Well pro mix buffers the ph anyway. I never look at my soil grow ph either. Hydro has been a bit tricky. I don’t think I soaked the clay pebbles long enough so they kept bringing up the ph. I think I have it sorted now but that was a bit annoying. Now I have the rest of the bag soaking in water to avoid that in the future.

Well pro mix buffers the ph anyway. I never look at my soil grow ph either. Hydro has been a bit tricky. I don’t think I soaked the clay pebbles long enough so they kept bringing up the ph. I think I have it sorted now but that was a bit annoying. Now I have the rest of the bag soaking in water to avoid that in the future.
I think I will try a hempy grow first, before I get into the DWC style with all the added cost of materials. Not that it's expensive, just hempy can be done at anytime now.

The blue Dream are already starting to push out nodes. The mother plant was a beast and a very fast grower. Hopefully the WWs can attempt to keep up.
8A19A784-9454-42C4-8D6E-627C1ED15DBF.jpeg

The underside is where you want to hit with the spray. On top you start to block the light with the powder. The bugs are down under anyway.

• 4 tablespoons of diatomaceous earth into a one-gallon container of water with a lid the seals tightly. Screw the lid on and shake vigorously until the DE dissolves into the water.
  • Fill a spray bottle or garden pump sprayer with the mixture.
  • Spray the plants with a fine mist until they are wet but not dripping. Spray the undersides of leaves too.
  • Allow the plants to dry. As the water evaporates the DE is left behind as a protective barrier which adheres to the plant’s leaves and stems.

From here:

I always change the Rez once a week. Prevents a lot of issues in the long run.
It had only been a couple days but since I didn’t rinse and precharge the clay good enough it was very scungy and the plant looked sad. Now we are in line with less ppm(at 600 it kept climbing.) I just get concerned about the air stone raising the ph but since switching to GH ph down I think it is more stable. I will check after work.

So I know we had this discussion before but now that I am using DWC buckets with air stones the fact that the air stone rises the ph in my water is very annoying. Adjusted this morning to 5.68 it rose to 6.4 while I was at work. The other pale I ph adjusted that is just sitting out has a stable ph. of 5.8 still. I think she’d said he experienced this ph climb with an air stone. Can others confirm this? Do you think I should just adjust my ph to 4.5 and let the air Bring it up? Or pre air stone a bucket with nutes the day before res change and adjust it right before switch? Either way the plant looks better with a clean res. She is at least trying to pray but I can see the ph swing in her.

I've never grown DWC but pushing air though water will raise the pH over time. More air, faster pH rise. This may be a stupid question but can you just recirc the water without pumping air through it?
Yes you can with a water pump but that is more expensive than air. Other people say you are crazy when you tell them air raises the ph. I want to test with ro or distilled water.

Read somewhere that air stones do not increase ph of pure water. It’s only from off gassing c02. Therefore the increase should only go on until the equation from the gas exchange balances.

I will test this. I have a dual diaphragm air pump showing up with 4 control-able valves. When it gets here we will do science until this is confirmed
156D215F-9F08-453A-A0F6-52BF2A712724.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom