Roaches: What to do?

billyran

Not the bug kind.
I am 70 years old and remember many many times , of going through ash trays looking under car floor mats , coat pockets even the tackle box trays.
Just trying to find a roach when I had nothing to smoke.
Now that I have been growing a few years I seem to always be infested with roaches.
I suppose a pipe solves the problem but , I am old and I like to roll a joint.
I have a hard time lighting up a burned roach so they end up in the fire place.
What do you with yours?

I toss mine now that I grow, usually have too much for myself to be honest. But......my favorite thing in the day of buying was generation joints and blunts. You save enough to roll a joint or blunt from joint or blunts roaches that is second generation. Then you save second generations until you have enough to make third generation. Its probably terrible for health (I have no idea) but fun when you smoke enough blunts to have a family tree.

Oo and if you use rosin at all it will keep concentrating. Well, that might not be scientific....just it keeps getting goey

Not the bug kind.
I am 70 years old and remember many many times , of going through ash trays looking under car floor mats , coat pockets even the tackle box trays.
Just trying to find a roach when I had nothing to smoke.
Now that I have been growing a few years I seem to always be infested with roaches.
I suppose a pipe solves the problem but , I am old and I like to roll a joint.
I have a hard time lighting up a burned roach so they end up in the fire place.
What do you with yours?

make a bonnaguzzi.

haven't done one in yrs but it'll fry your friends if they never tried.

duh. make a bonnaguzzi.

haven't done one in yrs but it'll fry your friends if they never tried.

No idea what that is. Please explain!

Right now I store all my roaches in a jar with a spare Boveda pack. Really just holding on to them until I can figure out something to do with them. Growing your own means I don't really need to, but I am very much of the camp "waste not, want not" so I keep them.

No idea what that is. Please explain!

Right now I store all my roaches in a jar with a spare Boveda pack. Really just holding on to them until I can figure out something to do with them. Growing your own means I don't really need to, but I am very much of the camp "waste not, want not" so I keep them.

shit. no google explain ?

i might not have spelled it right. it's essentially a roach incense ball. varying sizes.
the trick is how to make it.

there is a gross way, and a less gross method. of course traditional is gross, and most effective. :p

it's a bit of a process.

essentially you macerate a pile of roaches with er .. saliva, or a more kitchen friendly liquid in a pulverizer, form it in to a ball, and bake / dry in the oven at 150- 200 f.
length of time depends on the size of the ball etc. most make ping-pong to golf ball size. i like using the lower setting but it takes longer. and it can be smelly.
make sure to periodically roll the ball over.
when the the outer skin of the ball has tightened up and it has formed a shell, you are done.
let cure / finish drying for about a week in the open air.
jar up for future use or enjoy.

anyway when done, it sits on a pin or other stand, and you light the thing from the bottom, let it flame a second or two , then blow the flame out. it smokes like a heavy incense, and you use a bottle or pen hooter to gather in and take hits. it'll smoke til white ash if done right.

can be a party changer lol :cheesygrinsmiley:

When I smoke a joint I always use a glass filter tip so there's no such thing as a roach anymore.
20190322_183043.jpg

waste not, want not. I break them apart when I have 2 or 3, and roll them back in with my next joint mixed with some fresh stuff. There is a time that is appropriate for purity, and there is a time to get high. Most of the time I just want to get high, and potent roach weed mixed into my joints is a great way to get there.
Yeah but Emilya, your roaches probably taste better than many of our cured flower.... :Namaste:

You can also use the paper ones which work just fine, but the glass tips taste better.

till someone tosses it out the car window thinking they're cheap disposables..

I use a 3.5 inch curved hemostat as a 'roach clip' to allow me to smoke them very small. I used to save them 'just in case' but honestly, I just feel like it is way too easy to grow new flowers that will NOT hurt my lungs and taste awful in the same deal so now I throw them away.

I just roll it up in a joint. :rollit:But, then again we are still in the, get what we can mode, till I get a few good grows under my belt. I still have a roach stash and a bank I keep adding to for more lean times or If we run out. (2 Smokers in the house). Now that we are legal we can save cash over time by growing my own.

shit. no google explain ?

i might not have spelled it right. it's essentially a roach incense ball. varying sizes.
the trick is how to make it.

there is a gross way, and a less gross method. of course traditional is gross, and most effective. :p

it's a bit of a process.

essentially you macerate a pile of roaches with er .. saliva, or a more kitchen friendly liquid in a pulverizer, form it in to a ball, and bake / dry in the oven at 150- 200 f.
length of time depends on the size of the ball etc. most make ping-pong to golf ball size. i like using the lower setting but it takes longer. and it can be smelly.
make sure to periodically roll the ball over.
when the the outer skin of the ball has tightened up and it has formed a shell, you are done.
let cure / finish drying for about a week in the open air.
jar up for future use or enjoy.

anyway when done, it sits on a pin or other stand, and you light the thing from the bottom, let it flame a second or two , then blow the flame out. it smokes like a heavy incense, and you use a bottle or pen hooter to gather in and take hits. it'll smoke til white ash if done right.

can be a party changer lol :cheesygrinsmiley:

We used to call it a cannonball but same idea basically.
Wrap roaches in a paper, put in mouth and get it soaked. Squeeze out juices and wrap in tin foil, put on pin and bake with a lighter. Let it cool then take the foil off and put back on pin and smoke it the same way you described, burn like incense. That was back in the 70's man... I may have to revisit just for shits and giggles.

Back
Top Bottom