Questions

4luck

420 Member
Trying to find out what these are

Attachments

• 20200326_175217.jpg
    20200326_175217.jpg
    443.6 KB · Views: 48
The two vaguely "spiky" looking things? They have nothing to do with the plant's sexual/reproductive parts. They're called stipules. They are normal. Unlike the ones on some types of plants, the ones on cannabis plants will never turn into thorns. However, one might speculate that they might have served this purpose in the dim murky past of the plant's evolutionary development.

Their main evolutionary purpose is to make new growers start threads like this one. This creates activity which helps keep sites like this one alive, and generally stimulates the economy, which in turn gets people buying and sprouting more cannabis seeds.
It’s called stipulation.
I think.
(I’m not sure actually- better double check that).

The two vaguely "spiky" looking things? They have nothing to do with the plant's sexual/reproductive parts. They're called stipules. They are normal. Unlike the ones on some types of plants, the ones on cannabis plants will never turn into thorns. However, one might speculate that they might have served this purpose in the dim murky past of the plant's evolutionary development.
Not the stipuls to the left and right behind them enbetween the new shoots and stipulas

Their main evolutionary purpose is to make new growers start threads like this one. This creates activity which helps keep sites like this one alive, and generally stimulates the economy, which in turn gets people buying and sprouting more cannabis seeds.
It’s called stipulation.
I think.
(I’m not sure actually- better double check that).
They appeared after i topped the plant

Those leaves will turn into branches. That's how you get more branches to get more yield. Once they grow out enough LST / Quad-line them & get a bunch more branches & make a bush.

More yield?? Doubt that one 420%. Topping REDUCES yields.

I don't think topping reduces yeild.

I assumed that the person meant "from the maximum yield possible." As in, "it'll be less when the person both removes plant mass and the auxins that determine things like apical dominance, thereby forcing the plant to devote time, energy, and resources to replacing both... in comparison to simply using some training to cause the plant to *quickly* redistribute those auxins and, therefore, promote 'mad branching behavior' and accelerated growth rates in the secondaries/etc. without having to throw away any portion of the plant in the process."

<SHRUGS> It is, after all, quicker and easier to just type "Topping reduces yields," lol.

EDIT: "FIM?"

I assumed that the person meant "from the maximum yield possible." As in, "it'll be less when the person both removes plant mass and the auxins that determine things like apical dominance, thereby forcing the plant to devote time, energy, and resources to replacing both... in comparison to simply using some training to cause the plant to *quickly* redistribute those auxins and, therefore, promote 'mad branching behavior' and accelerated growth rates in the secondaries/etc. without having to throw away any portion of the plant in the process."

<SHRUGS> It is, after all, quicker and easier to just type "Topping reduces yields," lol.

EDIT: "FIM?"

Coconut water, kelp tea and malted barley are your friends here. The worms, don't forget the worms.

Coconut water, kelp tea and malted barley are your friends here. The worms, don't forget the worms.

I don't think worms would be all that happy living in trash cans full of perlite ;).

Back
Top Bottom