I don't think anyone ever drank enough to really enjoy Nick's! It did meet a need at 3:00am when everything else was closed, though! All the "junk" food in Rochester was colonoscopy material! I also remember Sal's Bird's and Pontillo's Wings. Just the smell of that stuff used to make my eyes (NOT mouth!) water! :rofl:

I lived in Brighton. Used to go to liver night at Grinnell's all the time. Decent enough, owner is from East TX.

Only thing I miss was the easy access to xcski. Lot of nice farms minutes from there ready to go. That was the only thing that got me through the winter there. Would have been great to take a rimfire and set up targets too, but that makes you a career hard criminal up there for practicing a sport practiced by armies for years.

I lived in Brighton. Used to go to liver night at Grinnell's all the time. Decent enough, owner is from East TX.
We did a lot of pike fishing on Lake Consecon. My aunt lives in Brighton somewhere. Never visited her.

Hey, got my B&L Loupe today. It took me a bit to find the sweet spot, but about 3-5" from my face and things were crystal clear. I probably could have gone with the 14x, with a slightly smaller glass, but this works just fine for what I need. No more ticklers up my nose!
Thanks for the info sir. I call it a good investment!

OMG!! I had no idea you are also a millwright. All this time we could have been talking chain-falls and torque values and all that fun stuff ad nauseam, lol. :headbanger::ciao:

I am looking forward to seeing pics once you get your tent up and running. Tomorrow I am making a big move by relocating my whole grow into the basement. Pics soon to follow....
You should see some of the nice machines I get to drive ;) It's a playground on steroids sometimes! Good thing I don't take prescriptions while I operate machinery.

That sounds like huge move.. good luck! You need a chain fall?

Less mold or more mold in the basement...:hmmmm:

Get a little bit of mold and you never hear the end of it.... lol.

Should be a lot less mold in the basement. I built a separate area to do my vegging with lots of room for fans so I am really upgrading. There is alot more space down here and should make growing much more convenient. Looking forward to it.

Been a bad year for days off so far for me. I got hit early with the flu, and missed two days. Then 2 snow days, and now over the weekend my 2014 Dodge, at 140000km, blew a gasket somewhere and it looked like Texas on wheels for a bit. So, car goes in tomorrow, have no idea what it is 'cuz I can't see it behind the block, but filled it with oil today and got there and back, thank god.
So, tomorrow is off and I'm going to build my new tent, Dutchie style, and plop my review on the Mars sponsor thread when done. So, sometimes as bad as it is missing days, they can be very productive too!

You should see some of the nice machines I get to drive ;) It's a playground on steroids sometimes! Good thing I don't take prescriptions while I operate machinery.
:p
That sounds like huge move.. good luck! You need a chain fall?

It was a lot of fun playing with all the big toys at work. I do miss it sometimes but not working is pretty hard to beat too. :thumb:

If the 3 chainfalls I have in the garage aren't enough I will send you a message. :p

They never question my time off, and we don't get sick days. So, any time I take off is unpaid. Part of the labor laws here allowed us to be paid for 2 sick days per year. That happened for one year, then the new government took over and got rid of it.
Worried businesses would pack up and leave.
I do get three weeks paid holiday this year so I am looking forward to that.

It was a lot of fun playing with all the big toys at work. I do miss it sometimes but not working is pretty hard to beat too. :thumb:
We were down in Jersey doing a job, just after that hurricane blasted through, and we had a boom that took us up about 60-80 feet above the ground. The view of Lady Liberty was amazing. I felt like singing the Star Spangled Banner but it kept starting of Oh Canada...

We were down in Jersey doing a job, just after that hurricane blasted through, and we had a boom that took us up about 60-80 feet above the ground. The view of Lady Liberty was amazing. I felt like singing the Star Spangled Banner but it kept starting of Oh Canada...

Cool. Have you ever worked for the construction union?

We did a lot of pike fishing on Lake Consecon. My aunt lives in Brighton somewhere. Never visited her.

Hey, got my B&L Loupe today. It took me a bit to find the sweet spot, but about 3-5" from my face and things were crystal clear. I probably could have gone with the 14x, with a slightly smaller glass, but this works just fine for what I need. No more ticklers up my nose!
Thanks for the info sir. I call it a good investment!
Smart choice to not visit! They have custard. Not worth the drive.

I am glad you like and will get utility from that suggestion. It does have a further out relief- for use with our without glasses which is nice. I do wish it were slightly larger, but that would also come with some wicked fish distortion, which is meh. All lenses are pretty much trade-offs and there are examples in every price range.

Back
Top Bottom