Randomandy's Closet Jungle - First Grow

Re: randomandy's closet jungle (or so he hopes) FIRST GROW!! [Auto]

Yeah no that's good.u don't flip them,they just flower themselves.18\6 is the best light,but I'm sure u already know this.I'll pop over 2 ur thread soon:blunt::blunt:

got the auto on the same 18/6 cycle as the photos, whenever i change the photos I'll just leave the auto to it's thing. i hope it lives up to it's name cos I'd love a smoke lol

I've seen mixed reports about this lemon kush, it's a photoperiodic strain and could either be fabulous or complete dog shit.

As for my auto, it's in a seperate area, a wardrobe up the stairs. I've seen it said though that autos don't really care if they're flipped to 12/12 and will carry on regardless; I'd like to test the voracity of that claim one day but for now I'll keep them seperate as it is only my first grow.

Again, its personal perception and preference at work here id say, im a cheese lover, and would defend cheese to my death, but in saying that, its not to everyones taste lol but when i was talking to a mate yesterday and told him that my grows will be mostly cheese, his reply was 'f**ksake y does everyone want cheese all the time, its sh*t theres much better out there and you can choose anything you want if your growing it from seed' Cheese is exactly what id wanty grow, all day every day haha and so the debate began!!

Your in Belfast is that right?? it is a U.K. based company, so delivery to you should be fine, they use Royal Mail for U.K. deliveries, and they do ship worldwide, but deifinitely worth a look, and making the most of the 'May Promo' they have running just now, I was ready to buy my seeds last weekend, and would have had everything up and running by now, with seedlings, but i held off just to get my freebies, worked out i bought 7 Auto seeds, and got 7 freebies 1 is auto, other 6 are all photoperiod and variety of strains...

Im glad the skunk has fared better for you snakey, n as i said, i think it is just down to luck as much as anything, you will have seen in Scoittish' journal that he has already succesfully grown a Fast Bud plant with good results that he was happy with, yet he has another seed of the exact same strain, from the same breeder (possibly out of the same pack!!) yet this one is a mutant, so could even be that the seed u grew from was a throwback to be more ruderalis than was intended, therefore a weaker smoke??

Again, its personal perception and preference at work here id say, im a cheese lover, and would defend cheese to my death, but in saying that, its not to everyones taste lol but when i was talking to a mate yesterday and told him that my grows will be mostly cheese, his reply was 'f**ksake y does everyone want cheese all the time, its sh*t theres much better out there and you can choose anything you want if your growing it from seed' Cheese is exactly what id wanty grow, all day every day haha and so the debate began!!

Your in Belfast is that right?? it is a U.K. based company, so delivery to you should be fine, they use Royal Mail for U.K. deliveries, and they do ship worldwide, but deifinitely worth a look, and making the most of the 'May Promo' they have running just now, I was ready to buy my seeds last weekend, and would have had everything up and running by now, with seedlings, but i held off just to get my freebies, worked out i bought 7 Auto seeds, and got 7 freebies 1 is auto, other 6 are all photoperiod and variety of strains...

Im glad the skunk has fared better for you snakey, n as i said, i think it is just down to luck as much as anything, you will have seen in Scoittish' journal that he has already succesfully grown a Fast Bud plant with good results that he was happy with, yet he has another seed of the exact same strain, from the same breeder (possibly out of the same pack!!) yet this one is a mutant, so could even be that the seed u grew from was a throwback to be more ruderalis than was intended, therefore a weaker smoke??

I can't imagine any two batches of the same strain ever being 100% identical; there will be subtle differences or possibly vast differences. It's a game of chance from what i can see.

the only thing that puts me off Cheese is it's name; if that is any indication as to the taste or the smell... google "cheese is a kind of meat"; you'll see the face of the man that springs to my mind whenever i think of cheese weed lol

I'll definitely have a look at that site, thanks :)

so my beans have arrived and have planted straight into their pots, wet soil, and light on so fingers crossed i start to see couple little head poking out within next 48 hours... when counting the days, i will start when i see the shoots coming out top of the soil i have planted in:

1x Sweet cheese } Sweet Seeds
1x Bige Devil } Sweet Seeds
1x Blue Cheese } Dinafem (this one is a blueberry cheese cross, to hopefully add some variety to my cheeses lol)

I can't imagine any two batches of the same strain ever being 100% identical; there will be subtle differences or possibly vast differences. It's a game of chance from what i can see.

the only thing that puts me off Cheese is it's name; if that is any indication as to the taste or the smell... google "cheese is a kind of meat"; you'll see the face of the man that springs to my mind whenever i think of cheese weed lol

I'll definitely have a look at that site, thanks :)

yeah, the name is in reference to the smell and flavour of the weed, its cheesy :thumb:but has really effects, or so it has in my opinion, its not a couch long, lets just melt away kind of high, instead its a pleasant upbeat feeling, leaves you with some energy, but does make you want to just relax aswell, i find it has ++ effect on sexual appetite and satisfaction, i smoke mainly for meds and works well both as a painkiller for my arthiritic hip (dont take eny of the nasty shit the docs prescribes as cheese does it so well!!) and also helps me maintain an upbeat outlook to life, staving away depression, to me its amazing, but again taste and preferance are key factors!!

now, don't be put off if you don't see any sprouts in 48 hours, took my dry seeds 4 days to sprout. Some people like to do soggy germination for 48 hours before even planting but the thought of that wearies me, so i just plant dry.

I'd say give them a good 7 or 8 days, perhaps longer, before considering them not growing.

I do like the thoughts of "++ sexual appetite", as I'm nearly 30 and to tell you the truth i can't even be arsed with sex anymore; it's too much like exercise... so if a smoke of pot can perk me up I'm sure my girlfriend would appreciate that lol

part of my crop will be going to a friend who has an arthritic hip thing going on and she's tried everything; tramadol, transderm patches, ibuprofen, codeine and all of those together. The weed seems to work for her.

whenyou say plant dry, what do you do?? ive literally wetted up my soil, put my light on and popped seed about 1cm roughly under some soil?? and will continue to just add water to keep nice and moist for next wee while?? yeah i was going to germ on wet tissue in a container, but then its the moving the seedling into the pot that worries me, they are so fragile, and really wouldnt want to end up damaging an of them, so figured straight into the pot minimise any stress :straightface:

but yeah, similar to you, im 28 now, and your right, definitely seems like something you have to do rather than want to do a lot of the time, but the cheese defo seems to help make me want it, partner not so keen at the moment as she is preggers with twins so doesnt have a huge appetite for it atm, and finds it annoying that i do :rolleyes3

yeah, mine has only gotten bad recently, and doc has tried to give me cocodamol and all that, but i dont like them i find i feel like shit after taking them, and feel no better than a junkie for it lol, but smoking weed definitely does help massively, im not a huge smoker by any stretch of the imagination, i smoke about half a gram in the evening couple hours before bed, and that seems to keep my pain well under control... im due a hip replacement, and if i was eny older it would have been done by now, but surgeon says because im under 30 and he has never done one on anyone so young, hes not so keen, and advised i try manage the pain as best i can to postpone needing the op, this is what made partner realise how bad my situation is, and she now see's how much the cannabis actually helps!!
that said, just wish the government, not just in the UK but worldwide, could see the benefits of cannabis and if not legalise, decriminalise it, so we dont have to put ourselves in situation of having to go to drug dealers and pay a fortune for it, or made to feel we are bad people because we choose to grow as an alternative to this :blunt::blunt::blunt::blunt::blunt:

whenyou say plant dry, what do you do?? ive literally wetted up my soil, put my light on and popped seed about 1cm roughly under some soil?? and will continue to just add water to keep nice and moist for next wee while?? yeah i was going to germ on wet tissue in a container, but then its the moving the seedling into the pot that worries me, they are so fragile, and really wouldnt want to end up damaging an of them, so figured straight into the pot minimise any stress :straightface:

but yeah, similar to you, im 28 now, and your right, definitely seems like something you have to do rather than want to do a lot of the time, but the cheese defo seems to help make me want it, partner not so keen at the moment as she is preggers with twins so doesnt have a huge appetite for it atm, and finds it annoying that i do :rolleyes3

yeah, mine has only gotten bad recently, and doc has tried to give me cocodamol and all that, but i dont like them i find i feel like shit after taking them, and feel no better than a junkie for it lol, but smoking weed definitely does help massively, im not a huge smoker by any stretch of the imagination, i smoke about half a gram in the evening couple hours before bed, and that seems to keep my pain well under control... im due a hip replacement, and if i was eny older it would have been done by now, but surgeon says because im under 30 and he has never done one on anyone so young, hes not so keen, and advised i try manage the pain as best i can to postpone needing the op, this is what made partner realise how bad my situation is, and she now see's how much the cannabis actually helps!!
that said, just wish the government, not just in the UK but worldwide, could see the benefits of cannabis and if not legalise, decriminalise it, so we dont have to put ourselves in situation of having to go to drug dealers and pay a fortune for it, or made to feel we are bad people because we choose to grow as an alternative to this :blunt::blunt::blunt::blunt::blunt:

planting dry: i washed and basically sterilized my coir (similar to soil in a lot of ways), watered it, let the run off occur then just made a hole and dropped the seed in (the seed was dry, as opposed to having been soaked overnight etc). then over the next few days i left the plants under the lights to provide the warmth needed for germinstion (basically room temperature) and sprayed the top of the soil with a spray bottle of ph'd water periodically. that seemed to do the trick.

twins? that's going to be fun, are these your first kids? I've got three. Lots of fun. If you're planning on still smoking when they've arrived I'd suggest a strain with an energetic high, very low couch-lock, otherwise you'll not enjoy either the smoking or the parenting lol

yeah so similar to what i have done, except im using a compost lol now there buried though im worrying about the what ifs lol, what if it gets too dry, what if it gets too wet, what if too near the surface, what if it too deep lol im a worrier, and wont settle now until i see there little heads poke from above the surface and i know all is well, so i hope its not as long as a week lol ill b a nervous wreck by time they show through hahaha... ive not PH'd my water tho :s think this will cause me massive probs?? where i live is soft water, no limescale at all or enything like that so just hoped and assumed all would be ok??

no i have a 7 and 8 yr old step kids, and my son is 14 months just about with the twins due late july lol so me and partner defo have our hands full lol and its been decidedalready that because my youngest son has basically attached hiself to mummy, that i will be dealing with most responsibility of the twins, who are both girls it seems :s haha, cheese isnt too energetic, but does give a nice lift, and thinking i may have to go down the route of edibles more than smoking when twins arrive lol cos im not one to smoke around young kids, and will find very little time to get away for a smoke lol...

yeah so similar to what i have done, except im using a compost lol now there buried though im worrying about the what ifs lol, what if it gets too dry, what if it gets too wet, what if too near the surface, what if it too deep lol im a worrier, and wont settle now until i see there little heads poke from above the surface and i know all is well, so i hope its not as long as a week lol ill b a nervous wreck by time they show through hahaha... ive not PH'd my water tho :s think this will cause me massive probs?? where i live is soft water, no limescale at all or enything like that so just hoped and assumed all would be ok??

no i have a 7 and 8 yr old step kids, and my son is 14 months just about with the twins due late july lol so me and partner defo have our hands full lol and its been decidedalready that because my youngest son has basically attached hiself to mummy, that i will be dealing with most responsibility of the twins, who are both girls it seems :s haha, cheese isnt too energetic, but does give a nice lift, and thinking i may have to go down the route of edibles more than smoking when twins arrive lol cos im not one to smoke around young kids, and will find very little time to get away for a smoke lol...

I've a son of 8 and two girls 4 and 1, they're little madames n'all but I'm sure the worst will come when they're teenagers. Im looking forward to when my son thinks it's ok to hide pot in his bedroom, where i will find it, confiscate it and smoke it lol

you will worry a lot, it's your first grow, I'm exactly the same.
I'm worrying about mould and bugs and all kinds of things.

Really not sure about your pH thing tbh, there is a really cheap pH testing kit on amazon that I've been using that works well enough and i got the ph up and ph down for about 2.50 each at my local grow shop, might be worthwhile grabbing something?

As for edibles, be careful with those with the kids about... the right cookie in the wrong place... lol

haha well my 7 year old is my step daughter, and thats her all over, demanding and a right wee madam lol but knows how to flutter the eyelashes and act all innocent to get what she wants lol but yeah the whole finding there weed confiscating to smoke has to b one of the upshots when they get to teenage years :tokin:

yeah, think i may just have a wee look on eBay and get something ordered, guess its better to be safe than sorry, was looking at and going to get a hygrometer aswell, but my bro Scottish has one and says he doesnt really find it all that useful?? i dont really have any grow shops near me, so everything for my grow comes from the net enyway, and thats where 420 comes in soooo handy, no local experts in a local shop or enything, so instead i come on here and everyone seems to be soooo helpful and friendly ...

haha wish ma kids did have some edibles sometimes, they seem to just get soooo hyped up and energetic out of nowhere lol and usually tends to be when my and partner want to just chill out and unwind lol :p

my oldest daughter confessed to that she doesn't like to see me sleeping and that's why she has to wake me up and prevent me from kipping on the couch during the day.

The hygrometer is just a small thermometer that does humidity aswell, I'm sure the more expensive ones will give more info and better readings but i got mine for a tenner, free delivery and takes the same batteries as the CMOS backup on a PCs motherboard, and I've loads of those about. it does the job mostly. got it off amazon.

yeah i know what it does, and its one of those pieces of kit that i thought would be essential, but after speakinng with my bro scottish, he has sed that in all honesty he doesnt really use it or look at it, as the plantstend to be quite honest with you and they kinda tell you if everything is ok, so again just kinda going at it without and see how i progress, worst case i have eyeballed a cheapy one on ebay for about a 5er free postage lol so if needed as i progress, its no effort to get one :D

yeah kids are great, they are too honest with you sometimes aswell, unfortunately i dont get a chance to fall asleep on the couch with ma tribe running around lol if its not 1 its another lol so contantly kept on my toes, thats y i only smoke a small amount in the evening after the kids have all gone to bed and giving me peace to chill out and enjoy lol...

Thanks random someone will pop up now explaining how rh can cause bud mould etc etc to some people there hygro is essential its just with me and my grow I bought it and it sits on my floor in the tent the airbourne moisture (RH) is above the light I have no fan blowing it into my buds I just simply dry my roof of the tent when I go in and give everywhere a wipe dry as I'm sure you will be doing too altho I would like to add that autos aren't really suscepptable to bud rot u would have to soak them really they are a hardy breed... Congrats on seeds random you needn't have worried about harming as she comes out of seed there little tap is really quite hard and strong and overwatered :rofl: you can germ in a glass of water the wetter the better I have found with these seeds I've germed what 12seeds now 100% rate try not to worry there hardy lil things that shortrider I got she was put out in very cold wet conditions outdoors for 2weeks before I rescued the 4 and look at her now sadly her sister where put back outside and am unaware of there fate but autos can take a beating :bong:

Thanks random someone will pop up now explaining how rh can cause bud mould etc etc to some people there hygro is essential its just with me and my grow I bought it and it sits on my floor in the tent the airbourne moisture (RH) is above the light I have no fan blowing it into my buds I just simply dry my roof of the tent when I go in and give everywhere a wipe dry as I'm sure you will be doing too altho I would like to add that autos aren't really suscepptable to bud rot u would have to soak them really they are a hardy breed... Congrats on seeds random you needn't have worried about harming as she comes out of seed there little tap is really quite hard and strong and overwatered :rofl: you can germ in a glass of water the wetter the better I have found with these seeds I've germed what 12seeds now 100% rate try not to worry there hardy lil things that shortrider I got she was put out in very cold wet conditions outdoors for 2weeks before I rescued the 4 and look at her now sadly her sister where put back outside and am unaware of there fate but autos can take a beating :bong:

good to know; about autos being able to take a beating, I'm looking to grow some hardy strains on my next grow as i don't fancy having to mollycoddle plants lol

As for the hygro, a lot of people don't really need it, i only got mine cos i kinda knew my grow cupboard was gonna get warm and wanted to know just how warm it was gonna get. Humidity can make your plants go mouldy but I'd imagine you'd need to do something daft to have your grow room humidity really high, like put it somewhere with damp in the walls or leave a lot of loose water about the room.

good to know; about autos being able to take a beating, I'm looking to grow some hardy strains on my next grow as i don't fancy having to mollycoddle plants lol

As for the hygro, a lot of people don't really need it, i only got mine cos i kinda knew my grow cupboard was gonna get warm and wanted to know just how warm it was gonna get. Humidity can make your plants go mouldy but I'd imagine you'd need to do something daft to have your grow room humidity really high, like put it somewhere with damp in the walls or leave a lot of loose water about the room.

I'd recommend anything from sweetseeds 3rd Gen but autos really can take a lot should've done a same strain as the one in the cupboard in the blueroom she should be roughly same 12/12 maybe helping better cbn/thc? :bong:

it is handy to know the temps of the room at various points of the day i used my hygro to choose when to turn my lights on and off as its in a airy loft space so can get really cold or ridiculusly hot but that's the thermometer as you say would have to be silly to not realize its rather humid in the veg days when the tent was closed up i would walk in and feel it straight away but as the buds formed and i opened passive intake and switched to hot bulbs i could feel it clear you don't need fancy gizmos for nature :bong:

I'd recommend anything from sweetseeds 3rd Gen but autos really can take a lot should've done a same strain as the one in the cupboard in the blueroom she should be roughly same 12/12 maybe helping better cbn/thc? :bong:

it is handy to know the temps of the room at various points of the day i used my hygro to choose when to turn my lights on and off as its in a airy loft space so can get really cold or ridiculusly hot but that's the thermometer as you say would have to be silly to not realize its rather humid in the veg days when the tent was closed up i would walk in and feel it straight away but as the buds formed and i opened passive intake and switched to hot bulbs i could feel it clear you don't need fancy gizmos for nature :bong:

yeah a lot of the time you can almost taste the humidity. a good indicator is if the inside of your nostrils feels moist, then it's humid, and if they're bone dry then it's arid. my son would know all about that with all the nose picking he does lol

i wanted to try photoperiodic strains first cos they're harder and i need a steep learning curve to get me into it, if it's too easy it gets boring... like when i used cheats on GTA San Andreas and then never ever finished it lol

opened the door this morning, only to see Big Devil, on the surface :s (she was under, maybe not as far as i thought though, with tap root poen out her arse :D so it begins lol 1 started so far :D that was the seed i placed directly under light yesterday (middle pot) so prob got the benefit of the better warmth there?? so just added more water to them all (had light off last night between about 9 and 9 this morning as only germinating the now enyway??

lol i wasnt suggesting to the world that you dont bother at all with your hygro, just saying about it being one of those pieces of kits that you could convince yourself you need, like so many other bits and bobs, and it turns out it isnt as important as important as ud first imagined lol i dont have one and prob wont use one, will just play by ear this grow, as you sed autos tend to fairly resistant to moulds and the such, and mycos i believe help a plant with reisistance to certain things like that ainc bugs and that aswell?? so hopefully should be all good in the hood..

Will put a wee pic of ma wee tap root on just shortly...

opened the door this morning, only to see Big Devil, on the surface :s (she was under, maybe not as far as i thought though, with tap root poen out her arse :D so it begins lol 1 started so far :D that was the seed i placed directly under light yesterday (middle pot) so prob got the benefit of the better warmth there?? so just added more water to them all (had light off last night between about 9 and 9 this morning as only germinating the now enyway??

lol i wasnt suggesting to the world that you dont bother at all with your hygro, just saying about it being one of those pieces of kits that you could convince yourself you need, like so many other bits and bobs, and it turns out it isnt as important as important as ud first imagined lol i dont have one and prob wont use one, will just play by ear this grow, as you sed autos tend to fairly resistant to moulds and the such, and mycos i believe help a plant with reisistance to certain things like that ainc bugs and that aswell?? so hopefully should be all good in the hood..

Will put a wee pic of ma wee tap root on just shortly...

one thing i regret buying; ph up. my ph starts high, comes down with nutes and then is ph down'd the rest of the way. i have absolutely no use for ph up.

yeah, thats the thing, i think everyones grow and set up is different, and tbf if we all rushed out and bought everythhing that people on these forums say they use or need hell our grows would prob cost doublewhat they already do lol... but definitely feel a lot better this morning for seeing the wee girl dipping her toe in the soil :D :D nice and early!! not even been in the soil 24 hrs yet, just hope the other 2 arent too far behind her now :thumb:;);););)

Edit: just to confirm what Scottish had previously said about sweet seeds and generation, the seed that has popped and has tap root is a sweet Seeds Seed, not sure of generation, but defo a few down the line as they have also got a #2 of the strain and also an XL version (i just bought a single #1) so sweet seeds id say as it stands from what i have seen 1st hand aswell, is a good option to start with autos :)

Back
Top Bottom