Redloh's Indoor Soil Cali OG Kush/Haze Grow Journal - First Grow - 2017

Just stumbled onto your journal and I just had the same debate about flipping now or waiting until May 1st, your grow looks good all the best
Thanks for stopping by Chicobaba. I still have to fight myself everyday, but I'll get to May 1st one way or another before I flip lol. Thankfully I keep finding great journals to read through on here. I'll stop by yours and see what you got going on.

Hey Red! Found you through a link from Am4zin. Your plants look awesome, you're doing an excellent job! I did a ScrOG on my first grow and may never do it again, I found it to be very labor intensive and somewhat frustrating. I did do it on my first grow and filled the screen too much before flipping so it may be easier if I did it right. After my first grow I switched to Doc Buds high Brix blend of soil/nutes and could not be happier! No need to check ph might be my favorite benefit but it's also very easy with great results. I'd encourage you to check it out and consider. There is quite a crew using it who are great about supporting noobs like us. Also, like amazin said, put a link to your journal in your sig, then make it over to some other journals and comment and more people will find you.

Keep up the great work!

:passitleft:

Plants look good, smell will come once they are in flower a few weeks. As far as taste goes I have gotten rave reviews for my White Widow crop where I used unsulfered molasses and unfiltered bees honey and is needed if using a grow medium with mycorrhizae. I start out with i/2 tsp of mollasses per gallon of water, then 1/2 tsp of molasses and the same of honey gradually increasing to 1/2 tbsp of each until harvest. You wont regret it. Also make sure your water is ph'd to 5.9 so the plants can uptake the nutes especially during flower. Good luck and look forward to your results.

Hows it going Redloh? Am4zin dropped a link in our(Canna Montana and I) journal so i thought to stop by and show some support. Plants are looking nice and healthy but it's too bad about the balls. Dang. It happens.

To not get the hay smell in your buds after harvest, all you have to do is make sure they do not dry too fast. Keeps them in 60% humidity and when you jar them use boveda packs.

I'll make this a stop on my rounds to make sure things are good.

Hey Red! Found you through a link from Am4zin. Your plants look awesome, you're doing an excellent job! I did a ScrOG on my first grow and may never do it again, I found it to be very labor intensive and somewhat frustrating. I did do it on my first grow and filled the screen too much before flipping so it may be easier if I did it right. After my first grow I switched to Doc Buds high Brix blend of soil/nutes and could not be happier! No need to check ph might be my favorite benefit but it's also very easy with great results. I'd encourage you to check it out and consider. There is quite a crew using it who are great about supporting noobs like us. Also, like amazin said, put a link to your journal in your sig, then make it over to some other journals and comment and more people will find you.

Keep up the great work!

Hey ween! Thanks for dropping in. Yea, the SCROG did seem like it would be more trouble than I was looking for lol. I have heard about Doc Buds High Brix setup a few times throughout various journals here, but not too familiar yet. Will definitely check it out more in depth and consider for a future run.

Plants look good, smell will come once they are in flower a few weeks. As far as taste goes I have gotten rave reviews for my White Widow crop where I used unsulfered molasses and unfiltered bees honey and is needed if using a grow medium with mycorrhizae. I start out with i/2 tsp of mollasses per gallon of water, then 1/2 tsp of molasses and the same of honey gradually increasing to 1/2 tbsp of each until harvest. You wont regret it. Also make sure your water is ph'd to 5.9 so the plants can uptake the nutes especially during flower. Good luck and look forward to your results.
Thanks for the tips and for dropping by canna. I've read a bit about the molasses, but haven't heard of using honey yet. Makes sense though as I think it's the sugars that are helping in these additions.

The more I've thought about it I think I will end up adding throughout the flowering process after I read a bit more about it. I'm using Fox Farm HF and OF soil which have the mycorrhizae, so sounds like a must. Good to know because I was just going to run with just the FF trio. Gonna start reading up now because the flip is soon!

Hows it going Redloh? Am4zin dropped a link in our(Canna Montana and I) journal so i thought to stop by and show some support. Plants are looking nice and healthy but it's too bad about the balls. Dang. It happens.

To not get the hay smell in your buds after harvest, all you have to do is make sure they do not dry too fast. Keeps them in 60% humidity and when you jar them use boveda packs.

I'll make this a stop on my rounds to make sure things are good.

Thanks Nismo, appreciate the support! I'm happy to have found such a great community!

Yea the balls were a bit sad, but glad I was able to see both sexes in person and truly know the difference now. It'll live on outside and teach me a few more things in its lifetime hopefully. I'm mainly just glad it was one of the autos and not the photos.

I'll make my way over into your journal and see what you've got going. Thanks for dropping by.

Thought the girls looked particularly beautiful this morning so took a few shots and wanted to share.

Here's Lefty
420-magazine-mobile501005827.jpg

And Righteous
420-magazine-mobile1540479357.jpg

Here's a little cutting I took from Righteous
420-magazine-mobile1793941561.jpg

I had some success just sticking cuttings from my tomatoes outside in water and they sprouted roots after about 8 days. This little arm was stuck way below the canopy so figured I'd give it a shot.

Here's a shot at the node structure on Lefty
420-magazine-mobile568468775.jpg

And a shot from Righteous
420-magazine-mobile114466314.jpg

Leftys side shot
420-magazine-mobile170179862.jpg

Side shot of Righteous
420-magazine-mobile430373002.jpg

I have an issue with blossom end rot in one of my tomato plants, so ordered some calmag for them. From what you guys see should I add a little for the ladies as well? I've been using the same tap water to water both my tomatoes and girls, so figure if the tomatoes are calcium deficient maybe the girls would like a little boost.

Also ordered some unsulphured blackstrap molasses to add in through flowering, which begins on Monday!

Hey man thought I'd grab a seat if ya don't mind.... imho 80 days is a good veg time really anything less is a waste of space in your tent it won't produce much other wise in nature they veg for 3-4months and then flower the same. Just things to think about... distilled water is the absolute worst you can use check it out. Also optimal temps for veg and flower are 80.6degrees Fahrenheit rh between 50-60%. Lighting for the autos like u said don't need changes imho I've found 20/4 to be optimal. And the pics didn't look like a hermy to me but time will tell. My journal is perpetual I'm on the 4th grow now first pages 1-20 then 20-44 so on and so forth check it out. I really like to share back and forth and hear opinions and I like to give them lol . I'll be around keep up the good work brother. Also your not going to be able to see the sex on the photos until after you flip and you won't have SMELL until around 2-3 weeks AFTER you flip to flower. Be patient brother in the arena of growing patience is a virtue that cannot be contented with. Also wanted to mention that growing under led lighting (like me) you've gotta add calmag the lighting drained calmag for some reason outta the plants so you were saying about your nutes and I didn't see any and another thing I believe your giving the wrong nutes at the wrong time? Maybe just check to make sure but big bloom is for plants in flower not in veg. Your autos are gonna show pistils on like week 3 but keep running veg nutes until the 4-5 week then flip to flower nutes. Keep up the good work

Here's a shot of the auto tent.
420-magazine-mobile1895573733.jpg

The smallest sprout was to replace the one with balls I moved outside. The 2 medium ones have already started flowering and are only at day 23. The biggest one in the front on the right still hasn't thrown any pistils and is not flowering yet.

I know CKS had an issue at one time with one of their autos actually being Sour Jack photos, and wondering since I got a mix pack of autos, I might have ended up with one?

The big one is at day 35, so thinking I'll let it go for another week or two and if still no sign I'll throw it in the photo tent because it will be 12/12 by then.

Hey man thought I'd grab a seat if ya don't mind.... imho 80 days is a good veg time really anything less is a waste of space in your tent it won't produce much other wise in nature they veg for 3-4months and then flower the same. Just things to think about... distilled water is the absolute worst you can use check it out. Also optimal temps for veg and flower are 80.6degrees Fahrenheit rh between 50-60%. Lighting for the autos like u said don't need changes imho I've found 20/4 to be optimal. And the pics didn't look like a hermy to me but time will tell. My journal is perpetual I'm on the 4th grow now first pages 1-20 then 20-44 so on and so forth check it out. I really like to share back and forth and hear opinions and I like to give them lol . I'll be around keep up the good work brother. Also your not going to be able to see the sex on the photos until after you flip and you won't have SMELL until around 2-3 weeks AFTER you flip to flower. Be patient brother in the arena of growing patience is a virtue that cannot be contented with. Also wanted to mention that growing under led lighting (like me) you've gotta add calmag the lighting drained calmag for some reason outta the plants so you were saying about your nutes and I didn't see any and another thing I believe your giving the wrong nutes at the wrong time? Maybe just check to make sure but big bloom is for plants in flower not in veg. Your autos are gonna show pistils on like week 3 but keep running veg nutes until the 4-5 week then flip to flower nutes. Keep up the good work
Thanks Ohio. Of course, pull up a chair and join in! I realized a few weeks in that distilled wasn't the best option and have been using tap since. Straight tap has a ph close to 8 around here, and I did not realize in the beginning I should ph after I added nutes... Duh! Rookie mistake. So after I started testing ph after adding nutes it was close to 7. I feed every other watering, so when there are no nutes I just use a bit of ph down to get it down around 7. I did order some calmag, although I didn't know LED had a specific need for it, good tip! Thanks for stopping in and I'll head over and check out your setup.

Oh yeah leds suck the calmag out it's weird if your using tap water still I hope your letting it sit at least 24hrs before using it to water your girls.... if not your filling them with chlorine and that's bad. MUST LET TAP WATER SIT 24-48hrs to ALLOW THE CHLORINE TO DISSIPATE!!! Very important brother. Also another hint I got this year and was ify till I did it but autos don't need 5 gallon buckets 3 gallons is plenty of soil room for auto roots. And by using 3's instead of 5's you open up a lot of space I could only grow six at a time in 5's now I do 9 at a time using the 3's and in the 3's I'm pulling 2-3 bags off each plant in less than 90 days. Take pics of your nutes for me bub so I can see what your working g worh

Oh yeah leds suck the calmag out it's weird if your using tap water still I hope your letting it sit at least 24hrs before using it to water your girls.... if not your filling them with chlorine and that's bad. MUST LET TAP WATER SIT 24-48hrs to ALLOW THE CHLORINE TO DISSIPATE!!! Very important brother. Also another hint I got this year and was ify till I did it but autos don't need 5 gallon buckets 3 gallons is plenty of soil room for auto roots. And by using 3's instead of 5's you open up a lot of space I could only grow six at a time in 5's now I do 9 at a time using the 3's and in the 3's I'm pulling 2-3 bags off each plant in less than 90 days. Take pics of your nutes for me bub so I can see what your working g worh
My lineup
420-magazine-mobile1426060961.jpg

I just got the calmag so they will get their first dose of that today, but have been following the Fox Farm soil feeding schedule every other watering starting at 1/4 strength in their 3rd week and gradually upping to full. The molasses just arrived too and will be using through flower.

The first watering or two from the tap I didn't let the water sit, but I found out about the chlorine and have been letting it sit at least 24 hrs for the last couple weeks. So hopefully corrected the course.

I did read about autos doing best in 3 gal and have all my autos in 3s. My OGs, the photos are in 5s.

Here's the auto tent. 3x3 w/ 600w LED
420-magazine-mobile508371726.jpg

Figure I'll squeeze 1 or 2 more up front and leave a little space for my clones of the photos to develop.

Here's the photo tent. 60x31x80 with 900w LED
420-magazine-mobile1828223536.jpg

Definitely a lot of wasted space. I wasn't as concerned with efficiency this run as I was with learning about the growth through the various cycles. I didn't want use up a lot seeds, soil, etc. until I know I can get a final result. But next run I'll be jamming it as full as I comfortably can!

Looking good bro so your gonna run photos and autos that's cool I stick to the autos there so much easier and faster so much easier omg. I wanted to tell you also that at first I bought the ff nutes like you have but found the general hydroponics was cheaper and worked as well if not better and researching them both there basically the same product just a price variance so to say the least I use gh now instead of ff. Also that calmag I believe it was is a botanicare product? FYI botanicare is owned by phyzer

Looking good bro so your gonna run photos and autos that's cool I stick to the autos there so much easier and faster so much easier omg. I wanted to tell you also that at first I bought the ff nutes like you have but found the general hydroponics was cheaper and worked as well if not better and researching them both there basically the same product just a price variance so to say the least I use gh now instead of ff. Also that calmag I believe it was is a botanicare product? FYI botanicare is owned by phyzer
Yea both for now. I figured the best way to learn what I like best is to give it a shot and see! I may switch fully to autos, or photos down the road depending on the results and what I like best.

Thanks for the tip on GH nutes. I will be trying them out once I use these up.

This calmag is a Botanicare product. Is that a bad thing being made by phyzer? I wasn't aware of the differences when I purchased, it just looked like a popular version of calmag on amazon!

Back
Top Bottom