Pyramid Purple & DNA Chocolope Under CFL - 2nd Grow

Why are you guys so into autos? Isn't that expensive? Don't you want to be able to clone and veg them as big as you like?
Just asking, I have never tried an auto...

The reasons I like Autos are:

1. No stress about light leaks. This is an easy thing to fix but neither of my vent holes are light sealed. That was a big plus with building my new hood, seals top light leaks. Then I just keep my photo Chocky on the opposite side of Purps and I'm sweet.

2. Shorter life-span means a lesser investment time wise. I could really drop kernels and be done, drying and cleaned up a few months later.

3. Smaller plants with genetics designed to yield beyond 'normal' abilities, m2 : gram work very well when dealing with limited space and wattage. By theory behind this is that The BAR is able to produce beautiful yields from 2L grow systems running photos. My thoughts are that autos, being bred for yield beyond size and time should really flourish under BAR's system. I'm in the process of trying it out properly with 2P2I(2Purple2Impatient) however I will be overseas for a few weeks of her life..

4. These things taken into account I think (and am open to correction) that I will be able to harvest more with a one month staggered, 6 plant auto SIP grow(meaning I start the new 6 a month or more before I harvest the old 6) than I will with 1 or hopefully 2 photos taking twice as long.

If I have my timings, ideas or anything off kilter, please let me know. I've been know to miss things.. ;) Hehe.

-J.

Star, a 30x loupe is fine for trich checking. Just make sure you're in bright white light.
No it is just the kind you look through. No pics.
Ottawa, if it's hooked to your computer couldn't you just copy the image?

Why are you guys so into autos? Isn't that expensive? Don't you want to be able to clone and veg them as big as you like?
Just asking, I have never tried an auto...
Thanxx for helping me realize another question I'd like answered but never asked. Is it possible or even worth cloning an Auto? Would you get at least the same size plant as the mother?

Apparently you can't clone autos as they carry the ruderalis gene too strongly to ever reveg. That's why I'll be happy to get a taste from Bio. She'l live her life out and die(time wise) regardless..

I'll get an idea from Purple what my yields will be and a better idea from Purple 2. By the time I harvest her, I'll be back in...... At home and ready to start the next project. :D

Exciting!

-J.

But if you take a cutting before it sexes (during veg) it wouldn't have to re-veg, correct? I'm just interested because if it's possible I'm willing to try it.

I think it's programed to run a short span of time, and even while rooting will still run that clock. Figure it'll lead to extremely stunted growth
OK, so unless I hear otherwise this will be my next experiment; it's the only true way to find out.

But if you take a cutting before it sexes (during veg) it wouldn't have to re-veg, correct? I'm just interested because if it's possible I'm willing to try it.

Looking at a study donpaul did, from the time an auto seen sprouts it's on a timeline. There's not much to stop that. Don't get me wrong, crazier things have been tried and worked it's just the way I see it, whether you clone(cut up) an auto plant or leave it as one, when she reaches the age, she hairs up. Maybe a toothpick in the ground like my bio, maybe that 340g odd 'think different'.
Please try though, dude.. could try and fail and all it would prove is I can't clone. Lol.

-J.

What strains you thinking you'l play with, BARman? Did you see my list of 'probably's' for my very soon to be placed order?

-J.
I have an Afghan Kush Auto that I'll take a cut from when I get home this evening.
Yes, I seen the list; pretty impressive...

I have an Afghan Kush Auto that I'll take a cut from when I get home this evening.

That's awesome, I'll be watching. Good luck bro.

Yes, I seen the list; pretty impressive...

So are you down? Anything you would take, add etc? I'm thinking I'll grab some extras or maybe doubles as backups.

-J.

Nothing I would omit but the best smoke I've grown to date (and have had period in a long time) was an unknown strain rescued from under the Magic Tree. After describing the high & taste in my Smoke Report (4th WAVE STREET GIRL)
a few members said it was most likely Mazar. So that's what I would add.

No not Dutch Passion. Scroll down to the "Smoke Report" part of that post. 4th Wave Street Girl...
They say that description describes Mazar to a T.

No not Dutch Passion. Scroll down to the "Smoke Report" part of that post. 4th Wave Street Girl...

Yeah it looks like it could be.. Dutch Passion are the seed breeders of Mazar. I happened to be reading about it a few hours before you mentioned it.. Haha.

-J.

Well now it's going to be a quick update. I just a very concise one written something crashed and the website reloaded taking a few pages with it.
He have some pics and some timeline updates/ questions. I would love for anyone to take the time I do around the forums to help out where they can.

Pyramid Purple is finally starting to look like a worthwhile plant. I just took a look at her Trichys with my crappy 30x loupe and I could have sworn I was seeing the odd amber trich here and there..This made me look again at the seedbank and breeder info and do the math again..

Soaked: 14th Nov
Planted with tap: 17th Nov
Sprouted: 21st Nov

Seedbank: "Flowering Time: 70 days".
Breeder: "Bloom: 8 weeks" (56 days)
##I take this to mean we want/ get 14 days veg followed by 56 days of flower. This puts me at about the 25th of this month!? 3-4 days!? Does everyone agree with this? Sheeeeyat. I haven't even flushed yet. :/

For the fleurs:

IMAG09378.jpg

IMAG09397.jpg

IMAG09407.jpg

IMAG09236.jpg

IMAG091911.jpg

IMAG09209.jpg

Some of the usual yellows..
IMAG09227.jpg

As for Lady Chocolope, there is nothing at all bad I can say about this plant at this stage. She has been more than accommodating and still looks sexy. I should have tried to clone her..

IMAG09249.jpg

IMAG09328.jpg

IMAG09357.jpg

IMAG09368.jpg

I accidentally slipped, scarified, soaked and planted my other Pyri-Purple. She looks to be just scratching the surface.. ;)

I'm now taking votes for the 6 best autos people have tried or want to see grown. I'm thinking the AK-49, maybe a Northern Lights of some sorts, a decent yielding LowRyder(I've heard they can be light-on in yield), I've heard I should look at Jock Horor and some other deliciousness. Thoughts, people?? :D

Peace out, all.

-J.

I forgot to timeline Chocky..

Soaked:- 16/11
Planted:- 21/11
Sprouted:- 25/11
Flipped to 12/12:- 02/01

That puts her at a day from 3 weeks into flower. 20 days. So only another 60ish.. ;)

-J.

Yeah it looks like it could be.. Dutch Passion are the seed breeders of Mazar. I happened to be reading about it a few hours before you mentioned it.. Haha.

-J.
Oh, I follow you new... I had a case of Brain freeze

Back
Top Bottom