Redloh's Indoor Soil Cali OG Kush/Haze Grow Journal - First Grow - 2017

Yea both for now. I figured the best way to learn what I like best is to give it a shot and see! I may switch fully to autos, or photos down the road depending on the results and what I like best.

Thanks for the tip on GH nutes. I will be trying them out once I use these up.

This calmag is a Botanicare product. Is that a bad thing being made by phyzer? I wasn't aware of the differences when I purchased, it just looked like a popular version of calmag on amazon!

It's just big business getting in on the refer madness that's all. Honestly I have a botanicare product I use it's called liquid karma and I love it well my girls do lol

1 week after the flip the and ladies are stretching up pretty good, gained at least an inch in height on most of the main arms. Some of the undergrowth and secondary arms have grown almost 2 inches in length!

Got their first flowering nutes the other day with the trio, a tsp calmag, and a tsp of molasses. Each lady gets 3/4 of a gallon which gives about 15-20% runoff. They were thirsty after 3 days usually during the last few weeks of veg, but went 5 days before showing signs of being thirsty after the flip.

Switched their places in the tent so Righteous is actually on the left right now. The main arms of her canopy are pretty even, but lefty had a few that were a bit taller so tied them back down a bit to try to even her out.
420-magazine-mobile1445072727.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1261620434.jpg

Here's a couple shots of the 2 autos I have that are flowering.

420-magazine-mobile478544041.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1842107448.jpg

Both are super small, 10 and 14" tall respectively, with tiny little adorable budsites. They started in the other tent under 900w, and had heat issues for a few days when first being moved in their own tent under just 600w, so maybe the stress caused them to start flowering even earlier than they should have. Both of them have wonderful distinct smells though. The shorter one smells citrus-berry like where the taller one smells of skunks and fresh ground coffee.

Not sure what strains as these are from a CKS auto fem mix pack, but just wanted to share as these are the first plants I've ever had flower or seen flowering in person! Exciting times!

How good is it to see a plant thats budding for the first time :) Looks like your doing pretty well still a while to go
Thanks Joey. It is a good feeling! Yea, they're a ways off yet. 6-7 weeks I assume, so I'm just admiring and keeping them hydrated. They've not had any nutes besides what was in the happy frog soil and when I water the photos I have about 1/4 gallon left so when I feed them this week I'm going to take the remaining and cut it 1/4 strength and feed these little fellers a bit.

420-magazine-mobile1544822715.jpg

These two are my photos that were flipped on May 1st, Cali OG Kush/Haze from CKS. Had a 2 month Veg and has a 9-10 week flower per CKS.

So I noticed today the tent wasn't bowing in as much as usual and was 88 degrees with close to 60 rh, so I checked the exhaust and it was barely pulling anything out. So I took the carbon filter off and the fan was working fine. The pre filter on the carbon filter was caked, and I mean CAKED, with white dust that looks like powdered sugar. I started to panic and thought I had a WPM issue on my hands, which made no sense to me because my RH is usually steady around 40%. No white powder on the plants, but There are signs all over the tent. Its been there but I just wrote it off as dusty.

The ropes from the hangers
420-magazine-mobile1407828704.jpg

The lights
420-magazine-mobile318607057.jpg

The fan
420-magazine-mobile1983003534.jpg

And one of the straps (an old belt) that hangs the filter
420-magazine-mobile357556817.jpg

I don't think this is WPM though. Since its so dry here I've been using a humidifier during lights on to keep the RH around 40 and also keeps the temps from getting higher than 82. I've just been filling it with tap water and our tap water is no bueno, so I'm thinking this is a mineral/salt buildup from my schitty water.

The loss in pressure in the tent has only happened noticeably today. I washed out and dried the pre filter and vacuumed around the carbon filter to get as much of that white dust out that I could. Seems to be flowing good again.

I also ordered a RO filter for the kitchen and will be using RO water starting Sunday for both the humidifier and for watering the girls.

Now for the girls. Lefty looks fine, her flowers are starting to show and all looks good. No yellowing or dying leaves.
Lefty
420-magazine-mobile548325226.jpg

Lefty undershot
420-magazine-mobile1538225347.jpg

Righteous however has had a few yellowing lower fan leaves over the last week and more today. I plucked 6 off her just tonight and probably 15-18 over the last week. Also a lot of her leaves are starting to cup and droop. She still has been growing well, but there's obviously a problem.

Righteous
420-magazine-mobile38512023.jpg

Yellowing
420-magazine-mobile858960914.jpg

The only thing I can think of is that she has been the closer one to the humidifier the majority of the grow and has absorbed a lot more of those salts and minerals from my horrible tap water. The inside of my humidifier is caked with crap too so I'm almost sure this is the culprit.

They were both fed this last watering and are both due for just straight water tomorrow. My thoughts right now are to just flush with a couple gallons of straight 6.5 ph water and see how she recovers. Grab a couple gallons of distilled from the grocer for the humidifier til my RO system is up.

Let me know what you guys think. Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Well I read up on different possible problems all night and have determined I most likely have some sort of lockout going on. I ordered some Z7 last night which will be here today and we'll see if that helps bring her health back up.

Why don't you give her a good flush and then start giving a smaller feeding of nutes to see if that brings her around.
Thanks for your reply cannanewb. Would you recommend I flush with distilled or tap water? What ph would you recommend?

It's in a 5 gal fabric pot, but only about 3/4 filled so I figure I'll flush with about 3.5 gallons.

I was going to use the Z7 with the flush to clean out the system. Would you not recommend that?

If you do not want to wait for the chlorine to dissipate in the tap water and the set the Ph level then I would recommend using the the distilled water with the Ph level set to 5.8 to 6.1. I am not familiar with that Z7 product but I would go the flushing method I recommended and see what that does. If you still have the problem then you could go the Z7 route. 3.5 gallons should suffice for the flush. Good luck.

If you do not want to wait for the chlorine to dissipate in the tap water and the set the Ph level then I would recommend using the the distilled water with the Ph level set to 5.8 to 6.1. I am not familiar with that Z7 product but I would go the flushing method I recommended and see what that does. If you still have the problem then you could go the Z7 route. 3.5 gallons should suffice for the flush. Good luck.
Ok cool. Thank you for the advice!

Here's a top shot of the photo girls today, 2 days after their flush and 15 days since the flip.

420-magazine-mobile2125578483.jpg

Looking pretty good. Righteous still has some droop/clawing in her leaves but she hasn't had any more yellowing or dying off so I'd say it helped.

Here's a side shot of Righteous
420-magazine-mobile2127478455.jpg

And an upskirt shot of Righteous
420-magazine-mobile164184334.jpg

Trimmed all of the little stuff under her that wasn't getting any light

And a shot of the buds starting to form on Righteous
420-magazine-mobile393802019.jpg

Here's a side shot of Lefty
420-magazine-mobile70301822.jpg

Buds starting to form on Lefty
420-magazine-mobile1410185875.jpg

And an upskirt of Lefty
420-magazine-mobile786306523.jpg

Since Leftys canopy is not as dense and her arms were more lanky, I didn't trim as much underneath because it was getting some light and hoped the side branches would give me a little extra. Leftys Buds are developing a bit quicker than Righteous's are.

It was apparent they were two different phenos from early veg and it's even more apparent now. Excited to see how they continue to develop!

Also, after reading more and more about droopy clawing leaves it seems that points to a possible Nitrogen toxicity. I'm thinking maybe Righteous isn't has heavy of a feeder as Lefty and am going to scale back her nutes to 3/4 strength this time.

When I started feeding, I started at 1/4 strength and gradually worked up to full. Being a new grower, Righteous probably showed signs of overfeeding as I increased and I just didn't see it til things started falling off.

I could be way off, but that's my thoughts right now. Any thoughts or advice are welcome!

Oh, and another thing I wanted to share. I haven't been here long, but have quickly realized that the results I see consistently from growers using Docs kit are the results I was hoping for when I first started. I'm sure I'll get some good smoke from what I'm doing now, but I don't want just good smoke. I want that top shelf, sticky, stanky, bring a tear to your eye just seeing it smoke! So I decided to get in touch with Doc and placed my order. This run will finish up sometime mid-late July so I can get my soil cooking now and be ready to go high brix for my second run in August!

Update: Day 21 since flip to 12/12
420-magazine-mobile2001528416.jpg

Looks like they're done stretching as I haven't seen much noticeable vertical growth in the last few days.

420-magazine-mobile1128518812.jpg

Lefty seems to be developing buds faster still and has already developed a little frost! Maybe one of the different characteristics between the phenos is quicker flowering time? Maybe she's a 9 weeker and Righteous will be a 10. Here's a bud shot from Lefty
420-magazine-mobile940559768.jpg

Righteous is catching up but still noticeably a bit behind. Here's a bud shot from Righteous
420-magazine-mobile791254964.jpg

And in other news, all ingredients to mix up my DBHBB came in over the last week so I mixed them up yesterday and are cooking for August! When the time comes I'll start a journal for that grow but am trying to decide what strain(s) to run for my first high brix adventure...

I have two tents, and intended to have one for autos and the other for photos, but have been extremely underwhelmed by the output of these autos I've ran so am considering running both as photo tents.

One is 60x30x80 with 2 - 450w viparspectra leds.

The other is a 36x36x72 with 1 - 600w vipar led

I can run 2 - 7gal in the 60x30 and maybe 1 - 20 gal or so in the 36x36

I have some fem bomb seeds killer purps and some fem GPD from GDP. I still have some of these OG's from CKS too I could run if they turn out pretty good. Then there's the option to place a new order which should get here in plenty of time if I order soon. Any recommendations?

Back
Top Bottom