Quix's SSH from Clone - Chocolate NL Re-Veg & Other Fun Strains Coming Soon!

Re: Quix's SSH from clone,Chocolate NL re-veg, and other fun strains coming soon!

Hey Quix :)

Clones are cooking and healthy.:yummy:

You probably already know this....but don't give em any nutes the first 30 days using FFOF. It's has enough built in nutes until then.

The re-veg is looking good too..I see new growth happening! :yummy:

How did you get my calender?

Re: Quix's SSH from clone,Chocolate NL re-veg, and other fun strains coming soon!

You probably already know this....but don't give em any nutes the first 30 days using FFOF. It's has enough built in nutes until then.

Hi OMM! Thank you for stopping in! The clones are looking SO well, better than I expected for sure. You are of course correct, that FFOF is known to be pretty hot, and thank you for the reminder. I did notice this while attempting to sprout a few, at the beginning of last grow. Lol, you called 'em "no-goods" when they failed to break ground....But other than that I have had no issues, only great results while using the OF. I almost went wioth a bag of HappyFrog. I thought about you the whole time while I was standing there staring at the two different kinds, as I know you've given good reviews of both. But alas, I went with what I know. I always wait at least 3-4 weeks, or until I see signs of need, to feed my girls after going into FFOF, there ARE lots of goodies in there!

Not sure how you could have the same calendar, I think it came from one of my plumbing supply houses...:bong:

Looking great, Quix! :welldone:

OMM, Don't worry Bro! I got your calendar joke! :)

Well, I got around to transplanting the clones yesterday. I figured I had better do it now. I went to check on the roots, and found this....
P9100007.JPG
P9100006.JPG
P9100003.JPG
P9100005-1.JPG

All were bone-white, and fish boning like crazy!! Good news. but I definitely wanted to get them into soil before I was into a full-blown hydro-gro, and in over my head! I'm not equiped, and mentally prepaired to do hydro, just yet, and when I do I dont want it to be in the cloner....too much maintainance...

Anyway, I thought I'd post my ritual for transplanting, as elementary as it may seem. I still get a little nervous while doing it, (especially with roots like these!--The more roots there are, the more there are to damage!)..So I can immagine that someone who has never done it before could be intimidated by it......

Its really very simple, and requires only that you use a little care, good soil and some superthrive. I've said it before, but I'll say it again. Superthrive is a wonderful product!
All that needs to be done, is to mix your water with 1/4 tsp of SuperT./gallon.
Then, I fill my pot with FFOF to about 7/8 full, tamping every few handfuls. (not packing with my hands, but tapping the pot on the ground, to prevent shrinkage of the soil after a few waterings...)
P9100008.JPG

Then I water in around 1/4 gallon of my Superthrive water, and mix the soil gently with my hands, and dig a small hole in the center, about the depth of my index finger...
P9100002.JPG

Then its just a matter of placing the plant gently, but firmly into the hole, and sofly packing soil around, under, and up to the stem and roots. I usually clip the first lowest leaves and shoots, and pack the soil up toi that point....Then I add just a hanfull or two more soil to fill the pot to the top, and water in another 1/4 gallon of the water. Here are the SSH clones in their new dirt. I lettem sun bathe for a few hours after the transition. For some reason I feel the higher concentration of light helps them deal with the higher concentration of nutrient rich soil...The plants tell me this is correct....
P9100006-1.JPG

Here they are back in the tent today, and are a picture of health. They never even so much as drooped after transplanting. Again, Superthrive is great at reducing the impact of any kind of stressful condition. Th eplants took off in the cloner after adding just 1/10 the recommended dose, and it has always proven to help in transplanting, reducing the shock...
P9110005.JPG
P9110001.JPG
P9110004.JPG
P9110002.JPG
Enjoy:thumb:

Looking great, Quix! :welldone:

OMM, Don't worry Bro! I got your calendar joke! :)
Thans Mr K.!!
Damn it, now I get it!! Sorry OMM, I was in update mode and I just tried some of the final harvest from last week....WHEEEEW!
I just never really looked at the Hula girl til now!! I'm always looking at the plants!

Quix -

Great work and nice little tutorial on how you transplant your clones. They sure look great and so do the roots. Nicely done, and +rep brother! :high-five:

Nice job, Quix! :welldone:

Awesome roots! I think hydro might be your calling! :)

You got +REPS from me, too, on that one! :bravo:

Also, I'm not a soil grower, but I saw a video where, before transplanting into soil from a cloner, the grower rolled the roots around in some loose soil first. This actually caused a little "clump" of dirt to form around the roots, essentially creating a "mini rootball". He then planted the rootball into the soil. This was supposed to help prevent damaging the fragile roots and seemed to make sense when I saw it.

Looking good Quix, I have never used superthrive maybe something I should look into. Do you just use it for transplanting?

Quix -

Great work and nice little tutorial on how you transplant your clones. They sure look great and so do the roots. Nicely done, and +rep brother! :high-five:

Wow X thank you very much my friend!:yahoo: I want this journal to help others, old and new, the way others' have helped me. Its the least I can do....

Nice job, Quix! :welldone:

Awesome roots! I think hydro might be your calling! :)

You got +REPS from me, too, on that one! :bravo:

Also, I'm not a soil grower, but I saw a video where, before transplanting into soil from a cloner, the grower rolled the roots around in some loose soil first. This actually caused a little "clump" of dirt to form around the roots, essentially creating a "mini rootball". He then planted the rootball into the soil. This was supposed to help prevent damaging the fragile roots and seemed to make sense when I saw it.

Again, wow! And thank you kindly as well my friend:thumb: Like I told X, its the least I can do.

I like that little concept there. I actually kind of twisted and dabbed these gently into the soil, to achieve the same basic result, of coating the roots first. I didn't post it though, as it was my first time transplanting with roots this long, and have only done that method once. Didn't want to sound like I had a tried n tru method, but now I think we may be on to something!:high-five:

Looking good Quix, I have never used superthrive maybe something I should look into. Do you just use it for transplanting?

Hey HMG thanks my friend! You know, I used ST all the way through flower on my first grow, and I was less than pleased with that grow, for more than one reason. But I found that it is best for veg, and really helpful in times of stress. I also found that others recommend against using it in flower, but I feel that it is a good additive, even while things are going well, at least once a month.

Well Done Buddy ! :thumb:

Great tutorial for replanting. Well Done! Giving back to 420 is great. :thanks:

Yep love OF soils. :yummy:

I think Superthrive is some secret formula, but it sure works! I never do a planting or replanting with out it. :thanks:

I caught your post on MOM thread, saw your sig thread for the recently completed grow and skimmed through it (will go back & read thoroughly later.) Got to say, I'm impressed with your attitude & am subscribed. BTW, I would say for a second grow off probably hermied seeds to boot, your results of almost 2 z's on your fav was highly impressive. Not to mention that most of the negatives you seem to have once perceived are hopefully gonna be the frick'in silver lining. Can't wait to see the progress of the re-veg and hope its okay to stick around for the duration to see a SSH impregnated w/ that pollin. Kinda want to see one of 'em, hopefully, feminized seeds go the distance too.

Cheers,
John

I caught your post on MOM thread, saw your sig thread for the recently completed grow and skimmed through it (will go back & read thoroughly later.) Got to say, I'm impressed with your attitude & am subscribed. BTW, I would say for a second grow off probably hermied seeds to boot, your results of almost 2 z's on your fav was highly impressive. Not to mention that most of the negatives you seem to have once perceived are hopefully gonna be the frick'in silver lining. Can't wait to see the progress of the re-veg and hope its okay to stick around for the duration to see a SSH impregnated w/ that pollin. Kinda want to see one of 'em, hopefully, feminized seeds go the distance too.

Cheers,
John

Hey Jam:welcome: Thanks for looking in, and for reading my journals! Thank you for the kind words too!:thumb: Its more than OK if you want to hang out here, and feel free to chime in any time my friend! I'll always try to answer any questions you may have, and am always open to constructive criticizm, so make yourself at home! Hope to see you around:thanks:

Just a few pics, to show the progress of the SSH clones, and for some random viewing pleasure...
P9130014.JPG

P9130015.JPG

P9130016.JPG

P9130017.JPG

Afew nugs from the mother Im currently re-vegging....
P9110012.JPG

P9110008.JPG

P9110003.JPG

P91100091.JPG

SWEET !! Anything new w/ the re-veg Mom??

Ladies are looking great Quix cant believe I haven't subbed to this one yet bro great growing an much respect your buds look mouth watering great work!

Well thanks a bunch Crower! Hopefully someday soon they'll look as good as yours!:thanks:

Them little girls are growing up so fast. Looking good Quix. :welldone:

Thanks HMG! They sure are growing fast, those pics are from last night, and they are even bigger today! I think its getting to be time for some tying, LST is in their near future I think.

Back
Top Bottom