Redloh's Indoor Soil Cali OG Kush/Haze Grow Journal - First Grow - 2017

Those pics are actually from last night. My phone died in the middle of taking pics so I just said screw it and decided to post them today. I'll take some more after lights on today and try to get some good color shots so you can see the frost and their different hues better. Lefty almost has a bluish hue to her where Righteous is vivid green. I swear these seem like different strains...

Update day 29 since flip.

Here's some shots with the lights off to get some idea of their true colors and frost
420-magazine-mobile1226321261.jpg

And couple of shots of a lefty bud and righteous bud side by side
420-magazine-mobile1118630779.jpg

420-magazine-mobile71721949.jpg

Lefty bud
420-magazine-mobile227864562.jpg

Righteous bud
420-magazine-mobile1085836891.jpg

Thank you! Don't be too modest though Mr. A. You have some fine looking ladies there! Even though she's stubborn, that chocoloco looks pretty tasty!

So I finally heard back from Seedsman today. No details of what was actually sent, and no apologies or explanations... Just that my package was shipped out today. We'll see what shows up, and I'll update with what they sent me. I'm so sad I can't get those GDP seeds for my second run, but did get some pretty good stuff over the last week!

From the Gorilla I ordered:
5 Bomb Seeds Killer Purps Fems
5 Auto Seeds Trans Siberian Auto Fems

They gave me 4 freebies:
2 Critical Mass Collective Auto Sour Melon Mass
1 Critical Mass Collective Auto Masszar
1 unbranded Auto Lemon Kush
420-magazine-mobile1026812227.jpg

From Neptune I ordered:
10 reg In House Genetics Grand Double Purple (kens gdp x Purple hulk)

They gave me 7 freebies:
2 fem In House Genetics Forum Girl Scout Cookies S1

5 beans, not sure if fem or reg(assuming reg) from Bred by 42 of a strain called China Town Hustle. Looked it up, couldn't find any info. Interesting.
420-magazine-mobile406444701.jpg

Shiggity posted something about a memorial day special BOG was having, so had to order 3 packs from them too lol. Lifesaver, Sour Boggle, and Sweet Cindy. They aren't here yet so no pics but I will post when they come in.

I still have a bunch of my CKS beans, plus what I just got from Gorilla and Neptune, plus whatever Seedsman ends up sending, plus the 3 packs coming from BOG.... I may have overstocked... I need to start looking at moving so I can dedicate some rooms instead of some tents!

That Chocoloco tries my patience, I came so close to pulling her today. I get fed up just looking at her. I admit the others do look nice, starting to fade now tho.

Wow I haven't seen anyone grow the Chocoloco before that is cool. I put one in to germinate a while back but it never took and unfortunately I had only ordered one. I really wanted to try it I love chocolate. Do you have any pics of her Mr Am4zin?

Wow I haven't seen anyone grow the Chocoloco before that is cool. I put one in to germinate a while back but it never took and unfortunately I had only ordered one. I really wanted to try it I love chocolate. Do you have any pics of her Mr Am4zin?
He has a journal on here with some pics of her and the rest of his stable of beautiful babes. In some nice little spaces too! I use the app so I can't see anyone's signature, but if you click on his name you can see his posts and it's his latest journal, Onwards and Upwards with Mr. A.

Awesome genetics and nice garden redloh. The seed addiction is real trust me. I'm on seed bank websites daily because the there are so many good ones now. I'm definitely late bt subbed. Will be taking notes and checking out new genetics I'm sure!

Hey Jgrow, thanks for joining up for the ride and welcome. The seed addiction has definitely crept up on me, I was good for 2 months after my first order but placed 4 in the last month! Oh well, I'm good and stocked up now with some exciting prospects. Glad to have you here bud!

Lefty is still looking absolutely wonderful while Righteous struggles along. Righteous has slow bud development comparatively, and still has some curling of the leaves, not much yellowing or any dying off though...

Righteous
420-magazine-mobile1346105701.jpg

Lefty
420-magazine-mobile1016107678.jpg

So the more I've thought about it I think maybe the tower fan being so close is stressing her out. She's the one closer to the fan, and although it is always oscillating on the lowest setting, it blows pretty hard on the closest leaves/branches.

So I switched up and pulled out the tower fan and put in 2 small 8" oscillating fans in the floor slightly angled up, alternating their oscillation.
420-magazine-mobile1048865609.jpg

The overall airflow is more even and everything moves and sways around like there's a nice gentle breeze flowing.

My concern is that there will be too much airflow now on the pots and it could cool the roots too much or cause them to dry too fast. The temps have actually dropped a few degrees with these 2 smaller fans instead of the tower fan. Down by the pots the temps are around 72-74 and up by the canopy 78-80.

Anyway, if you think this might be too much airflow on the pots, let me know. I put them in yesterday and will see how the ladies look today at lights on and report back.

Started flushing a couple of the autos the beginning of this week.

This one smells of blueberry and hash. Spindly, airy buds but some decent frost and very appealing aroma.
420-magazine-mobile1037973877.jpg

420-magazine-mobile810918444.jpg

This one is the outside one I thought was a male back when it first started flowering. Seems to have a nice density and smells of sour lemon skunky goodness with some pretty good frost.
420-magazine-mobile1708120914.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1953915815.jpg

This one has been the best performing of the bunch and is in its 4th week of flower. Doesn't smell much yet but starting to get some trichs.
420-magazine-mobile1953560300.jpg

420-magazine-mobile468461580.jpg

Not seeing any I'll effects from the change up in fans with the photo girls. They've been thirsty every 4 days like clockwork and were watered just before the fan switch. Doesn't seem to be drying out quicker. If anything I'd say it's an overall benefit. 2 smaller fans has actually improved the airflow and dropped the canopy temps about 2 degrees vs the single tower fan.

Probably just wishful thinking but Righteous seems like she plumped up a bit since yesterday lol. Gave them a nice trim also, not much from Lefty but quite a bit from Righteous to get some better light penetration to the lower bud sites. Tomorrow is their 35th day since flip, so I'll post some pics of what should be their halfwayish point.

PHOTO GIRLS UPDATE - DAY 35 SINCE FLIP

CKS Cali OG Kush/Haze
9-10 weeks per CKS so should be the halfwayish point. Lefty seems to be on track to finish quicker but it's my first rodeo so not sure what to expect. We will see.

Top Shot
420-magazine-mobile2061056854.jpg

Lefty Buds
420-magazine-mobile1493673278.jpg

Lefty Bud
420-magazine-mobile1088916342.jpg

Lefty Side Shot
420-magazine-mobile870137943.jpg

Righteous Buds
420-magazine-mobile1977929385.jpg

Righteous Bud
420-magazine-mobile267404492.jpg

Righteous Side Shot
420-magazine-mobile1108857618.jpg

Lefty and Righteous buds side by side
420-magazine-mobile210948805.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1351631201.jpg

Everything seems to be going along smoothly. Still just following the basic fox farm trio schedule and adding about 4ml of calmag, a tsp of molasses, and using the 2 part Z7 at .5 ml per gal. Also got the smallest container of cha ching to give them from here on out to maybe boost their trich production.

All in all I'm pretty stoked with the way things are looking. I thought my patience was tested in Veg but that was nothing compared to now. I'm itching everyday for lights on so I can peek in and see what's up, and get a whiff of that sweet stinky goodness!

Until next time...

Looking good Red. I'm about home been gone for 2 days anxious to look in on my sleeping girls with the green light! Today day 21 Flower
Thanks David. Yea it's tough to leave them alone. When I'm away from home for awhile I feel anxious like I have to get back and make sure they're ok. I was gone for 3 hours to go see a movie the other night and was getting fidgety toward the end like is this ever going to be over, I have to go make sure my girls are ok! I'm sure that will fade once I have this run under my belt though, hopefully.

You're a brave soul going in during sleepy time! I know green light is safe but I'm too worried to even attempt it. I just torture myself until the timer flips on.

Back
Top Bottom