Sam's 1st Grow - Nirvana JH, NL & AK48 In Coco

And to be clear, what I meant was that when Sam mentioned he pulled the Jock and I asked why, at that time I was suspicious of PK boost issues. But the subsequent description didn’t match.

Newty’s on the other hand, definitely sounds like PK issues.

I need to read a little more on the PK boost amounts and timing. FF lists the PK hit the week before and during the flip at he same time the switch to add the tiger bloom in the mix which has a different formulation that is slated towards flowering. I am switching to AN nutes as I don't like the organics in the fox farm product. Thank you for chiming in though. You guys and gals have been a big help.

Yep you pros got it, I think I know where I went wrong and @Asesino85 i need some more hand holding with the Nutrients :p
My plant Ase is a beauty to behold and I did everything the same with both but it’s the watering i need to flush more and listen to you and PW when it comes to less is more! WWAD (what would Ase do) remember?? I think Ase (plant not person) lol just handled things better and didn’t experience the lock out like poor Swaggs...Even Horti CK is fine and huge! #hortithehulk

Sam thanks for letting me chime in and I plan to use Swaggs bud for oil ;)

It's hard to set a plan at times with the nutes. The manufacturers state ungodly amounts and the general populous says if you aren't pushing them to the limits you are wasting time and effort. I never burned the tips on mine until a few weeks ago when they started to go that way naturally. I trust these guys though with the less is more mentality and will throttle back next time. I was running ppms that were in the 1200 range which I don't think is necessary. I also think that the guys that are running below the recommended amount are not running into lockout issues either.

Live, grow, learn..... that is what its all about. Too bad you don't live closer you could give me a extraction demo. lol

I need to read a little more on the PK boost amounts and timing. FF lists the PK hit the week before and during the flip at he same time the switch to add the tiger bloom in the mix which has a different formulation that is slated towards flowering. I am switching to AN nutes as I don't like the organics in the fox farm product. Thank you for chiming in though. You guys and gals have been a big help.
Yeah advanced nutrients on coco ? Like me. Come to the dark side lol

It's hard to set a plan at times with the nutes. The manufacturers state ungodly amounts and the general populous says if you aren't pushing them to the limits you are wasting time and effort. I never burned the tips on mine until a few weeks ago when they started to go that way naturally. I trust these guys though with the less is more mentality and will throttle back next time. I was running ppms that were in the 1200 range which I don't think is necessary. I also think that the guys that are running below the recommended amount are not running into lockout issues either.

Live, grow, learn..... that is what its all about. Too bad you don't live closer you could give me a extraction demo. lol

Yes this next run I’m going in soft handed ;)

Your in luck Sam, I have an extraction tutorial on YouTube if you head to my journal, you can find it! You can call, text or email me also just reach out in a private message.
:passitleft:

I

Yup. I am going to give them a run as they seem to be popular around here. It was either that or general hydroponics. Even though i balance ph all the time the cheleated nutes seem to make sence.
okay just make sure you dont ph down as long as your water ph is around 7 your okay. also they say ppm of 150 coming out of tap water can work but ive hit 170 ppm out tap now 160 and no issues. never have checked ph.

i hope you enjoy the ease of it, also make sure you flush with your tap water and if using z7 or hydrogaurd or silica blast etc add small amount through when flushing coco. then when ready to plant seed make sure you run a 1/4 dose nute feed through it with calmag or cal mag can be issues later in coco

make sure you feed it daily minimum :Namaste::Namaste:

okay just make sure you dont ph down as long as your water ph is around 7 your okay. also they say ppm of 150 coming out of tap water can work but ive hit 170 ppm out tap now 160 and no issues. never have checked ph.

i hope you enjoy the ease of it, also make sure you flush with your tap water and if using z7 or hydrogaurd or silica blast etc add small amount through when flushing coco. then when ready to plant seed make sure you run a 1/4 dose nute feed through it with calmag or cal mag can be issues later in coco

make sure you feed it daily minimum :Namaste::Namaste:

It's just a habit of checking PH that I doubt will die easily. It should be easy. I don't use Z7 or hydroguard in coco. I do use great white root enhancers. On the first grow as well as this one I flush the coco for two days until it runs clear and the ppms are the same in as out then charge it with PH balanced nute solution with Cal-Mag in it so I am good there. I also feed 2x per day until runoff.

I have the coco veg stuff down well. The flowering stage I need to do some more reading on. Especially the PK boost stage. I am growing fewer plants this time so it should be easier.

Yes this next run I’m going in soft handed ;)

Your in luck Sam, I have an extraction tutorial on YouTube if you head to my journal, you can find it! You can call, text or email me also just reach out in a private message.
:passitleft:

I

I will check that video out. I will have to send the wife out of town when I do it so she doesn't complain about the smell. :)

It's just a habit of checking PH that I doubt will die easily. It should be easy. I don't use Z7 or hydroguard in coco. I do use great white root enhancers. On the first grow as well as this one I flush the coco for two days until it runs clear and the ppms are the same in as out then charge it with PH balanced nute solution with Cal-Mag in it so I am good there. I also feed 2x per day until runoff.

I have the coco veg stuff down well. The flowering stage I need to do some more reading on. Especially the PK boost stage. I am growing fewer plants this time so it should be easier.
whats does ppm out if in coco mean to you .

whats does ppm out if in coco mean to you .
It means when you first get new coco there are a lot of salts and other impurities in it. Flushing or rinsing the crap out of it removes most if not all of it so the tap water ppm that you are putting into it is what is coming out of it in drain. I do it before charging it and putting it into use. The coco-tek product is supposed to be decent but I wash out a ton of crap out of it when I first use it.

It means when you first get new coco there are a lot of salts and other impurities in it. Flushing or rinsing the crap out of it removes most if not all of it so the tap water ppm that you are putting into it is what is coming out of it in drain. I do it before charging it and putting it into use. The coco-tek product is supposed to be decent but I wash out a ton of crap out of it when I first use it.
yeah good call that is what i was talking about too.

And then there are these guys that are not even 2 weeks into veg in 3 gallon pots. These are starting out as monsters. Maybe I actually learned something. The stalks on the little guys are impressive and I am hoping they turn out better than the last run.

The bug has kinda gotten to me a bit and I am dying to try DWC so after the big tent contents get harvested this weekend I am going to clean the big tent up and move these over. Then I am going to try a WW (thank you Newty for getting me interested in that strain) in DWC in this small tent.

Upper left is a cheese strain from Sensi. Upper right is a GHS Train Wreck and the lower center is a Nirvana Girl Scout Cookies. For scale that is my size 12 in the lower left.

Sam, I can’t remember where you posted it, but you mentioned sticky fingers when trimming and I didn’t reply initially. Here’s what I find works best. I take some coconut oil and put it on a paper towel. I then rub it between my fingers and on the blade of my trimmers periodically. It prevents things from getting gummed up too quickly, and takes off anything that sticks on. Honestly it has made trimming way easier. I like to trim really cleanly (taking as much of as many sugar leaves as possible) which is time consuming, but using coconut oil helps a lot.

Loving those three young girls of yours Sam. Very healthy and happy looking plants brother. Whatever you learned, keep doing it brother, its working like a charm.

How long are you going to veg them?

Sam, I can’t remember where you posted it, but you mentioned sticky fingers when trimming and I didn’t reply initially. Here’s what I find works best. I take some coconut oil and put it on a paper towel. I then rub it between my fingers and on the blade of my trimmers periodically. It prevents things from getting gummed up too quickly, and takes off anything that sticks on. Honestly it has made trimming way easier. I like to trim really cleanly (taking as much of as many sugar leaves as possible) which is time consuming, but using coconut oil helps a lot.
yeah cool info man sorry to intrude.. i was actually thinking myself what i could i am about to harvest some sticky smelly dank sour kush headband myself soon and i was thinking juts keeping a cup of baking soda and alcohol to clean off or even salt and rubbing alcohol but that sounds but doesnt it get oil coconut on bud taste? sounds interesting

yeah cool info man sorry to intrude.. i was actually thinking myself what i could i am about to harvest some sticky smelly dank sour kush headband myself soon and i was thinking juts keeping a cup of baking soda and alcohol to clean off or even salt and rubbing alcohol but that sounds but doesnt it get oil coconut on bud taste? sounds interesting
I don't use a ton of it... just a little bit in a teaspoon that I apply slowly over the course of the trim. Enough to keep things from sticking, basically. I haven't noticed any taste or texture change of my buds. For what it's worth, I trim before drying

I don't use a ton of it... just a little bit in a teaspoon that I apply slowly over the course of the trim. Enough to keep things from sticking, basically. I haven't noticed any taste or texture change of my buds. For what it's worth, I trim before drying
Yeah I think this run I’m trim after it drys this time myself but I do a bit of tidying before hanging . All fans gone for sure

I took down all the plants this weekend. Honestly i am not sure how you guys, gals,do it . I have an exreme reaction to the fresh cut shit.

It makes me feel sick for a few hours and I definitely take a lot of breaks. I noticed that when I got the PK boost right for the first time my trimming went way down. You already know I am a heavy defoliator so I pull a lot of leaves as I go but I got a way better bud to leaf ratio and that meant less leaves to pull off and quicker trim times. Having a tent just for drying allows me now to just take down one plant a day and spread it out and not slow down any of my grow tents. I just bought a cheap 2'x4' tent for like 50 bucks and it's already paid itself off in convenience. I'll never do 4 at the same time again.

Back
Top Bottom