Sam's 1st Grow - Nirvana JH, NL & AK48 In Coco

I took down all the plants this weekend. Honestly i am not sure how you guys, gals,do it . I have an exreme reaction to the fresh cut shit.
Part of that is what led me to want to go to the perpetual. I love that I won't have to cut and trim 4 or 5 plants in a week or two. I can deal with harvesting one plant every 2 weeks. I hate trimming!

Congrats on the harvest! Pics or it didn’t happen, lol!

I get very nauseous and so I need to take lots of breaks I noticed this time!

Also I love trimming...I use it as meditation time;) every time I took a break, I couldn’t wait to get back at er lol

Part of that is what led me to want to go to the perpetual. I love that I won't have to cut and trim 4 or 5 plants in a week or two. I can deal with harvesting one plant every 2 weeks. I hate trimming!

I dispised the triming experience. I am with you on the perpetual. I will do that in the fall. I just didn't want to grow in the summer and I wanted enough product to last me until then. I have more than enough and will have even more when these three are done.

Congrats on the harvest! Pics or it didn’t happen, lol!

I get very nauseous and so I need to take lots of breaks I noticed this time!

Also I love trimming...I use it as meditation time;) every time I took a break, I couldn’t wait to get back at er lol

I will take some when they come out of the tent to go into jars. They are in the main tent and I had to remove the lights to get them tied up so it's dark in there. I got a pretty good haul off this grow.

I have similar issues to you guys with fresh harvest. I've had to use an N95 mask for some harvests. I get red and itchy where it has touched my skin. It only happens in flower, and isn't an issue with cured bud. The active trichomes seem to be the issue.

I have similar issues to you guys with fresh harvest. I've had to use an N95 mask for some harvests. I get red and itchy where it has touched my skin. It only happens in flower, and isn't an issue with cured bud. The active trichomes seem to be the issue.
Same here. I handled quite a bit of dried product when I was younger and even over the last year and a half that I have been smoking it never bothered me. It makes my nose irritated inside and out similar to having a cold that last for a week or more with constant blowing and Kleenex wiping. Small price to pay in the overall scheme of things I guess because the growing of them is pretty damn rewarding.

Per Newty's request (no pics didn't happen) here are a few pictures of what I took out of the first grow. I didn't want to fill the jars too full and end up with curing issues but here are the remaining 4 plants.

First tray are the larger stalkes of the AK48s. I trim and set aside all the small stuff and dry it separately.

Northern lights and 48's jarred up. This was right after putting them in so the hydrometers are reading low at 50-55 but they are coming up. I expect them to sweat a little and even out.

Way to leave some space in those jars. As they get drier you can combine them but for the first week or so in the jar I like to leave that much space to roll them around! Can't wait to see the next round come through with you Sam. Great job on your first grow and harvest!

Mighty fine harvest right there! Great job Sam:high-five: High fives all day!!

Those shots are pretty sweet, your pretty artistic yourself;)

Thanks Newty. My trimming leaves a lot to be desired. I dont trim as tight as most that many plants to harvest at once stretches my patients to the limit so everything looked a little airy but the jock tightened up in cure when the moisture left inside came out and the dry outers got in sync.

Way to leave some space in those jars. As they get drier you can combine them but for the first week or so in the jar I like to leave that much space to roll them around! Can't wait to see the next round come through with you Sam. Great job on your first grow and harvest!

I left extra space in the jars for the exact reason you listed and combined them later and it worked out pretty well so i bought a few more jars and continued along those lines. I was a little stressed about drying just like growing but it wasn't as bad as i thought. I will do a few things differently next time but all and all i view it as a succsessful learning process.

Congrats on the full jars sam! Awesome pull. Looking forward to the smoke report :thumb::bravo::welldone::cheer::cheer::ganjamon::roorrip::rollit::passitleft:

Thank you for the comments. I am looking forward to trying it out as well. After the cure the jock kinda wipes me out. The NL should be more friendly. The ak smwlls and looks wicked. I might sneak some tomorrowt Saturday for sure when the wife is gone and i can partake to whatever level i feel like. I will post up the results after that.

What’s around the corner for you Sam? New journal?? I’m dying to know! Maybe I missed it?
Well not sure Newty. I have three other little guys that i will flip this weekend and then its off for the summer. I have enough product to last for a while and i am not sure i will have the time for a journal once the weather breaks.

Back
Top Bottom