Ya well you know, it's a Canadian thing. Use the metric system for nutes and you too can have hand grenades. And you have to say eh when done..something like..good job eh?
Those suckers eh? Those are hand grenades eh! That's gonna be a hell of a harvest eh :thumb:
Thank you for the laugh eh..
How’s she bootin’er?
I can't exactly remember how I did it but by looking at the base I have an idea. It'll be in a new journal when time comes.

That is all.
:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O:rolleyes::oops::eek::lot-o-toke:

So I did my first watering on the big girl with the new information picked up over the last couple of days. This is what I ended up with.
My plants were showing signs of Ca def, but as farside05 had pointed out with his information, the plants requirement for Ca during flower actually decreases. Naturally to correct this def Calmag was used, but in fact there is enough Ca for the plant to absorb, except it's being locked out by high levels of K.

So tonight I dropped the Calmag and stopped using the Sweet Candy which ran a K value of 16..very high.
My tap water comes in at 216ppm.
1gm of MC comes in at 81ppm, depending on how many balls were in that gm ;)
Most of my feedings were around 1100ppm the last couple of times, which included Calmag, Sweet Candy, and MC. I would add about 5 grams into the mix in 8L of water
Today, in 4L of water, I had to add ten grams of MC in order to get 1100ppm, with nothing else added. This could be a very dangerous move, since the feeding calculator for that amount of water during late veg only asks for 6.35 grams of MC. I've almost doubled that amount.

So two things could come out of this. First, the thinking to clear up the Ca def was to increase the MC doseage, which should stop the Ca def, and secondly it could kill my plant :) I'm pretty sure she'll be fine. :rolleyes:

:peace:

So I did my first watering on the big girl with the new information picked up over the last couple of days. This is what I ended up with.
My plants were showing signs of Ca def, but as farside05 had pointed out with his information, the plants requirement for Ca during flower actually decreases. Naturally to correct this def Calmag was used, but in fact there is enough Ca for the plant to absorb, except it's being locked out by high levels of K.

So tonight I dropped the Calmag and stopped using the Sweet Candy which ran a K value of 16..very high.
My tap water comes in at 216ppm.
1gm of MC comes in at 81ppm, depending on how many balls were in that gm ;)
Most of my feedings were around 1100ppm the last couple of times, which included Calmag, Sweet Candy, and MC. I would add about 5 grams into the mix in 8L of water
Today, in 4L of water, I had to add ten grams of MC in order to get 1100ppm, with nothing else added. This could be a very dangerous move, since the feeding calculator for that amount of water during late veg only asks for 6.35 grams of MC. I've almost doubled that amount.

So two things could come out of this. First, the thinking to clear up the Ca def was to increase the MC doseage, which should stop the Ca def, and secondly it could kill my plant :) I'm pretty sure she'll be fine. :rolleyes:

:peace:

We'll see how this plays out. You went the ppm balancing route. I work everything off Nitrogen loads. 5g of Mega is 120 ppm of N. I try to keep the N under 150 most of the time. 10g would be 240 ppm of N. The Ca in Mega is almost 3x that in Cal Mag. I'd probably just gone to 6.5 of Mega and not tried to match the PPM's. Just watch for tip burn. We know they could take 1100 ppm from your previous formula, just watch that the higher % of N don't burn.

I'd probably just gone to 6.5 of Mega and not tried to match the PPM's. Just watch for tip burn. We know they could take 1100 ppm from your previous formula, just watch that the higher % of N don't burn.
Hmm, that's the difference in knowledge. You understand plant levels and nutrient needs better than I. I was looking at it from the perspective of if my plants were happy with 1100 ppm then that's what I should be shooting for.
So I could have had issues and stunted buds if I kept adding large amounts of N during flower. Even if I didn't get tip burn, yields would have suffered.
I'll back off the MC as understanding your thinking makes sense now.

Hmm, that's the difference in knowledge. You understand plant levels and nutrient needs better than I. I was looking at it from the perspective of if my plants were happy with 1100 ppm then that's what I should be shooting for.
So I could have had issues and stunted buds if I kept adding large amounts of N during flower. Even if I didn't get tip burn, yields would have suffered.
I'll back off the MC as understanding your thinking makes sense now.

No, in my world at least, don't fear N for hurting bud production. Just fear N for burning. The theory of cutting N during bloom doesn't hold water, both in tissue tests and in other University studies. Advanced Nutrients tests showed N needs went up during flower. Other University studies showed that plants need at least 90 ppm of N in bloom with the best production around that 120-150 level. Again they were not cannabis, but cannabis falls in the same realm as most other flowering plants in nutritional requirements. At N levels over 250 ppm, there was no additional benefit and it begins to become detrimental.

No, in my world at least, don't fear N for hurting bud production. Just fear N for burning. The theory of cutting N during bloom doesn't hold water, both in tissue tests and in other University studies. Advanced Nutrients tests showed N needs went up during flower. Other University studies showed that plants need at least 90 ppm of N in bloom with the best production around that 120-150 level. Again they were not cannabis, but cannabis falls in the same realm as most other flowering plants in nutritional requirements. At N levels over 250 ppm, there was no additional benefit and it begins to become detrimental.
I'll have to go back and look at that report. It's amazing how fast I just forgot about that. :bong:

Back
Top Bottom