danielw1989

got quite a lot of red stems no main stems any advice?
DSC_013029.JPG
DSC_013125.JPG

I don't see any signs of deficiency in your leaves. Red stems show up in some strains when the plant matures, when the weather gets too hot or cools down below 70 F, the kind of nutes, etc. It's how the genetics reacts to different growing conditions.

Red stems are nothing to worry about. My OGK is all green. My Bubblelicious has red petioles (leaf stems).

Yea cooler temps will bring purple like this.if not that or there is not blue or purple in the gentic.then she is telling u she wants some calmag;)

Red petioles...the little round spot where the leave attaches to the leave stem, will begin to redden as one of the first signs of mag deficiency. If it is a mag deficiency you will often see a "drawstring" effect on the tips of your newer growth right before the petiole starts to go pink. This would be a tip that is pulling left or right (not curling up or down, actually bending left or right). I do not see any drawstring on you newer growth. If it were me, I would make sure I gave some calmag and if the newer growth ends up with red stems you can be reasonably certain that it is just a characteristic of the strain.

Red petioles...the little round spot where the leave attaches to the leave stem, will begin to redden as one of the first signs of mag deficiency. If it is a mag deficiency you will often see a "drawstring" effect on the tips of your newer growth right before the petiole starts to go pink. This would be a tip that is pulling left or right (not curling up or down, actually bending left or right). I do not see any drawstring on you newer growth. If it were me, I would make sure I gave some calmag and if the newer growth ends up with red stems you can be reasonably certain that it is just a characteristic of the strain.

Not to highjack this thread but I wonder if this is considered the "drawstring" you speak of? Mine is a Bianca and has lots of red new stems but I figured it was just the strain. I only see about 3 leaves total like this.

Drawstring_.jpg

If you only have 3 leaves out of all the leaves you have that are distorted, Don't worry. Nature is seldom perfect, and abnormalities show up, for no particular reason that we puny humans can understand. If the distorted leaves bother your sense of order, just trim them off. It's what I do! :Namaste:

Not to highjack this thread but I wonder if this is considered the "drawstring" you speak of? Mine is a Bianca and has lots of red new stems but I figured it was just the strain. I only see about 3 leaves total like this.

Drawstring_.jpg

That is the effect. The drawstring is actually caused by calcium deficiency, which usually precedes mag deficiency. Calcium is an immobile element and cannot be borrowed from the lower leaves. You see calcium deficiency in the newer growth. It drawstrings, then can actually turn the leaf upside down. Magnesium is a mobile element. When the new growth needs it, the plant will take it from the lower leaves. When I see a drawstring starting on my newer growth, I generally treat with cal mag because the magnesium deficiency is close behind.
But......But I also agree with AK. Your medium may have adequate amounts of everything and you still get an abnormality. This particular leaf may slept in on the day the calcium was handed out, or may have been acted on by something completely unrelated. You also need to consider the overall look and health of the plant. You have much newer growth on the plant that is perfectly straight, so whatever hooked this particular leaf was not a problem beyond it.

I attached a couple of pages. These are scanned so hopefully they are clear.

cal_def.jpg
mag_def_001.jpg

Them leafs show a defiency.notice the dark green lines and lighter in colour inbetween. Should be the same colour all over dark green.sign of a healthy lady.could be a lock out .id say its nitrogen defiency;) best of luck

100% agree. Petioles Should remain green until late in flower. Green petioles are a sign of good health.

+Reps for sharing the love...

Them leafs show a defiency.notice the dark green lines and lighter in colour inbetween. Should be the same colour all over dark green.sign of a healthy lady.could be a lock out .id say its nitrogen defiency;) best of luck

You talking to me? If so, I hope that's just the effect the LED and my phone causes. I'll be adding some newer photos soon to my journal if you would like to see the leaves under more favorable lighting conditions. :)

sorry for late response thanks guys settled my nerves abit. they do look healthy just never seen the stems this red before.
Its blown mind autos under 200w hps temps going from 21 -30c throughout the day usual at about 25c. i'll post some other pics today.
and probs get some calmag soon thanks again

Back
Top Bottom