Rifleman's Roost Open 24/7: Perpetually Perplexed

Alot of people get mad about seeds...... I've always thought heyyyy......future babies!!! :rollit::volcano-smiley:

Happy 4-20 Everyone! :passitleft:

Y'all thought I'd forgotten huh ? :rofl: Nah, just spent 4.5 hrs chopping, washing, and hanging the harvest from mx6 and mx4. #4 was a beast. Much larger than #2 which has already shown a final weight of 199g. Then came the daily honey-dew list. :adore:

So I'm now a tired old man, and I am going to sit on my porch, in my rocking chair, and abuse the hell out of my lungs with a sweet little bong that never disappoints me. Peace and Love y'all. :circle-of-love: :peace:

Happy 420 brotha! Man, that trimming stuff is a job that loses its appeal fairly quickly. Luckily most of my harvest are small so its not so bad. Lol. I think the most ive ever trimmed at one time was 7ozs and i felt that in my back and shoulders for days. Cant imagine doing some of the harvests i see on this site by myself.
Enjoy your old man time. Smoke one for me. I may get off work in time to celebrate... We shall see.

Tead's starting to feel that autos are not a good fit for a perlite hempy pot.
I'm suspecting that the roots just grow too fast and hit the bottom triggering a very early bloom cycle.
I have some coco hanging around. Perhaps I can slow the root growth some.
They do great in dirt.

All my hempys are in the 55-60 day point. Nice buds and little effort, but there are some ugly leaves and they are all small. Nothing over 18", but then again they are in ~32oz containers.

They do not seem to be any faster than my bucket plants though. I expect them to go at least 80 to 90 days. <shrug>

I'll run more of them next cycle. This will be perfect for starting before the tent and buckets are ready, and spraying for seed production. But the biggest advantage so far...? They are quiet ! :high-five:

In my lazy world, you can easily see how they can be appealing. Once one gets a good system going with them, it can really be an easy way to keep a nice little SoG going in a small garden.
The entire system doesn't seem to scale upwards very well... especially with autos. Of course, my world is generally just too small to really test large plant growing. Perhaps someday.

Here is a little smoke report for @SweetSue. When I cut the tiny DDA that had been in the 7 gal hempy wastebasket, I hung it in the closet as is the norm. Once dry I snipped the buds from the stems into an old school sammich baggie and stuffed it into an already packed tight cVault. That was a while back.

Yesterday I pulled the baggie out and ground up what there was. About 9 grams. It was darker than all the other DDA that i've ground, yet otherwise seemed the same. Until I smoked it. Same high, but wow what an odd difference in flavor. Most of the time DDA has a bright, sharp flavor. Similar to a menthol in that it is very crisp on the palate. Not this time. This has a deeper flavor. First taste screams Copenhagen snuff, after that it mellows and just becomes a fuller darker flavor. The background is all DDA, but as it sits on the tongue it's almost like a dark bourbon mixed with a good cigar. Fermentation, or different pheno with as yet un-noticed terpenes ? Nice smooth smoke whatever it is. :passitleft:

Here is a little smoke report for @SweetSue. When I cut the tiny DDA that had been in the 7 gal hempy wastebasket, I hung it in the closet as is the norm. Once dry I snipped the buds from the stems into an old school sammich baggie and stuffed it into an already packed tight cVault. That was a while back.

Yesterday I pulled the baggie out and ground up what there was. About 9 grams. It was darker than all the other DDA that i've ground, yet otherwise seemed the same. Until I smoked it. Same high, but wow what an odd difference in flavor. Most of the time DDA has a bright, sharp flavor. Similar to a menthol in that it is very crisp on the palate. Not this time. This has a deeper flavor. First taste screams Copenhagen snuff, after that it mellows and just becomes a fuller darker flavor. The background is all DDA, but as it sits on the tongue it's almost like a dark bourbon mixed with a good cigar. Fermentation, or different pheno with as yet un-noticed terpenes ? Nice smooth smoke whatever it is. :passitleft:

Hmmm...... :passitleft: this is intriguing Lucas. I can see the possibility of a mild fermentation that definitely would have changed the expression of the terpene profile.

We find a sweetness introduced to the perfume when fermentation is used. I identify it with sweet grass. Did you decern anything akin to this?

:passitleft:

But the biggest advantage so far...? They are quiet ! :high-five:

Quiet is good. :high-five: Doob’s been using 32-oz cups for his hempy. I can’t wait to see it up close and personal. I may grab some while I’m out there.

I hear stories....
Stories of weed cured for 12 months or more in controlled environments. Stories of how wonderful it is to smoke. Stories that seem to sound somewhat like a fermentation thing.
Of course, no weed would ever last that long in my world... unless the remnants that fall to the bottom of the dry box count.... so it's all just rumors as far as Tead knows.

Tead's starting to feel that autos are not a good fit for a perlite hempy pot.
I'm suspecting that the roots just grow too fast and hit the bottom triggering a very early bloom cycle.

I was thinking, the other day, that it might be more of a "well, there's no more abundance of food here" event than a "no room for more roots" one that triggers it. But that's purely speculative. Could be a combination of both, or neither, for all I know.

I was thinking, the other day, that it might be more of a "well, there's no more abundance of food here" event than a "no room for more roots" one that triggers it. But that's purely speculative. Could be a combination of both, or neither, for all I know.

I’ll be running autos in hempy when I get back. We’ll get to see how it goes with bottles nutrients. I suspect they’ll blow up.

I’ll be running autos in hempy when I get back. We’ll get to see how it goes with bottles nutrients. I suspect they’ll blow up.

SSDC auto started in a 5 gal pot.

I'm not completely done trying.... I've got a 2ft PVC pot and an SSDC seedling ready today.... we'll see.

That just answered the question of which is better, DWC or passive hydro, lol.

For anything, IMHO. It's all in the DO levels.

Get a 25- or 30-gallon lidded tote, bury it up to its top, add mad aeration devices, stick a plant through the lid, add a way to monitor the solution level, and take full advantage of that sun by growing world record sized auto-flower. (Or a sativa, FBR.)

I know, I know, AFs don't need that much root space. But I'm guessing outdoor DWCs in NO do. If you decide to go with a photoperiodic plant, instead, it probably wouldn't hurt to go even larger on the reservoir size.

Back
Top Bottom