Redloh's Indoor Soil Cali OG Kush/Haze Grow Journal - First Grow - 2017

Peeked in on the big girls tonight and a couple of Lefty buds were starting to lean over hard. So I ordered some yoyos that will be here Friday and tied the 2 worse ones up to make do til they get here. Figure if a few are leaning now they will all need support soon..
420-magazine-mobile1366186030.jpg

Also noticed Righteous is swelling up like crazy. Still all white pistils too where Lefty is about 50/50 now... Here's a side by side today at +45 from flip. One of the Lefty leaners and a fatty Righteous.

420-magazine-mobile872142367.jpg

Righteous seemed to be the stronger in veg, but lagging behind this whole time in flower. Until these last few days.
420-magazine-mobile132151956.jpg

Starting to pack on the trichs and the swelling is crazy. That buds like 3x fatter now than the biggest lefty bud!

The smell is real now too. I could smell it before but didn't realize just how strong it would get. I'm sure it will only get worse... Er, better I should say as we get closer. Filters seem to be working when the tents closed though!

Very nice Red! And damn where the hell do you live? Australia? Whenever I see an alert that you posted it's like 2:00-4:00 AM. But maybe you're like me and it's technically "daytime" at night!

Very nice Red! And damn where the hell do you live? Australia? Whenever I see an alert that you posted it's like 2:00-4:00 AM. But maybe you're like me and it's technically "daytime" at night!
Lol I'm just a nightowl. I am deep in the deserts of Arizona! These desert temps are probably like Austrailia though lol

Yes and similar to me probably but I'm an hour in front of you on CST and starting to get a little sticky here. Bout to have to get creative with my attic grow even tho I built an insulated room up there I'm soaked walking the 20' to get to my makeshift door!

All is chugging along well here. That "swollen calyx" in this pic looks like a seed. Is there a chance of pollen in here?

420-magazine-mobile1294525691.jpg
I thought it looked like a seed too because they are not all swelling like that, just a few on the lower growth of Righteous in the same area.

Now that I'm thinking about it, when I chopped that auto I had outside, I saw a tiny little flower on it. I plucked it off before I brought it in to wash and trim, but must have brought in some pollen that way. That sucks. Hopefully righteous it isn't swelling up because it's filled with seeds!

There were no seeds in the auto though, and the flower I took off wasn't attached, it looked like a dead flower from the tree above it...

Anyway, It seems to be contained to a small area, and not seeing anything on Lefty so hopefully I didn't ruin the whole crop with a rookie mistake!

Your knocking it out of the park man! I have 3 out of four popped through the soil today and am waiting for the fourth. You sir are an inspiration.
Thank you stone! You're too kind sir. I'm just a man with some dirt, some beans, and a little ol' dream... Best of luck with your ladies amigo. Treat them well and they will do the same for you!

UPDATE DAY 49 SINCE FLIP
420-magazine-mobile673519408.jpg

Finishing up week 7 of flower and heading into the home stretch. Both girls will get fed one more time this week and depending on what the trichs look like at the end of week 8, it may be their last meal. I feel like Righteous will end up going a week or 2 longer, but I don't know.

Leftys pistils are 50/50 amber now and she reeks a little more everyday. Such a sweet aroma! And the frost is caked on. I couldn't be happier with her.

Here's a side shot of Lefty
420-magazine-mobile1581533371.jpg

Lefty top shot
420-magazine-mobile1651481376.jpg

Lefty Buds
420-magazine-mobile1358777668.jpg

420-magazine-mobile92499024.jpg

Leftys secondary lower mini canopy
420-magazine-mobile940613565.jpg

Righteous is still doing her thing. There's only like 10 amber pistils on the whole plant and she seems to be putting on mass still and filling out so I guess she's just taking her time. Some of her bigger fans aren't looking too good and starting to yellow again, I don't know what she's missing, or getting too much of. Doesn't seem to be too critical though so not too worried.

Here's a side shot of Righteous
420-magazine-mobile17930349.jpg

Top shot righteous
420-magazine-mobile1241280528.jpg

Righteous buds
420-magazine-mobile893322353.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1264400859.jpg

420-magazine-mobile270732204.jpg

And here's a side by side of a lefty and righteous bud
420-magazine-mobile885657219.jpg

Hey david, thanks amigo. I want to flush for at least 2 weeks. I figure they'll get one more feeding here during week 8, and after that just water through week 9 and 10, then chop at the end of wk 10. So for now I'm tentatively scheduling the chop for July 10th.

I flushed those little autos I harvested for only a week and they are a bit harsh, and burn a little black... Don't think I got all the chems out

Cool. Yeah I'd recommend 2 weeks just according to what I've read but obviously no experience with it. I'm partial to the Sativa effect in my buzz, so plan on flushing for 2 weeks as soon as I get some amber triches. Just peeked in on them been gone for 3 days and it's crazy what they've done while I was gone. Buds have doubled in size I believe. If they do that shit for another 3 weeks I will have some King Kong arms to chop through!! Good luck finishing up will be in toucj

Well, I wanted to wait til the end of week 8 to check trichs, but I checked in on them tonight and Lefty had one of her little lower buds lopped all the way over. It was in a hard place to try to tie up so I just clipped it.
420-magazine-mobile1083453946.jpg

Got a shot of the trichs also under the microscope
420-magazine-mobile1801106288.jpg

My hand isn't steady enough to take a pic of the closer magnification, but this still gives ya a good idea. Super frosty and leaves your fingers oily then sticky smelling of dank musky sweet fruit with a hint of cat piss. It's lovely.

The trichs on this lower bud that didn't get much light at all are 50/50 clear/milky spotting only 2 that were just a bit amber. Guessing the fatty upper buds are probably mostly milky but we will see on Monday! For now I'm going to dry out this tester nug for a few days and get some preliminary ideas of what we're getting here.

On a sad note. I did find 2 seeds on this branch so somehow I foxed up and pollinated them. That sucks, but certainly doesn't seem like a total loss. There seems to be a nice fat bud there, only 1 seed in the top and 1 down lower, so maybe just a little pollen. Definitely a learning experience though.

Maybe but I've found a "random" seed in my bought bud before and only 1 or so in the entire bag (1 oz), so maybe could be a strain thing without pollinating them?? I'm certainly no botanist, but I'd think that it'd be more than just 1 or 2 on the entire plant if pollinated. Looking good tho. My girls got Week 6 flower nutes on Tuesday + 1/4t of ChaChing. Frost and weight are getting packed on so I'm pumped!! Got a package from the Gorilla on Monday ordered 5 Diesel Autos and 5 Sugar Mama Autos I'm anxious to try when these ladies finish up....

Right on! The Gorilla was a good ordering experience for me, will definitely be back.

It could be a strain thing with the seeds possibly. I only chopped the one branch though, and it's a tiny one, maybe an 8th, that had 2 seeds in it. I'm guessing I'll find more when I chop the rest, but not to worried about it. I've done a pretty thorough inspection and only see about 10 visible seedpods between both plants so it shouldn't be too bad. Woke up this morning and my room reeks from this tiny little branch drying in my closet though!

Enjoy. Let me know how she tastes although obviously will just get better with a proper cure time. I'll be excited for a little tester here in a couple weeks myself. Day 40 today bout to go home and sneak a few pics before lights out at noon. Really haven't even seen them much since I fed them on Tuesday, that Jerry-rigged A/C has it to where I don't have to worry with them too much!! Think I will give another good defoil in a couple days, then I just hope to have to tie up colas when they get too heavy the rest of the way. Bought some Sledgehammer im going to add to watering on Sunday to flush out some of the salt build-up on roots. Supposed to be a good flushing agent

I thought about getting the sledgehammer but since I'm switching to Docs soil next run figured I'd save some money and just flush with RO water. I've been real lucky with Lefty but Righteous has been real finicky through flower and has something going on with her fans. Probably lockout or salt buildup, I don't know.
420-magazine-mobile1713431912.jpg

Brown spots, yellowing and drying out toward the tips. Seems like extreme nute burn... I was going to feed them one more time this week but decided against it and am just flushing from here. She has a more sour musk odor compared to Leftys sweet musk aroma, and I wonder if it's the nute/issues that are making her smell more sour. I mentioned I caught a hint of cat piss in there, but that is all from Righteous, Lefty doesn't have that. Anyway, all my ramblings really are just to say I think sledgehammer will be a good add for ya!

Back
Top Bottom