Love some Labatts Blue and Molson Golden (tough to find them now that I moved to the southeast USA). You all can keep them nasty ketchup chips though. Love ketchup but those Lays things are rancid. Our friends from Windsor used to bring them around.

A true Canadian! Thanks Dutch! i hope all is well. Keeping busy with the wedding plans I'm sure.

Start throwing a slang word in front of eh, eh! You do or see something really good and it's 'f!$# 'in eh man'!
I read that as "fish in eh man!" :)

but the bachelor party weekend has been EPIC!
Ya doing well here. Been so busy lurnin (see Pman, it's still speld corectly) here lately and forgot all about the party. Glad it's been an epic weekend, lol, but epic means stories we wanna hear but you probably don't wanna tell ;)

OK @farside05 this is what I got.
Since my bag of food has a 9.7 N I changed the values to 10.
1tsp comes in at 1.2 grams and 122ppm. That 1.2 was consistent over three samples. It is easily changed if you scoop harder into the powder as it packs it. But if I lightly scoop it I can stay pretty consistent.

Tap water this time came in at 207ppm. I fed her 6 grams of MC which came to 931ppm, tap water value included. Take the 207 off and we get 724ppm.
So if I refer to the sheet , I only used 6 grams which = 60 on the Blended Ratio Calc. Where do I find the info on the N ppm
that you referred to here? Is there a way to calculate that quickly that I am not understanding :hmmmm:
5g of Mega is 120 ppm of N. I try to keep the N under 150 most of the time

OK @farside05 this is what I got.
Since my bag of food has a 9.7 N I changed the values to 10.
1tsp comes in at 1.2 grams and 122ppm. That 1.2 was consistent over three samples. It is easily changed if you scoop harder into the powder as it packs it. But if I lightly scoop it I can stay pretty consistent.

Tap water this time came in at 207ppm. I fed her 6 grams of MC which came to 931ppm, tap water value included. Take the 207 off and we get 724ppm.
So if I refer to the sheet , I only used 6 grams which = 60 on the Blended Ratio Calc. Where do I find the info on the N ppm
that you referred to here? Is there a way to calculate that quickly that I am not understanding :hmmmm:

Along the bottom of Excel you will see a number of tabs for the different sheets/calculators (ie AN study results, PPM or EC calculator, Blended N-P-K Ratio Calculator, etc). Choose the one that says Nitrogen Loading Calculator. In the Data Inputs table. Type Mega Crop in cell B7. Type your 9.7 in cell C7. Now since we are substituting g for ml. Go down to D32 and type in the 6g of Mega you used. Make sure all other values from D33 to D41 are blank since Mega was the only product you used. You should find that 6g of Mega gives you 154 ppm of Nitrogen.

Along the bottom of Excel you will see a number of tabs for the different sheets/calculators (ie AN study results, PPM or EC calculator, Blended N-P-K Ratio Calculator, etc). Choose the one that says Nitrogen Loading Calculator. In the Data Inputs table. Type Mega Crop in cell B7. Type your 9.7 in cell C7. Now since we are substituting g for ml. Go down to D32 and type in the 6g of Mega you used. Make sure all other values from D33 to D41 are blank since Mega was the only product you used. You should find that 6g of Mega gives you 154 ppm of Nitrogen.
OK, I'm familiar with all the tabs so that part will be easy... I just couldn't figure out the N ppm result. Thanks farside...fantastic spreadsheet. I love it!

Please report back on the plant post the 10g feeding!
They don't even look like they knew what hit 'em. I don't see any change after 36 hours. She's due for more :morenutes:
tonight but it'll only be 5g since 6 appears to go over 150ppm N :)

:thumb: for grammar!
Took me quite a few posts to earn that. :nomo:

I have been reading the posts about Megacrop that you all have been posting with a lot of interest because I am using it myself but I admit I have been too lazy to try to figure out exactly what your conclusions are so instead of scouring all the threads I figured I would just be a Dick and ask what your conclusions are. :nomo:

Unfortunately, I don’t have the program Excel on my computer so I can’t use the Excel document you are all using. I have been giving my flowering plants 6.2 g of Megacrop as recommended by the manufacturer but I have also been adding 7.5 mL of Calmag and 1 g of Bud Explosion.

From what I have gleaned from what I have read is that you guys don’t think Calmag is necessary so since my bottle is getting low I was thinking of not using it after this one runs out and I thought I read that you guys don’t think Bud Explosion is really necessary? Ever since I stopped adjusting my pH my plants seem much happier so I was thinking maybe just using straight Megacrop alone may be the answer? I don’t know if this is so much a question or just a statement but that is what I am going to try is the keep it simple stupid approach. :nerd-with-glasses:

That's exactly what we are getting at @Homer Simpson . The Megacrop should replace the Calmag by increasing the dose, however if you go too far outside the MC limits, like I did, then the N ppm becomes too high for the plant, most likely causing nute burn.
I was using Sweet Candy, which has a K value of 16. So we think that was locking out the plant from uptaking the Ca.
I couldn't advise on the BudExplosion as GN does say to use it during the plants phases, veg and bloom. I can't try it on this grow as I have a comparison going already, but next time I will.

OK, I'm familiar with all the tabs so that part will be easy... I just couldn't figure out the N ppm result. Thanks farside...fantastic spreadsheet. I love it!
They don't even look like they knew what hit 'em. I don't see any change after 36 hours. She's due for more :morenutes:
tonight but it'll only be 5g since 6 appears to go over 150ppm N :)
The 6grams is right about that 150 number. Of the plants that I have that seem to eat more, I hit mine with 6 this go round. The ones that show a little tip burn around 120ppm N, I only fed 5. Just read the tips. If they take 5 with no burn, go to 6. If there's slight tip burn at 5, stop there, Not real scientific.

That's exactly what we are getting at @Homer Simpson . The Megacrop should replace the Calmag by increasing the dose, however if you go too far outside the MC limits, like I did, then the N ppm becomes too high for the plant, most likely causing nute burn.
I was using Sweet Candy, which has a K value of 16. So we think that was locking out the plant from uptaking the Ca.
I couldn't advise on the BudExplosion as GN does say to use it during the plants phases, veg and bloom. I can't try it on this grow as I have a comparison going already, but next time I will.

Thanks for verifying about the Megacrop replacing the Calmag. I think I will stick with my plan then and not replace the bottle when it runs out. It is weird that the Sweet Candy was locking out the calcium since it is their formula but I take your word for it and won’t use it despite having a little bag. I wish we weren’t so restricted in plant number because it does make it hard to compare and I find it quite a challenge to stay under the limit as it is. Thanks again for the synopsis Sauga; very helpful. :thumb:

The 6grams is right about that 150 number. Of the plants that I have that seem to eat more, I hit mine with 6 this go round. The ones that show a little tip burn around 120ppm N, I only fed 5. Just read the tips. If they take 5 with no burn, go to 6. If there's slight tip burn at 5, stop there, Not real scientific.
Right, and the tip burn is always how I went. I just didn't understand the N values and how they related to overfeeding. I recall telling Shed I liked to find the limit, then hold or back off slightly from there. So, no matter how hungry they are you are never passing beyond the 150ppm correct?
I wish we weren’t so restricted in plant number because it does make it hard to compare and I find it quite a challenge to stay under the limit as it is.
This is where I flip from standard to metric. 4 plants in Canada is 2.2 in Imperial.

Let me rephrase that...not too far outside of the 150. There is room to play. That is the ideal that you found If I recall.

Correct. I'm usually gonna see that tip burn somewhere around that 120-150 number, on an every watering basis. I grow mostly autos. Maybe a more mature photo will be higher. I forget off hand what 3 types of non-cannabis flowering plants were in some of the University studies that showed the quantity and amount of dried flowers were greatest at those 120-150 numbers.

Ya those plants are on the sheet you sent.
I just thought of this and maybe I don't have a full understanding. That 5ml of MC gives 154ppm. How is that affected with the amount of water? In otherwords, if I mix 1 gal of water with 5ml, the ppm is 154? If I mix 2 gal of water with 5ml is that 77ppm? I'm not sure what, if any, water amount the charts are based on.
The GN calculator allows me to select the amount of water then gives me the amount to use. If I type in 10g on the data inputs it'll come in as 256ppm. :hmmmm:

The 6g gives you that 154 number. It's about 26ppm of N for every gram. 5g is around 130. Anyway, all the calculations are based on 1 gallon of water. So you are correct. If you put 6g in two gallons, you'd have to divide the 154 by 2, or 77 ppm of N. Or if you're mixing up a 5 gallon batch, figure out what strength you want to feed, how many grams that takes, then multiply by 5 for your 5 gallons.

The 6g gives you that 154 number. It's about 26ppm of N for every gram. 5g is around 130. Anyway, all the calculations are based on 1 gallon of water. So you are correct. If you put 6g in two gallons, you'd have to divide the 154 by 2, or 77 ppm of N. Or if you're mixing up a 5 gallon batch, figure out what strength you want to feed, how many grams that takes, then multiply by 5 for your 5 gallons.
Ok, thanks again for the advice and tips :thumb: I assumed it was a gallon, but I assumed once before before and I've been married ever since.

OK, how would everyone like to help me select a photo for this month's entry for Photo Of the Month. They are the same three pics, different cropping, and some not white balanced as much for color and contrast. It would be nice to see what you guys think. I'll tell you mine tomorrow around the same time.

Back
Top Bottom