pots dry if you're not paying attention. I've done it a couple times but they've always recovered in a few days.

I've considered a basic SWICK for the moms, but dunno yet. Super-mini autopot or something of similar concept. I'm more focused on finding a light that will veg a 1x3 area and not break the bank to pick up.

Found a couple basic LED panels of white light for $20/ea, so not terrible. Probably will work ok for seedlings/clones/moms.

I thought I had that part covered, then measured and the lights I have are 4ft, not the 3ft I thought they were.

With the clones, it works out well for a mini-mom. I'll need only a few per run, and that's if I run the same strain in all spots. So that's kind of nice.

Never heard of probiotics for anything but human digestion, but now that you're trying them out, the whole world is watching!
It's just bacteria and fungi. Maybe probiotic is just a cool word which helps to draw the eye....
IMG_5966.JPG

I've considered a basic SWICK for the moms, but dunno yet. Super-mini autopot or something of similar concept. I'm more focused on finding a light that will veg a 1x3 area and not break the bank to pick up.

Found a couple basic LED panels of white light for $20/ea, so not terrible. Probably will work ok for seedlings/clones/moms.

I thought I had that part covered, then measured and the lights I have are 4ft, not the 3ft I thought they were.

With the clones, it works out well for a mini-mom. I'll need only a few per run, and that's if I run the same strain in all spots. So that's kind of nice.
for my veg plants I use a 100w 7000k flood light I got on Amazon for about £20. It's not a grow light at all but grow veg plants just fine. It'll cover a 2ft x 2.5ft space quite happily but not sure if it would quite reach the 3ft.

I used to use a self watering tray with a capillary matting for the pots to sit on. I wouldn't be able to fit all my current plants on it though and I lost the mat. It's also too long as it's designed for a window sill. It worked really well though and I did think about getting another one with a better shape to water these.

Nice turn around on the Wilma plants prof onwards and upwards from here.

The new Exotics Genetix babies are looking very happy and healthy but now I need a cold shower.

It was a very good idea you came up with there. It reminds me of castration though. After a month or so the stick dries up and falls off leaving behind a little scar lol
Thank you Professor, but the idea wasn’t mine. I read it somewhere and can’t remember the source. GWE perhaps? Anyhow, lmao, you are so right about the stick shriveling up, wasn’t that one of the lessons at GG’s school of etiquette? If you don’t use it, you lose it. :laughtwo:

All the ladies are looking happy and healthy.:thumb:

for my veg plants I use a 100w 7000k flood light I got on Amazon for about £20. It's not a grow light at all but grow veg plants just fine. It'll cover a 2ft x 2.5ft space quite happily but not sure if it would quite reach the 3ft.

I dunno why, but for whatever reason I can't make up my mind/find the right light(s) for this. I found some 24" lights, but that's a foot short (6" per end if centered) and probably not great in the long run.

I was trying to not spend a ton on it, being vegging mom/baby lights, but still... ugh.

I'd prefer some type of LED strip/shop lights, but it seems they're either 2ft, low lumen (2000lm +/-) or both.

I found an LED panel that could be hooked end to end or side by side, and in the end to end config it's 35in long and 6in wide. Not bad, but the PPFD at 6in height is only 280 umol/m2/s (13,000 lux), at 12in it drops to 180 PPFD and 6800 lux. It might be alright I guess.

I used to use a self watering tray with a capillary matting for the pots to sit on. I wouldn't be able to fit all my current plants on it though and I lost the mat. It's also too long as it's designed for a window sill. It worked really well though and I did think about getting another one with a better shape to water these.

I still use these for seedlings. For cannabis seedlings my setup is a good bit smaller than what I use for veggies and herbs, but same thing just smaller scale. I picked up another set that was nursery flat size, but the riser and wicking mat were both in 2 pieces. I took a piece of each and trimmed to fit my smaller dome tray setup. Works great, and keeps rapid rooters at just the right moisture level.

Nice turn around on the Wilma plants prof onwards and upwards from here.

The new Exotics Genetix babies are looking very happy and healthy but now I need a cold shower.
Lol! If you think you need a shower now just wait til we get them into flower. I'll try not to do an update everyday to save you money on water
Thank you Professor, but the idea wasn’t mine. I read it somewhere and can’t remember the source. GWE perhaps? Anyhow, lmao, you are so right about the stick shriveling up, wasn’t that one of the lessons at GG’s school of etiquette? If you don’t use it, you lose it. :laughtwo:

All the ladies are looking happy and healthy.:thumb:
I was fortunate enough to have been off from school that week. Head lice, chicken pox or diarrhoea. Can't quite remember what excuse I used. I made sure that I was there for the lessons on how to get shit-faced for £3.50 though.

That must be a dark and scary place...
it was. There were no lights in those day. Only candles. There was always a draft blowing them out. I think it was GG's arse.

Lmao, knowing GG, it’s probably more of a form school.
it was actually a very posh school. We even had a uniform. A mankini and a top hat. Oh and crocs

I dunno why, but for whatever reason I can't make up my mind/find the right light(s) for this. I found some 24" lights, but that's a foot short (6" per end if centered) and probably not great in the long run.

I was trying to not spend a ton on it, being vegging mom/baby lights, but still... ugh.

I'd prefer some type of LED strip/shop lights, but it seems they're either 2ft, low lumen (2000lm +/-) or both.

I found an LED panel that could be hooked end to end or side by side, and in the end to end config it's 35in long and 6in wide. Not bad, but the PPFD at 6in height is only 280 umol/m2/s (13,000 lux), at 12in it drops to 180 PPFD and 6800 lux. It might be alright I guess.

I still use these for seedlings. For cannabis seedlings my setup is a good bit smaller than what I use for veggies and herbs, but same thing just smaller scale. I picked up another set that was nursery flat size, but the riser and wicking mat were both in 2 pieces. I took a piece of each and trimmed to fit my smaller dome tray setup. Works great, and keeps rapid rooters at just the right moisture level.
I don't think Im getting as much as 6800lux for my veg plants. If I remember rightly the lights were only 5000lux. I'll have to check as I can't remember now. What about getting 2 cheap units for the space? Does it have to be Led as well? maybe some Cfl's would work if there isn't too much heat. You can achieve excellent coverage with lots of little CFL bulbs.

I don't think Im getting as much as 6800lux for my veg plants. If I remember rightly the lights were only 5000lux. I'll have to check as I can't remember now. What about getting 2 cheap units for the space? Does it have to be Led as well? maybe some Cfl's would work if there isn't too much heat. You can achieve excellent coverage with lots of little CFL bulbs.

I've thought of that, and I'm trying not to break the bank on these. Really isn't a need to do so, and even the "fake watt" lights would be fine for something like this.

I'd like to keep it to $30/light or less, but not 100% sure I can quite get there.

I've thought of that, and I'm trying not to break the bank on these. Really isn't a need to do so, and even the "fake watt" lights would be fine for something like this.

I'd like to keep it to $30/light or less, but not 100% sure I can quite get there.
I had a look at specs of the flood light which I currently use for vegging. It's actually not quite as bad as I thought. 9000lm and Cree chips. It costs £27 now which is pretty cheap. I'm sure I got it for a little less than that though....

It's quite solid but has an ugly plastic lens. It seems bright enough though....
IMG_5967.JPG

I can talk about this light all I want as it's not a grow light. It's not the prettiest but it does the job....
IMG_5968.JPG

One last thing is that the camera on the tablet really hates it....
IMG_5969.JPG

As you can see this is my warm model. I actually use the cool light for the veg plants. Here's the specs I found.

Specifications
Wattage: 100W
Voltage: AC220-240V
Led chip: CREE SMD5050
Led quantity: 20 PCS
Waterproof Rate:IP65
Material: Die-Cast Aluminum, CREE led chips, Optics PC lens
Lumens: 9000LM
Color Temperature: Warm White(2800-3200K) or Cool White(6500-7000K)
CRI: 80

Back
Top Bottom