s1ingblade's Coco OG Kush & 818 HeadBand 1st Grow Journal 2013

Loving those OG's!! :thumb:

Especially like this pic:

DSCN9877.JPG

Thanks X, means alot to hear compliments from advanced growers. Can someone tell me what they think is causing the white spots on the leaves? I am worried its from Spider Mites, I looked and looked and could find nothing at all moving or still. A day or two ago I found a small white crystal type cocoon type egg. Of course I smashed it and looked for others. I am hoping its not the dreaded S. Mites and more like Thryps ?? Not sure other than its something. I sprayed with neem oil and some SNS 217. I drenched the heck out of all the plants in that room (veg. room) 3 times. I did rotate the plants 180 degrees to try my best to hit all areas of the leaves and trunk the top of the soil line.
DSCN9912.JPG
DSCN9913.JPG
DSCN9911.JPG

I hope its something that the SNS217 and Neem can handle. I was told one time by an older grower he said something to the effect of: "A good grower is someone who finds the problem early and does something about it"
So a thank you ahead of time for the help

its the crap they spray on us,! then spray something else and we feel better, yes conspiracy theory, but its bloody obvious! anyway looking good in slinghood!:thumb:

Kinda like this stuff? They have been spraying there "Chemtrails" alot lately. Other than making us sick and crazy maybe even sterile, I wonder what kinda negative effects it has on plants?
DSCN9806.JPG
DSCN9807.JPG

Normal contrails dissipate in a very short amount of time, thesechemtrails last for the good part of a day. I know one thing it cant be good for us.

Hi S1ingblade -

I've never had the dreaded spider mites, but I believe they do cause white spots. Thrips typically leave shiny silvery spots, but whiteflies will also leave whitish spots on the leaves like that (whiteflies look like little moths). I'd inspect the leaves, especially the under-sides, closely with a magnifying glass to be certain of what you have before going too heavy with the neem or SNS 217, though they are pretty safe products and harmless if used correctly. The leaf pic you shared doesn't look too bad, but it is good to catch things early and be safe if you are certain that bugs are getting to them. Another thing to consider is SNS 209, which is used like a preventative and makes the plant less palatable to bugs. Finally, diatomaceous earth can be sprinkled around the base of the plant, which is safe to humans, lethal to bugs. Predator bugs are another idea...

I like McLoadies point about the sticky cards... what's on them? Is it just fungus gnats, or are there other bugs there too?

I created a thread a while back that goes into more extensive detail about preventing and getting rid of bugs - here:

Tips for keeping the bugs out

:goodluck:

Xlr8,
Thank you for the info and the TIP, I got something great out of it and that was to quit leaving spent nutrient solution laying around. Thank You.

So far the neem/217 happy meal has done nothing but help, plants look nice and cleaned, guess they needed a good dusting.
This is a pic of the "Industry" quality Sticky Traps I got a few years ago from the pest control guy. Actually am running low on them and will start looking for a case on the auction site. For me they work great at controlling fungus gnst populations, couldn't imagine what I would be dealing with if it weren't for using them?
DSCN99151.JPG

The colored cards help as well and I know part of their purpose is to identify bugs and monitor populations, but for me they are one of the "Must Haves" in my gardens.

As for trying to determine what I am dealing with right now is difficult with them cause there white and so are the thryps that I think is whats or what was chewing on the top of the fans. I will get some new blues and yellows so I can try my best to ID these damn bastards.
Luckily the gnats aren't getting the upper hand but I would think there has to be some affect on the final product? NO MORE AIRPOTS cause ts like providing the enemy with a bunch of premade foxholes/shelters when I need to make it harder on em and not easier. This next run will be in 5 gallon "Smarties" I can continue to benefit from the air pruning and keep more gnats out and my trays alot cleaner.
Later this year when were moved and settled a lil I am going to play around with container sizes like this room a aka my tent is in three gallon grow bags. This next run will be 9 five gallon smart pots but maybe the run after I would like to try SIX 7 gallon or Four 15 gallons and see what kind differences in yield and plant health.
Once I get my standard down and add it to my schedule then I will try a few different mediums. Right now I am using Sunshines Advanced #4 wich is 55% Sphagnum Peat Moss, Perlite and the rest COCO Coir plus mycos. I have already been ding the 100% coco and a few coco w/perlite. I want to try a "Super Soil" and a Dr. Earth and then I will be making a decision as to what that standard will be. All this research is being done so I can come up with a set schedule or Recipe if you will. For me I think I will do better having a calander with what needs to be done each week. 95% of the time what I am doing is ahead of schedule but am noticing my harvests in July and August will be effected due to letting a week go by before taking cuts or something to that effect.
Allright back to Mommy Day.
Peace Ya'll

Kinda like this stuff? They have been spraying there "Chemtrails" alot lately. Other than making us sick and crazy maybe even sterile, I wonder what kinda negative effects it has on plants?
DSCN9806.JPG
DSCN9807.JPG

Normal contrails dissipate in a very short amount of time, thesechemtrails last for the good part of a day. I know one thing it cant be good for us.
All my life I have known people in the air force, and some in the intelligence community, I have never heard anyone mention or suggest they were loading anything into any aircraft as such.....lotsa napalm and agent orange, oh, we do have the capability....does anyone feel any crazier than usual? I am also very familiar with military and civilian aircraft...........only conspiracy theories.....If I had proof......well, I would look at those as enemy aircraft and the game would change.

The best weapon for me for the gnats was letting my pots dry out til just before wilt, that seemed to take the attractiveness of the environment outta the picture, they say that my light helps with pests and diseases!

Once I am living there full time I can water that way and will but for now I have to continue doing it the way I have been. Looking into blue mat sensors. self watering gizmos

Grats on the Nom for MOtM s1ing you deserve it:)

The best weapon for me for the gnats was letting my pots dry out til just before wilt, that seemed to take the attractiveness of the environment outta the picture, they say that my light helps with pests and diseases!

I think that works because you're interrupting the life cycle when you do that. That's the first line of defense against fungus gnats. Let the media dry out.

Sorry to hear you're having bug problems Sl1ng. The garden looks awesome. How's your environment doing? Seems like you were adding/changing your AC right before I went on vacation and got all busy :blalol:

Grats on the Nom for MOtM s1ing you deserve it:)

Thanks fish cake

I think that works because you're interrupting the life cycle when you do that. That's the first line of defense against fungus gnats. Let the media dry out.

Sorry to hear you're having bug problems Sl1ng. The garden looks awesome. How's your environment doing? Seems like you were adding/changing your AC right before I went on vacation and got all busy :blalol:
The temp and RH is really good, just cant seem to get the upperhand with the gnats, room b is almost finished and then its time to clean clean clean, install an A/C in that room and no more air pots. Yeah I hooked up a port in room a aka my 8' by 8' tent what last month?.
Thanks Hiker, the compliments mean the world to me:)

Congrats on the nom bro, you're a great candidate!:cheer::circle-of-love:

Thanks Mc, means alot but I shouldn't have changed my name lol, jk.

congrats brother! you definitely deserve the NOM for MOTM! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks mate, just running along side those members is enough for me to feel like a champ:)

I am just coming in on this journal. I have only read about 4 pages but wow, this is quite the operation. I wish I could do that many plants. These plants are Beautiful! I have always wanted to try those air pots. These look a lot like the master kush I once grew. It is hard to tell the size on these, but will these be about 3oz each?

One question, and forgive me if you've mentioned it in this thread. When you go from the cloner to dirt, do you get the dirt (or coco) REALLY wet around the roots when you first transplant it?

Again I am totally envious of your set up. I will read some more pages when I get time.

Back
Top Bottom