Quix's Corner - Puddle-o-Green - NL & Bag Seed - Indoor Soil Experiment

Re: Quix's Corner-"Puddle-o-Green"-NL&Bagseed Indoor Soil Experiment

Aaaaaaaaaaaand a big :thumb: to you and the sprout!

Congrats my friend. You could give her a sexy Fench name like, "La Flore Deux" (aka, "Plant Two") :)

Can't wait, I love baby pics ;)

Hey DIME thanks a bunch bro!!! Baby pics soon!:slide: lol, if it sound funny when I'm high it might ruin it for me as far as sounding sexy!!:rofl:

Congrats on the sprout. Happy 420 Quix

Hey PBR thank you as well sir!! I've been slackin off big time with my reading, but hope all is well and you guys have awesome things happening. I get notifications on my phone every time something happens on any of my subbs, but its hard to keep track of lately, I think Im subbed to like 20 threads!!!:thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake:I'll be around though see ya soon!:thumb:

AAAAAAAAND #1 sprouted this morning like I hoped! She's almost as big as her sister now....
P4210001.JPG

And the early bird#2....
P4210002.JPG

Actually those pics are backwards, but who cares....:thumb:

Hey Q are these bagseeds? It's been so long since you started I can't remember lol! At least you have 2 sprouts so I have no room to talk, not that that ever stops me... :lot-o-toke:

Hey Q are these bagseeds? It's been so long since you started I can't remember lol! At least you have 2 sprouts so I have no room to talk, not that that ever stops me... :lot-o-toke:

Well technically, yes. They're NL, but they came from a batch at my dispensary that was accidentally polinated...This run should tell me if they're prone to herm, but i dont want to jinx it!!!! The actual bagseed I tried never cracked, so I opened them up to see if ther was any development. It looked like there was some, allbeit very little...Wish me luck!:thumb:

I'm afraid to wish you luck bro, you might get the luck I'm having. Maybe I should just stay away for a few days :)

Good luck on your next grow man, you've got a similar set up to what im working with at the moment so i'll definitely stay tuned to this thread. Your last grow looked pretty nice so im sure this one will be even better. :thumb:

Good luck on your next grow man, you've got a similar set up to what im working with at the moment so i'll definitely stay tuned to this thread. Your last grow looked pretty nice so im sure this one will be even better. :thumb:

Hey ripped(thats what I'll be calling you for short if you dont mind):welcome: to my little corner of :420:...Glad to have you aboard. Are you currently running any plants? If so feel free to post a couple pics here. And If you have any questions, or advice, feel free to post those here as well. Great group of guys n gals around who are always helpful, and kind enough to humor me. So what's your set up like?...

Just a couple baby pics for no real reason except I love 'em!!!
P4220002.JPG

P4220003.JPG

I took OMM's advice this morning and added another layer of soil to the top, to add support, and to promote more root growth higher up the stem. I watered last night with a half strength solution of Great white....Speaking of Great White, Has anyone here used, or even heard of this product? And If not, has anyone used ANY product who's main ingredients are mycorrizae and trichoderma?

Here is a bit of info I found on it, and I'm starting to wonder just how benneficial this stuff really is to me. Not that it would hurt but....

The word mycorrhizae (pronounced My-cor-rye-zay) refers to a group of fungi which form a mutually beneficial relationship with many plants. These fungi grow either inside of a plant's roots or attach to the surface of a root. The fungi benefits from the plant's food and nutrients and in turn send their hyphae (like small roots) out into the surrounding soil to absorb nutrients and water.

So, mycorrhizae actually enhance a plant's ability to take up nutrients and water. Because of this, research has shown that the presence of mycorrhizae also help plants deal with drought and some diseases. Approximately 95% of the world's plants have some form of mycorrhizal dependence. As far as growing is concerned, in many cases, increased root and top growth occurs when plants are treated with mycorrhizae. These benefits are not always evident, especially on short term crops, unless the crop is stressed or planted into a landscape where water and nutrients are less available.

TYPES OF MYCORRHIZAE

There are two main groups of mycorrhizae — Ectomycorrhizae and Endomycorrhizae. Both groups are specific in what plant types they will work with. Ectomycorrhizae forms relationships with birch, oak, spruce, pine and fir, but is not important to most greenhouse growers since the above plant types are not typical greenhouse crops.

The second group of mycorrhizae is endomycorrhizae which are also known as vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizae or VAM. Roughly, 80% of all the plants in the world form associations with endomycorrhizae, as does nearly every greenhouse plant. So, this is the group of mycorrhizae that is most important to greenhouse growers, and the everyday grower. It is the one that you want.
HAT INFLUENCES MYCORRHIZAL GROWTH?

It is not difficult to create a good environment for endomycorrhizal (VAM) colonies, all that's needed is a plant that forms a relationship with VAM. After that, the primary factor is the amount of inorganic phosphorus in your growing system. Since the relationship between plant and fungi evolved to help the plants access low levels of phosphorus in the soil, mycorrhizae do not grow and colonize roots when the phosphorus level is high. Phosphorus levels above 10 ppm in the soil solution will negatively impact the growth and establishment of mycorrhizae. A high phosphorus level does not kill the mycorrhizae, it just creates an environment in which the mycorrhizae do not germinate and grow, and this renders them ineffective. As a grower, you should use low phosphorus feeds for the first 30 days to allow the mycorrhizae to grow.

Congrats quix! That's so awesome!

Sprouts are look strong already!

Diggety Dime Bag!! Hey brother thanks for the kind words! I was actually just over reading your journal. I started reading it a while back, was about half way through it, and got distracted(GO FIGURE:lot-o-toke:) and I could have sworn I was subbed to it, but I guess I never actually did. So I'm subbed now, but I still have catching up to do, looks like you're about to be the proud owner of some great smoke!!

Just picked up my new "upgrade" today cuz I broke my $3 one last night...
P4230001.JPG

and here's a shot of the babies getting some sunbathing in under the free HID in the sky....
P4230001-1.JPG

:cheesygrinsmiley:

Also, I'm really itching to do a batch of bud butter. Then cookies...So if you guys know of any do's n don'ts, or who has the best methods for making butter, please let me know.

Hey Q I've never heard of Great White but I picked up some Epsoma Starter Tone which sounds like a similar product. Mix it into your soil as best as you can, I don't think you've wasted your money at all. Good luck!

Hi Quixilvir :)

Who doesn't like baby pictures? They look fine. I'm still digesting all the info you posted. Don't think you wasted money at all. I think I actually have some of that stuff out in the garage. I better go look. Anything that helps roots is great. Nice new meter too! :Rasta:

Hey Q I've never heard of Great White but I picked up some Epsoma Starter Tone which sounds like a similar product. Mix it into your soil as best as you can, I don't think you've wasted your money at all. Good luck!

Hi Quixilvir :)

Who doesn't like baby pictures? They look fine. I'm still digesting all the info you posted. Don't think you wasted money at all. I think I actually have some of that stuff out in the garage. I better go look. Anything that helps roots is great. Nice new meter too! :Rasta:

Thanks guys:thumb: The stuff also has trichoderma and "plant vitamins"....
I picked this stuff up for free from my hydro shop, a sample. Buit the small jars(maybe 6 oz) costs 40 dollars! I know it never hurt the plants, and is probably pretty good for them( as long as P levels are low enough according to the info I found)...I just dont know if it's worth the 40 bucks. I'll have to do some more reading:reading420magazine:...

Also, the meter seems to give readings that are different from my analogue hygrometer?....Any thoughts?

Thanks guys:thumb: The stuff also has trichoderma and "plant vitamins"....
I picked this stuff up for free from my hydro shop, a sample. Buit the small jars(maybe 6 oz) costs 40 dollars! I know it never hurt the plants, and is probably pretty good for them( as long as P levels are low enough according to the info I found)...I just dont know if it's worth the 40 bucks. I'll have to do some more reading:reading420magazine:...

Also, the meter seems to give readings that are different from my analogue hygrometer?....Any thoughts?

Morning Q! Sounds like another nute company mega ripoff. Get yourself 10 lbs of the Epsoma Bio-Tone (its a soil starter but I got the name wrong earlier) for $8. I'll bet you anything it's the same stuff they're selling or better.

Are the gauges giving significantly different readings? Are you testing them side-by-side? I have 3 and they rarely agree exactly but are close enough that I have a pretty good idea of temps and rH.

But if one is on the ground and one is in the canopy they will give different readings, I assume because conditions are different. Not much help but it's all I got... :peace:

Morning Q! Sounds like another nute company mega ripoff. Get yourself 10 lbs of the Epsoma Bio-Tone (its a soil starter but I got the name wrong earlier) for $8. I'll bet you anything it's the same stuff they're selling or better.

Are the gauges giving significantly different readings? Are you testing them side-by-side? I have 3 and they rarely agree exactly but are close enough that I have a pretty good idea of temps and rH.

But if one is on the ground and one is in the canopy they will give different readings, I assume because conditions are different. Not much help but it's all I got... :peace:

Hey Blue yeah it did occur to me that this was just another "super Product". The info I posted about mycorrhizae was just what I found after googling the mycorrhizae though, not from the manufacturer's web site...I'll definitely look into bio-tone thanks for that...

The gauges are side by side, at soil level, and the RH on the new digital unit is consistently around 10 points lower than the analogue, which has me worried, it hangs around 25% most of the time...the temps seem about right, but I cant compare the two cuz I broke the glass on the analog...makes me want to go get a better one and see if its a fluke or what...:peacetwo: Oh and Happy Easter to you brother...

Week one update on the babies...Not all that exciting but they're healthy and strong which is good....
P4260003.JPG

P4260004.JPG
P4260005.JPG
P4260007.JPG
P4260009.JPG

They look great very healthy looking as well.:goodjob:

Thank you sir, I owe it to the soil I think, Sunshine Advanced Mix#4, free sample from the hydro store...

Back
Top Bottom