Randomandy's Closet Jungle - First Grow

Re: randomandy's closet jungle (or so he hopes) FIRST GROW!! [Auto]

i noticed your light bulbs issue myself; half is the red spectrum and half is the blue, whereas alternating would have made sense. i have two of these bulbs and here's what i did:

the euro reflector i have is basically just a CFL hanger with a metal shade shoved on so i unscrewed the back part of the lamp fitting where the wire goes in; gave it a half turn like you said and then tightened that bad boy up. so one light gives red straight down and the other gives the blue.

however; since it's a reflector, the portion of the light not facing the plants is still mostly bouncing back into the canopy anyway, so it's not a massive issue.

also, a little tip for ya; if you order them bulbs on amazon (well, any bulbs tbh) you can report them broken and get either a free one or a refund & amazon cover the costs and don't ask for evidence. My 300Ws were £39.99 each and i got them for the princely sum of bugger all.

good luck with the grow lad; hope you get some decent smoke out of them :)

Go look at virgin growers plants,m8 autos are small tiny plants,I wouldn't mind,but fuck the smoke is just crap.it bongs OK,but a joint,nah 4get it.not up my street m8.I'll try photos next time,or not try at all

Go look at virgin growers plants,m8 autos are small tiny plants,I wouldn't mind,but fuck the smoke is just crap.it bongs OK,but a joint,nah 4get it.not up my street m8.I'll try photos next time,or not try at all

dude you seem really angry and I'm not sure why, there's a multitude of reasons why your grows haven't been developing as you'd like; could be your methods, media, nutes, environmental issues... or there's the possibility that you've grown immune, which can happen to veteran stoners; I've been smoking since i was 15 and every time i feel myself plateauing i just stop for a few months, most recently i stopped in October and I'm staying off it until my grow is ready (if successful), and I'll be like the first time again and I'll know for a fact whether it's shite or not.

just a thought.

2 be fair,my girlfriend said every time I smoke it I'm bursting out laughing at silly things,which 2 be fair I really have had:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: some fits of giggles.she's convinced my heads up my are because I've been stoned nonstop the past month,1 thing I will say is after a bong,I am laughing at the most silly thoughts,or shtye u see on TV,an I have been munching like a fucker,but I don't feel that "put u down" feeling,the stuff I'm used 2 usually makes u sleep very quick,plus very paranoid.that's another thing.I've found myself in fits of giggles playing bf4,eating half the house,an trying 2 hide the fact I'm half baked.ive done all this complaining,an im stoned as fuck now,thats due some:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have tiny lil plants to my fb n cheese where relative size but gp and rb are size of a 2l bottle one I'll pull an oz from the other a half oz but it will be strong I'm not doubting that at all because I chose my strains for what I like and need and read many many strain reviews

Equanimity I have checked out your blue room very nice setup :) cheers for heads up on bulbs I need to get 6amazon are expensive for em but this tip will help get a few free :bong:

I have tiny lil plants to my fb n cheese where relative size but gp and rb are size of a 2l bottle one I'll pull an oz from the other a half oz but it will be strong I'm not doubting that at all because I chose my strains for what I like and need and read many many strain reviews

Equanimity I have checked out your blue room very nice setup :) cheers for heads up on bulbs I need to get 6amazon are expensive for em but this tip will help get a few free :bong:

if you're in the uk and hitting up for some smaller Bayonet Cap CFLs aswell, check out iboutique's 30w Daylight bulb by SechsiTech (also look for the multiple purchase shipping discount code in the item description!!) those are 2.99 each and he will replace no questions, for your warm whites the StrictlyLamps will do a nice 35w at a £5.29 with free shipping but again, will replace no questions. the 300Ws are by a seller called Pamelina and are fulfilled by amazon themselves, so that nets you the refund.

if im being honest, i also got refunded for my diatomaceous earth, the neem oil, the pH testing kit and a partial refund for the CFL reflectors.

my girlfriend says I'm a "chancer" apparently but i just see amazon as a text based adventure game called "try and get free shit"..

Others would call u a dirty dog,but I won't,I'd say genius:blunt::blunt::blunt::blunt:

let em call me what they want. Amazon have been forgetting to pay corporation tax in the UK for years, they can suck on my hard resinous buds... when i get some.

Hey equanimity, thanks for the advice and :welcome: to my journal... I dont really use Amazon as i tend to find ebay for the most part comes in a bit cheaper, that said, might need to take on board what you have said and give amazon a go for some things ;) esp as i am looking to get a red a bulb soon enough as i think it will help a lot with the yield :D...

Yeah does seem odd that the bulb is made in that way, but hoping that i can use that to my advantage as i say with the half turn back, although the red will be reflected right back down by the mirroring on the relector, still feel that would be a slight adavantage to have it facing down direct onto the plants as flower begins???

and yeah scottish, the fast bud i had from you was nice!! only went into a small joint by time i dried it out, but was nice, instant hit to the eyes and a nice stoned feeling to follow, and that was with a smaller joint than i am generally used to tbh, so yeah, agree that autos can have the potency required, and that was the nail in the coffin to my decision, and gave me the boost to say aye, am defo growing and going down the auto route!!

I understand what your ssaying snakelad, and in all honesty, its personal circumstances that dictate that my grow is Auto, i dont have the space, discretion or experience to jump right in with a photoperiod grow, autoflowers will give me that hands on experience i need to understand cannabis, how she grows, what she needs and the best way to grow her, so if the quality is not so good, ill smoke more, no biggy, thats the beauty of it it, its cheaper than buying weed frrom your dealer down the road, so can afford to treat yourself to a wee bit more of it :D :D

eBay's fair enough I've just had too many bad experiences with it for it to even be considered funny, so i accept amazon and it's slightly more expensive nature and try to offset it by being a twat and getting stuff refunded constantly lol

I'm doing photoperiodic and automatic for my first grow so I'll be able to determine which is easier, which is tastier, which gives me the better stone and which takes the most messing about and all within the same parameters; if you have a photoperiodic seed it might be worth just shoving it in a pot and just going with it. I'm trying to treat it like I'm a leaf in the wind and just drifting through it rather than Victor Meldrew struggling with Orchids lol

Honestly i think snakelad just blew his cannabinoid receptors to buggery and needs to step down, hang up his pipe and papers for a few months lol

Well so far i have beenlucky with ebay, and everything has been as it was described and have received everything promptly, Scottish keeps suggesting i use amazon aswell, but for the time being, if it aint broke, dont fix it lol...

yeah just went over to your thread, blue room is looking pretty cool, so im subbed, i love your ingenuity with your set up, you have genuinely been smart with it!! i will be getting photo seeds with my seed order, wich i am hoping the postie will bring me today :D:D trouble is i dont think i have the space for autos and photo plants, its only a standard sized 2 door wardrobe, the 3 pots fit in with just about enough space for the plants to grow out a bit, 1 photo plant will probably just fill my space, hence choosing autos for this one, and maybe do photo next time around...

And yeah, i think he has maybe he feels let down by this one auto plant and now has written them off completely, thats his choice, i dont think it seems fair to publicly announce to everyone growing autos that they shouldnt or be claiming they are all sh*t, there area lot of factors that come in to play when you grow anything, the main one is person perception, one mans shit is another mans gold, and sooooo many people seem to be satisfied with their autos, and im sure there are probably an equal amount that hate them, but for me, they are ideal, grow quick and discreet, and dont take up too much space

Well so far i have beenlucky with ebay, and everything has been as it was described and have received everything promptly, Scottish keeps suggesting i use amazon aswell, but for the time being, if it aint broke, dont fix it lol...

yeah just went over to your thread, blue room is looking pretty cool, so im subbed, i love your ingenuity with your set up, you have genuinely been smart with it!! i will be getting photo seeds with my seed order, wich i am hoping the postie will bring me today :D:D trouble is i dont think i have the space for autos and photo plants, its only a standard sized 2 door wardrobe, the 3 pots fit in with just about enough space for the plants to grow out a bit, 1 photo plant will probably just fill my space, hence choosing autos for this one, and maybe do photo next time around...

And yeah, i think he has maybe he feels let down by this one auto plant and now has written them off completely, thats his choice, i dont think it seems fair to publicly announce to everyone growing autos that they shouldnt or be claiming they are all sh*t, there area lot of factors that come in to play when you grow anything, the main one is person perception, one mans shit is another mans gold, and sooooo many people seem to be satisfied with their autos, and im sure there are probably an equal amount that hate them, but for me, they are ideal, grow quick and discreet, and dont take up too much space

Yeah it's a matter of personal choice really, if someone wants to grow autos then they should be able to whack away at it without someone coming along and saying they're shit, it's just like on the uk420 when i see people make posts about CFL grow lights and people just talk them down like they're breaking the law by not using high pressure sodium lamps.

i wouldn't take too much offence to snake though, he seems alright, just a bit highly strung lol

Guys,I'm sorry 4 saying auto are crap.I didn't mean 2 offend.I was just trying 2 get u 2 see that they aren't as strong as I thought,but I have been smoking loads an that's were the prob is I'm sure.I'm gona give autos 1 more try,3 diff strains on my next grow,then I'll know 4 sure.there is good autos out there,light addict said barnies pineapple express are very good,an very strong.so I was wrong 2 say all autos are shit,sorry guys:oops:

yeah ive seen that going on, people slamming CFL's, as if everyone has the money or the ability to grow in big spacious 'professional' set ups. thing is i accept that by going down the auto route, i might not get what i would if i grew photo, but thats the risk im willing to take, and am prepared for, and so long as i get a decent smoke at the end of it all and i dont need to risk gettin my ass arrested cos im having to go out and buy weed, then happy days... yeah Snakelad seems a decent anuff guy, think he just feeling let down by what he has just spent so much money time and effort growing, understandable, id b pissed if i was expecting a pizza n got a kebab, if u get ma drift lol

no offence, just a bit gutted, my journal not long started, not even got a bean in the ground and already so much negativity, and i just hope as with me, that it doesnt put people off the idea of growing autos... breeders have worked hard since the days of lowryder#1 (from joint doctor years ago) to make autos more of a viable and practical option, and to ensure that the variety is out for for ameteur growers like us, and i think from what ive witnessed first hand, they have been succesful on the most part, but of course as with enything, there will still be some bad ones out there, always going to be the case, just hopefully with some research these can be avoided for the most part :thumb::blunt::blunt::blunt::blunt:

Guys,I'm sorry 4 saying auto are crap.I didn't mean 2 offend.I was just trying 2 get u 2 see that they aren't as strong as I thought,but I have been smoking loads an that's were the prob is I'm sure.I'm gona give autos 1 more try,3 diff strains on my next grow,then I'll know 4 sure.there is good autos out there,light addict said barnies pineapple express are very good,an very strong.so I was wrong 2 say all autos are shit,sorry guys:oops:

Apology received and very much accepted Snakey, i just hope you have more luck with your next auto grow, no offence taken, and i will stand by my decision to go down the auto route, and i will at the end of it all put my hands up and admit you were right if thats the way it goes, just think its a shame to write off every single auto based on 1 or 2 plants, as the same could happen with a photoperiod grow aswell, everything could look amazing but u end up with a shit smoke, im sure if u look around you will find journals on here to confirm that...

Thank you for the apology though, and as i say i really hope that your next grow is succesful, if you are buying new beans this weekend buy from https://www.cannabis- seeds- bank.co.uk/ ive put spaces so it not a link, as wen scottish tried putting a link, but this site is where i just bought from and have an awesome freebie giveaway deal until 3pm (GMT) monday, so defo worth it :high-five::thumb:

might look at that site myself if they're delivering to my locality, thanks for the tip.

glad to see everyone getting along. autos aren't for everyone but then neither are photoperiodicals. I just threw an auto into my mix cos it'll be done before the photos and i wanted a quick smoke lol there's a bunch of strains I'm dying to try, some are autos and some aren't, I've a ton on strains bookmarked and im seriously considering surveying the loft as a third grow area just to ramp up production but i have to ask my girlfriend for a borrow of her step ladder as I've never been up there and she's gonna know why I'm suddely interested in going up there after being in this house for so long and never having gone up there, she'll be all like "i don't agree with it but it's your choice" and all that lol

Cheers buddy,will check that out,an 2 be fair ur right about photos,u could very easily grow weak stuff with the wrong beans:blunt::blunt::blunt:

Cheers buddy,will check that out,an 2 be fair ur right about photos,u could very easily grow weak stuff with the wrong beans:blunt::blunt::blunt:

I've seen mixed reports about this lemon kush, it's a photoperiodic strain and could either be fabulous or complete dog shit.

As for my auto, it's in a seperate area, a wardrobe up the stairs. I've seen it said though that autos don't really care if they're flipped to 12/12 and will carry on regardless; I'd like to test the voracity of that claim one day but for now I'll keep them seperate as it is only my first grow.

Back
Top Bottom