SciFi's Bunkrupt Durban X ? Hybrid, First Grow Ever 2010

I wouldn't use those cups cause you'll never be able to make enough holes in it for all the roots growing out of it when they get bigger. Get some aquarium rocks from wally world, the ones in the net bags. Use the rocks around the plant but most importantly use the net from the bags. You can use the whole bag or cut the bottoms out the cups your using and cut the net bag a little bigger than the hole and tape. I'd duct tape for good measure. That's a ghetto solution my buddy used when he first started, works pretty good, but not as good as acual net pots.

Oh yeah ya didn't have to wash the root mass clean of dirt. It would fall out into the bottom of the res. when the root mass gets bigger and then you just clean ur res once a week like ya should be and you'll be fine. Also, what the dimensions of ur box didn't see it mentioned.

Ehh, well the ladies didn't take too kindly to the bath I gave them. I posted a question about going from dirt to hydro and found nothing but an article on another page that described exactly how I did it. I flooded the soilless off the plants and was very gentle with them. Umm.. I'll have to pull the res out, it's very small and I'll likely make it into a cloner once I get the new cab built in about a week.

Help? Lower leaves are all starting to dry up and wither away. It wasn't just a few plants showing it, it looks like all but two are showing it now. Growth at the top is still green. Sorry about the crummy photos.. Only so much you can do with a 2MP camera with a fixed lens. :(

Any ideas?

scifi-leaf1.jpg

scifi-leaf2.jpg

scifi-leaf3.jpg

scifi-leaf4.jpg

scifi-leaf5.jpg

I'm off to see if I can find this in the problem threads.

Oh yea.. the stealth tank is 2 gallons, about 20L"x13W"x5D". PH is holding at 6, and the tank temp crept up to 75ish, the cab stay about 25%RH and fluctuates from 75 to 80F.

Hmm. Perhaps a nitrogen def? Could it be they're pissed I pushed them back off 1/4 strength miracle grow to the first week/seedlings schedule for General Hydroponics for 2 gallons? It worked out to 5ml/5ml/5ml for a 2 gal tank according to their calc and I made sure I mixed it right.
I have some Cal-Mag here too but never used it before.

:( anyone?

Hey cool little do it yourself grow spot :goodjob:. annnnd That is the smallest clone I've ever seen in the little DWC in post 2, did it make it?

Good luck man! let us know if you got any questions I've done a few DWC runs but I know you aren't a new grower so just holler if you wanna, I'm scribed :Rasta:

Hey man yes it appears to be under nuted - you should be running something like 20ml veg/bloom and 10ml micro (totals for 2 gals) for "mild growth" on their schedule - they are no longer seedlings. If they are clones a ppm of 700+ is necessary to keep them healthy and vegging.

If you look at your GH bottles you'll see VEG and BLOOM are almost identical - I don't even buy the VEG stuff I just use the bloom as if it is veg and run 5-10 (ml/gal of micro-bloom respectively) veg and 8-16 flower - you won't want to go as high as the "Recirculating" because DWC is a little different and you have to leave some breathing room for them to drink the ppms up unless you have an automatic topping off mechanism to ensure it is always dropping and never rising.

What kind of meters are you using, SciFi? Also I am growing my lowryders and my blueberry in DWC if you wanna peep that... just rooting the transplant right now tho (zzzzz)

Help within the hour (barely) :cheesygrinsmiley:

Okay, I'm flippin the res, and bumpin up to nutes up. Hope and pray for me. Heh. If this turns out to be a wash I'm hopin' the lady in the dirt makes it, for viable clones.

So, changed the res, and used the next schedule on the calc. That's 20-10-10 ML of Gro/Micro/Bloom. Also, hand watered the pots (Which isn't doing anything.. The roots are seeking out of the bottom of the cups) I'll take a pic of the bottom of the cups tonight. I used a soldering iron, and made them swiss cheesed. Heh. Wish me luck, I'm off to work.

Good call - yeah pics of the setup would be primo so we can see what you're working with under the lid.

Also you didn't tell me what meters you are using? Are you able to check TDS and pH because they are crucial. GH Flora is pretty well pH balanced so if you have a smaller res you could certainly get away with changing it once a week and be set, but ppm is important for maximizing your plants. Chances are you will encounter burn and its best to know exactly where that burn happened because 50 or 100 parts per million below the burn line is where it is best to levitate.

Yea, I have a cheap PH meter. Regretting that purchase now, and no PPM meter. Worse to worse, if it's a wash, I'lll bring this hopefully lady in soilless up, for clones. I'm using distilled water to start thou, and after nutes I'm around 6.7PH, and phing down to just a hair under 6.

Well hopefully it works out for you without metering your parts per million. I know growers who do not use them and there are hydro grows that do not use them, but it isn't recommended. Also if your pH meter may be funky than you can use it on 'pure water' from the store to check it, which should pH around 7.0 ± 0.2 and if your meter reads different it needs calibration.

Yea the meter shows up 7 on distilled water. It's all I use in my res too. Anyways, res is sitting at 5.7ish, and the plants are showing new growth on the tops still...some weeee tiny leafs on all the plants. I may have saved them yet.

So, the lower leaves that are decimated... Should I let it shed them naturally or clip them back with a sterile razor?

Welp after work they were all 80% on tilt. Some had new growth but the leaves were tiny tiny dwarfs, at least the bottom 4 sets of leaves were yellow/green, or burnt to a crisp. All but a few the stems had started to wilt as well. I figured with this much shock I'd likely have lots of boys or hermies, and since I'm moving and have to get a new cab, I'd go ahead and pluck them. I still have the two that I left in soilless, and are doing quite well... I think after I move I'm going to replant them in 2-3 gallon planters. I likely won't be able to post any pictures for several days thou, I'm moving this weekend.

I don't have the figure in front of me at the moment. I'm using GH run-to-waste now as I've got two plants left in plants. Hoping these are ladies and they pull through well. I'll start the next round soon, and hopefully by then I'll have a good DWC tank and a cab. :)

Well some good news on the cab. I may have quite a few for relatively cheap. :) I fimed the ladies (I hope they are!) tonight, and here we sit.. 25 days into veg with to fat short bushy plants. I'm hoping for two girls that I can clone off of, then flower.

Moving sucks, but it's mostly over even thou no one showed up that said they would, and it rained. :\

My temporary cab will have to suffice for now, and it's staying quite a bit more humid in there (around 40-50%, and hovering around 75ish). One of the ladies, had some heat stress I believe, and she's had very light, very tiny holes show up.

Yurp.. Jacked my back up moving. :) I'll get around to the pics soon thou.. These two are still alive and kicking. I'm changing over to the 1-2-3 recipe.

Back
Top Bottom