:ciao:
I haven't decided yet what I want to do with the old tent, but I first have to tell my wife we have a new one coming.
If I fail to make it back on here in the next few days, please send help!

The tent should be here Tuesday or Wednesday. Woop woop!

View media item 1655346
Famous last words of a brave... Brave... Man...

I have always added it when I flipped, or in this case of autos, at first pistil. The directions on my bottle have a light and heavy feeding. I only use it as maintenance unless I see signs like above then I bump it up.
That came on fast over four days. At that time I went to heavy feeding and I should have it in check by next feed. The other one, the phatty, is in the same medium, same feed schedule, same calmag, so it's been boosted as well assuming it's going to turn.

I was going through AN's tissue sample results last week and was surprised to see that Calcium requirements went down in bloom. It's funny that the little spots always seem to show up around the transition to bloom or right after it starts (at least it seems that way to me). I would have bet a lot that it was the opposite.

I was going through AN's tissue sample results last week and was surprised to see that Calcium requirements went down in bloom. It's funny that the little spots always seem to show up around the transition to bloom or right after it starts (at least it seems that way to me). I would have bet a lot that it was the opposite.
Interesting.. and pretty much everything I have read around here states almost the opposite, where Ca gets used more during flower and moreso with LED lights.

Maybe it's a reaction to stretch.
They are late stages of flower, so I don't think it stretched anymore...they seem to be the same height for the last couple of weeks or so

Sauga did you add seeet candy from the beginning like they recommend or only on flower?

Also are you using the PK boost Budzexplosion?
Only at flip Dutch. I didn't have it for the beginning of the grow, and most likely would have waited anyhow because of the 0-0-16. I'm not so sure the plant will use that much K during veg so didn't think there was a point. More of a sales pitch to sell more imho. I could be wrong in my thinking which is most probable.

Most of my buds were already formed, so there was no point in adding it that late. The PK boost should be used at the beginning of flip and not during veg, from what they state on the site, which in itself is confusing.

Those colas look like small green pineapples...shed has a pic of one....
Ya they really do resemble them with the hairs turning brown/orange. Hard as a piney too. Shed has a pic of one. I guess he didn't see the watermark SaugasPics©
Famous last words of a brave... Brave... Man...
I'm quick Birdie... I ducked just at the right time :)

Interesting.. and pretty much everything I have read around here states almost the opposite, where Ca gets used more during flower and moreso with LED lights.

They are late stages of flower, so I don't think it stretched anymore...they seem to be the same height for the last couple of weeks or so

Only at flip Dutch. I didn't have it for the beginning of the grow, and most likely would have waited anyhow because of the 0-0-16. I'm not so sure the plant will use that much K during veg so didn't think there was a point. More of a sales pitch to sell more imho. I could be wrong in my thinking which is most probable.

Most of my buds were already formed, so there was no point in adding it that late. The PK boost should be used at the beginning of flip and not during veg, from what they state on the site, which in itself is confusing.

It wouldn't be the first time that the "common knowledge" posted in these forums directly contradicts scientific results. Trying to change the common knowledge though is like pushing a rope or Columbus attempting to convince everyone else the world was round.

It wouldn't be the first time that the "common knowledge" posted in these forums directly contradicts scientific results. Trying to change the common knowledge though is like pushing a rope or Columbus attempting to convince everyone else the world was round.
Ya exactly. It's like telling people it's OK to not pH your water. Now that's crazy talk. :laugh:

Here's a LINK to the AN tissue sample study I referred to. Its been out there since 2003, but yet here it is 2019, and few have taken the data to heart.

Great article Farside. See the huge jump in THC from AN-5 to AN-6. Almost tripled.

But still the mystery is why then? You see it as much as we all do it's so much more common after flip. Is it possible at the time we are locking Ca out somehow with high NPK values?

Great link farside! :thanks:

These are tissue samples, yes? Does that tell us about nutrient uptake or just what the plant is made of at any given time?

Yes they are tissue samples. The way Dave Neil from Dyna Gro explained it, they take the samples from the newest growth on the plant so it shows not only what is being taken up, but also what mobile elements the plant has moved to support that newest growth. That should give the best representation of the plants nutritional needs at that moment in time.

Great article Farside. See the huge jump in THC from AN-5 to AN-6. Almost tripled.

But still the mystery is why then? You see it as much as we all do it's so much more common after flip. Is it possible at the time we are locking Ca out somehow with high NPK values?

I haven't sorted that one out yet myself. I was always so focused on the Macro's data that I didn't look at the Micros till a week ago. Maybe it's just that in the early seedling and veg states the requirements are low enough that it builds in the media. Then the plant finally catches up and uses all the stored up Ca in the media, and by the time it shows up as a deficiency in the plant it's around the flip. That's the best I got right now.

Back
Top Bottom