Redloh's Indoor Soil Cali OG Kush/Haze Grow Journal - First Grow - 2017

Leftys arm were much longer so in order to keep them relatively the same height as Righteous I had to really spread them out. There was a bunch of open space in the middle so I didn't trim much off of her at all underneath, just some shade fans.
420-magazine-mobile1629106631.jpg

And a side shot shot of one of her arms in the front
420-magazine-mobile1028242500.jpg

Probably too early to tell, but how/when do you know if the buds look dense vs. airy?

How far apart is considered tight nodal spacing?

All in all, how do these look at day 21 from the flip? To me, they look good, but my first time so I don't know!

Hey Red! Your plants are looking pretty great. I'm sure you will get some nice buds from them. Great training on them! Congrats on finding Doc and pulling the trigger, you will not regret it. If you have not already subbed to Duggans journal and other DBHBB journals, I highly reccomend it. Duggan and many other have been a great resource, they're such a welcoming group. Duggan highly reccomends Green Crack from Crop King Seeds and I'm sure Nismo and Shiggity flip have some great genetics suggestions in their journals. I'm still pretty new, I didn't grow it in Doc's soil but Carnival is a great daytime, happy go lucky strain.

I look forward to seeing what you can do with the kit.:high-five:

Here is the auto tent.
420-magazine-mobile130238760.jpg

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or they're just this small usually but they seem tiny to me.

The best one of the bunch ironically is the one I thought was male and put outside. It looks like I might get a quarter​ or so off it, is pretty frosty, and smells sweet and lemony. Here she is
420-magazine-mobile2068319851.jpg

The other two that have been flowering for about 4 weeks now in the tent are small.

This one smells like coffee and skunk, has some decent frost, but so airy looking
420-magazine-mobile1850754650.jpg

This one has no smell but looks to be a bit more dense.
420-magazine-mobile652608799.jpg

This one I topped at 2 weeks and it just started flowering a week ago. It looks to have the potential to put out a bit of a better yield.
420-magazine-mobile1973540058.jpg

And this was the very first auto I planted (along with the one outside), still no signs of flower almost 8 weeks in! Must be a photo...
420-magazine-mobile2104405326.jpg

I have a surviving clone of Lefty so thinking I'll throw that in a 3 gal, let it veg while these autos finish up, then put this auto that is really a photo with the Lefty clone and run them in the 3x3. Before I flip, I can take a few clones to start my high brix journey with in the 60x30! That way I don't have to pop any more seeds until I feel confident I can get the results I'm looking for.

Hey Red! Your plants are looking pretty great. I'm sure you will get some nice buds from them. Great training on them! Congrats on finding Doc and pulling the trigger, you will not regret it. If you have not already subbed to Duggans journal and other DBHBB journals, I highly reccomend it. Duggan and many other have been a great resource, they're such a welcoming group. Duggan highly reccomends Green Crack from Crop King Seeds and I'm sure Nismo and Shiggity flip have some great genetics suggestions in their journals. I'm still pretty new, I didn't grow it in Doc's soil but Carnival is a great daytime, happy go lucky strain.

I look forward to seeing what you can do with the kit.:high-five:

Thanks ween! I intend to start following a few more brixers here soon. I lurk a lot, but don't feel I know enough about what's going on to productively chime in yet lol. I'm still working my way through the "in the lab" thread and almost caught up! I'm not even going to try to read the whole Q&A thread, over 15k now lol! Just have to skim that one.

I know I've seen Duggan in the thread quite a bit and will definitely stop over and introduce myself. I already follow Nis and Shiggs, damnit! Now I'm hooked on learning to building my own light! Hmmm, quantum or COB lol!

I was surprised the training turned out as well as it did. My initial intention was to scrog, but didn't end up happening. I'm hoping to just get enough to last til next harvest!

Also, sorry to hear about the electricity situation. Sounds like you're back squared away, hope the girls weren't too bothered by the interruption! Thanks for stopping by amigo!

If the claws cup up its nitrogen toxicity (too much) if they curl down is nitrogen deficiency (not enough). I feel like the lockout isn't necessary if it were me I would up pot. Imho your root bound and that's what's causing the slowing of growth and minimization of growth also why your having to water so often the roots don't hold moisture just the medium. Good luck brother #global420

Bro I grow strictly autos now after 10+ years of growing photos. Autos only need 3 gallon pots and 20-4 light schedule never changes NEVER. I've been growing autos 2 years now and avg 3 ounces per plant I got 2 lbs in 86 days off 12 plants and that's 86 days from seed as with autos there's no "flip" the smallest plant I've ever gotten gave me just under 2 ounces but in like 8-9 weeks from seed I use a 4x4 tent with 12 plants and I run 6 at a time with about 5 weeks between germination so every month and a half I harvest about a lb. so you may wanna re think getting rid of your auto tent

Looking good man! I'm exactly 2 weeks behind you running the same Cali OG/Haze strain from CKS and I flipped on 5/14 so I'm day 8 flower. Got 3 extremely sexy ladies that vegged for 39 days in soil stretching and filling out my Scrog screen now will be interested to see how yours turn out. Good luck on the homestretch!!

If the claws cup up its nitrogen toxicity (too much) if they curl down is nitrogen deficiency (not enough). I feel like the lockout isn't necessary if it were me I would up pot. Imho your root bound and that's what's causing the slowing of growth and minimization of growth also why your having to water so often the roots don't hold moisture just the medium. Good luck brother #global420
Hey Ohio, thanks for the advice. I wouldn't doubt that the photo ladies are root bound, I started them in their final 5 gal pots and vegged for 2 months before the flip, they've been in there since March 1st... Noob mistakes. I had read you couldn't get root bound in fabric pots so never worried about it. Since we're 22 days into flower now, are you saying you would pot up now? I have some 7 gal I could go to, but thought it would be too late.

They haven't stopped growing, I just noticed the vertical growth has slowed, which I expected since we've started the 4th week of flower and I suspect the stretch is nearly over. But they gained about 5" in height over the last 3 weeks so they seem pretty good.

Bro I grow strictly autos now after 10+ years of growing photos. Autos only need 3 gallon pots and 20-4 light schedule never changes NEVER. I've been growing autos 2 years now and avg 3 ounces per plant I got 2 lbs in 86 days off 12 plants and that's 86 days from seed as with autos there's no "flip" the smallest plant I've ever gotten gave me just under 2 ounces but in like 8-9 weeks from seed I use a 4x4 tent with 12 plants and I run 6 at a time with about 5 weeks between germination so every month and a half I harvest about a lb. so you may wanna re think getting rid of your auto tent
I really like the idea of perpetually having autos in rotation. Keeps a steady harvest coming in and helps add a little more variety. I may keep at it, we will see what I ultimately end up with but these autos I have from CKS are 60 days from seed and look pitiful. They may swell up and give a decent output over the next few weeks, but I'm certainly not excited right now.

What are some strains/breeders of autos you would recommend that you have had great results with?

I mentioned earlier that I had some kens GDP seeds that I was considering for the next run, but spoke too soon. Friggin jinxed myself.

I've been searching for them since I decided to start this endeavour as it was some of the best I've ever had. Haven't seen it for years and have been hoping to find some seeds so I could just grow some.

Well I thought I finally hit the jackpot because 2 weeks ago Seedsman showed there was 1 pack of 5 fems in stock! Boom, placed the order with no hesitation.

A few days go by and I hadn't heard anything so I just wait some more. Then another day or two goes by and I get an email saying that due to a rare inventory inaccuracy, they actually don't have them in stock!!!?!?! What really pisses me off is it's already been charged and posted to my account.

They tell me to respond with an order of similar value and they'll send that instead. They weren't cheap so I pick a bunch of 2/3 fem packs from different breeders and different strains and send it to them, and it totals to about $5 more than the original order. That was 5 days ago and still have not heard a word back.

I'll update when I know more about what's going on, but my advice would be to stay away from Seedsman.

I've placed an order with 4 different banks so far and they are the only trouble I've had.

CKS was my first order back in Feb and didn't ship same-day as they advertise, but did arrive after about 3 weeks. No original packaging, but 100% germ so far 2 photos and 6 autos.

Seedsman was my second order placed about 2 weeks ago and still waiting, getting the run around and all that.

The Gorilla was my 3rd order and I placed that 2 days after the Seedsman order. I couldn't believe how fast it came, from overseas to my door in 4 days. Amazing! Original packaging and even the freebies were labeled and had cards with them.

I just placed an order with Neptune yesterday. Been seeing Shiggityflip kill it with some In House Genetics and since I've been trying to scratch a purple itch, I placed an order for their Grand Double Purple (on sale too!) which is Kens GDP x Purple Hulk. Heard they give a ton of freebies too so excited to see what shows up.

I tried to place an order for some Twisty Treat genetics but their sites shopping cart is disabled. They have some interesting strains at really reasonable prices, but no go. I see them at a few banks, but double the price. You do get double the seeds but I'd rather have 4 strains @ 5 seeds each than 2 strains @ 10-12 seeds each... If that makes sense.

Anyway, that's my rant/ramble for the day. For now my thought is Seedsman blows big donkey balls. Depending on what they do to make it right, it might change my mind, but not a good first impression

I don't blame you for being pissed I would be too. Glad I did not deal with them. I have only dealt with Crop King and Bonza Seeds and have had great luck with both.
I was gonna place one with Bonza, but figured I may have overstocked only being able to grow 2-4 plants at a time! And if I get a real good one I'll wanna keep clones going which will keep me from popping more beans!

I should just tell Seedsman to cancel and refund, but I think I got hit with conversion fees and will probably get hit again on the refund to reconvert... Bastards get ya comin and goin!

So I've been looking at this little cheap 20x20 inch ikea coffee table that has a bunch of empty space under it and thought it would make a nice clone/seedling/veg chamber and not take up any more space.

I had 2 extra little pc fans, an extra 6 inch clip fan, and some leftover Mylar tape I bought to cover the seams in my tents.

I bought a little $20 blue/white veg led to throw in there and cut down the cardboard box from my RO system to make walls and enclose the underside of the table. Bought a $5 dollar piece of thin plywood from the depot and had them cut it down to 20x20 to make the floor. Covered the walls and floor with the Mylar tape and rigged up the little pc fans to bring in cool air from the front and the 6inch to extract it from the back.

The door is just held in place by the negative pressure from the extraction fan. Gonna get some weather stripping to try to keep the light from coming through the seams.

I spent $25 bucks on this little thing plus the other stuff I already had, so pretty cheap and seems like it will work it's purpose.

Gonna throw my lefty clone in and take a few clones from the auto that ended up being a photo and see how they do in here.
420-magazine-mobile1299924046.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1107492475.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1625430002.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1888593876.jpg

Loving the clone box :passitleft:
Thanks Mr. A. Doesn't take up anymore room and I still have my little table top to throw my junk on. Plus, the light was so far away from the clone, I wanted to figure a way to get it closer to the light without stacking a bunch of shit up. Now I've got a 3rd space to work with and can maybe shave a few weeks off the other tents cycles by starting off in here. We'll see how it works out!

Update day 28 since flip.
420-magazine-mobile702287374.jpg

Lefty is still ahead in the race. She has gotten pretty frosty over the last week and looks to be just covered in buds!
420-magazine-mobile1912922734.jpg

420-magazine-mobile366357273.jpg

Righteous still looks beautiful, but just slower to develop. Buds aren't as big and not nearly as much frost.
420-magazine-mobile836871001.jpg

Even though her buds aren't as fat, she's much thicker in terms of stems and foliage so I still have hope she will bulk up. Hoping she's a 10 week pheno and Lefty is 8 which is why she's developing a bit quicker. We will see.
420-magazine-mobile1348986905.jpg

Back
Top Bottom