Ripe1 Grow2 Lunar Planting NYC Turbo Diesel & Cheese CFL & LED In Soil

100 Crazy Days in this bitch!

The fun never ends in here. Nor do the GOD DAMN Fungus Gnats! My FFOF seems to be teaming with them. I get rid of them and then I transplant and there they are. I saw at least 10 in the last week up until the last couple of days. My last round of spraying must have got them back to hating it in there. Spino goes on tonight. That will be the only application of that. Neem, DE and SNS from here on out. Still, I'm not very worried yet because as always, the growth seems to have no idea there are any issues at all. Far be it from me to crash their party and tell them. Everything else seems to be good so...

I'd also like to take a moment to give love to all of you following my grow. Everyone I follow has green green gardens that I have pulled techniques that I agree with and in turn has made what you are looking at. Let no new grower reading this mistake; this is my first real grow, (technically 3rd and I've helped a few other growers before that with bitch chores) don't be fooled by the full tent. This is the result of watching powerhouse growers like Shed, Pt, Dabbs, Pennywise, Scientific(we miss you bro!), Amy, Sue, DocBud, Spec, BigBear, Laquerhead and the list goes on and on! Read, ask questions and question the answers you get. Opinions are everywhere but facts are facts. Fact is, you guys fucking rule and thanks for my garden. I only did the work I learned from all of you solid diamonds!

Share Love if you have any extra!

Thanks Shed! I am very much thinking so. Do you remember when you asked me what shape I was going for and I replied I didn't know? I couldn't know as I had never "shaped" a plant. After going through it, I know now that there are several factor like the 4x4 square available, 4 plants and light coverage/penetration too. Who would have thought? Knowing this now, next grow will be two plants trained exactly like Cheese1, maybe 4 months in veg instead of 3 to really fill it up like it is now, only more working room.
That long winded face fart to say I have so many choices of entire stems to take or leave. You can see the hundreds of leaves I could take or leave. I'm trying to alternate where I am taking leaves and not leave an entire stem with no big fan leaves on it.
On each plant I have 4 sets of stems. On all of the plants, I topped and trained the top out and the next set (2nd) out as well. As those sprouted new growth, I pulled that out and away and those have new growth/sites on them. The 3rd and 4th sets underneath vary from plant to plant of whether I let them shoot up into the then, sort of empty middle or pulled them another way. Obviously at some point the training starts to interfere with each other. Then the leaves do. Cheese1 has a 5th set that I might use as a foray into cloning. Sometimes there is one side of a stem that shoots up 6 inches and the opposing branch will only be 1 inch. It's never going to get to the top so I give them a chop. I lack the experience to judicially say which should be lollipopped and which should stay ouside of did you make it to the top or not? If not, bye bye. So insight into how you guys do it is welcome.

I think your on the right track! I would maybe leave fewer nodes to have to work with under where you topped so as to not get the training so tangled up. Especially with that length of veg! I plan on vegging equally as long but there's no way I could do working with 5-7 nodes, itd be a mess lol. At least for me. As you've seen im only using two on my LA (and spreading her out as much as possible). In the future I might opt for 3 but Idk, its already starting to fill in pretty good!

If you are considering taking one branch to try cloning, you might as well take a few in case they don't cooperate (not that I'd know anything about that ;)).

That's twice in one day Shed! You owe me a coffee.

I think your on the right track! I would maybe leave fewer nodes to have to work with under where you topped so as to not get the training so tangled up. Especially with that length of veg! I plan on vegging equally as long but there's no way I could do working with 5-7 nodes, itd be a mess lol. At least for me. As you've seen im only using two on my LA (and spreading her out as much as possible). In the future I might opt for 3 but Idk, its already starting to fill in pretty good!

Oh yeah, I found all of that out the hard way. It is a mess. The problem is that now nodes 3&4 are serious contenders in the middle now on a couple of them. They will probably grow like the middle would have if I didn't top. Cheese1 is going to loose that side and is by the way one I want to keep around Shed. Like I said from now on I'm just going to do 2 plants and 2 nodes. I can see how you could probably pull more weight in harvest that way. Things are allowed their own space and can prosper more with better light penetration. I'm just taking notes though. Grow 3 is at least 4 months from now. And hopefully a pound away too!

So I was wrong. There is 2 inches of growth happening at night. The thermometer was not touching the leaves when I took that photo in the window. Now they are above it and it needs raised! Grow people problems!

Oh yeah, I was told by Mama last night that I am to find another tent and start a new batch of seeds. Apparently waiting 6 months for some meds is too long for her. "O.K." says Ripe. "I'll need a light mover or a new light for the now flowering tent." "Which is cheaper?" she asks. We all know the light mover is so I suppose my hand will be forced there too. Too bad too, I just made peace with getting new waders and a new fly rig and not expand the grow. I guess I'll just have to have and do both. I didn't see this coming. I'm stoked that she is stoked. I've been noticing her coming up and peeking in there more. She might be taking over soon. You guys might be chatting w/Mrs.Ripe soon.

Edit: It also looks like I'll be spending some time InTheShed with Shed so I can write down all the don'ts of cloning. How did you finally get them to work again? Do it in secret and not tell anyone until they are stable? That technique works right Shed?:thumb::laugh:

Edit: It also looks like I'll be spending some time InTheShed with Shed so I can write down all the don'ts of cloning. How did you finally get them to work again? Do it in secret and not tell anyone until they are stable? That technique works right Shed?:thumb::laugh:
Hidden and in secret was the only way I could do them without complete embarrassment if it failed AGAIN! I did mine in peat pots (not pucks) with my standard soil, about 75º and 70-80% RH in the box; and after soaking them to start, very rarely watered them, but twice a day sprayed the outside and bottom of the peat. 24 hour 6500K CFL light bulb about 3 feet above. Oh, and I took a very sharp razor blade and split the bottom ½" of stem before putting it into the soil.

Every one has their own cloning method, and if I needed to do it on a regular basis, I'd build this:

Hell yeah dude! I'll never forget how stoked for you I was when I got on that morning and there were Shed clones! I can't say I blame you though. My heart broke every time one of them was getting there and then bit the dust. Don't be embarrassed, We are all here to learn and help.

So I did it again! God Damn it! Correct me if I am wrong, but this has to be light burn. It showed up like this in a matter of hours. The only other things I can think of is; A.) One of the humidifiers takes salt to get it going and there is too much salt in the air.
B.) There is something being absorbed from the pan (but I think this would take longer to show up if this were the case.)
C.) One of you guys will know

The light was 2.75" above the plants, now it is about 6.5" above. I'll wait and see. Not all of them are getting it though. One is fine for sure and two or three others are barely effected. I am going back to look at the other journal to see when the other ones got burned. Perhaps it is something in my environment that I am not aware of.

Cheese_5_Burn_2.jpg

Cheese_5_Burn1.jpg

NYCTD_4_Burnteded.jpg

NYCTD4_Burn.jpg

NYCTD4_Burned.JPG

NYCTD3_Not_too_bad.JPG

Cheese_1_barley_burned.JPG

Still_Droopy_Cheese.jpg

Nice Job TD#5
NYCTD5_Champ.jpg

I hope the light raised will solve this.
Sulpher or p? Maybe ?

I'm stoked that she is stoked. I've been noticing her coming up and peeking in there more. She might be taking over soon. You guys might be chatting w/Mrs.Ripe soon.
Lolol, my lady started out being "interested" at best - mostly just waiting for product! As you said, she also sneaks up there pretty frequently anymore. Even mentioned getting an account of her own! The passion has been ignited:circle-of-love:

Sulpher or p? Maybe ?
This was a discovery of observation. At first we were all thinking a nutrient. Sulpher, P and Boron were all mentioned. I was working in there one day and I saw the vicks vaporizer had been overfilled, and was spitting piping hot water onto the plants. After the water burned them, then the light did the rest with standing water on the leaves and all. I turned the vaporizer around to point at the fan and distribute humid air more efficiently in the tent. I never had it happen again. The girls later contracted a suspected case of leaf septoria, but I never found out for sure. I treated it like it was everything and it was cured by on of the things I sprayed. Neem and SNS244 I'd imagine cleared that up.

Lolol, my lady started out being "interested" at best - mostly just waiting for product! As you said, she also sneaks up there pretty frequently anymore. Even mentioned getting an account of her own! The passion has been ignited:circle-of-love:

It makes it way more fun! We started this as a thing to do together and save some cash too. Being in the first year of growing, you all know the latter isn't true until your second or third grow. I ended up taking more interest than her initially but curiosity is getting the better of her now that we harvested the AutoCheese. Knowing that we can do good work up in the tent is helping. If her being more interested means I get more gear to grow with, then I can call you Betty and Betty you can call me Al!

I've got tickets to Paul Simon at the Hollywood Bowl in May!
Damn that is so cool! I have been jammin’ Paul Simon for some years now. Have fun Shed!

Back
Top Bottom