Scraps Man Cave

Re: (1st Grow!) Organic Afghan under 1000w

I scrog them for the first time Two days ago. Topped them off at the 5th set of leaves then let them grow to almost two feet then tied them down.
DSCN08368.JPG
Any time you have any questions we're here to help each other out. ;)

My First Ebb & Flow Grow.

What's up Gardenseed! They look good man! Yeah, these journals are helpful in so many ways! Allows you to compare progress, track your grow and get tips from other Weeple (that's short for Weed People, just picked that one up yesterday) Wish I had found out about these forums a little sooner, would've saved myself some headaches!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile1342556621.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1190875269.jpg

Topped the girls a few days ago, Mar 25 I believe, in preparation for a ScrOG setup. I waited until the growth above the third node reached about 1/2" and then I just bent it over. Popped right off!! Was a little nervous about the whole thing, as it was my first attempt, but it went well! Super excited to see new growth already! Definitely a good sign! Not sure if those are the new main shoots coming up from the second node, or if they're just fan leaves, but its got me pumped!✊ I also removed the single, serrated leaves because I've read those die and fall off on their own anyway...figured I'd save the plant from trying to maintain them. So far so good

I topped my clones again, trying for the mainline style. I'm with you, tough to pull that trigger. I hand originally done the pinch/ FIM method but felt like it hadn't quite done what I wanted. So I took the scissors from my bonsai tools and snipped the tops. I'm feeling much more confident in my choice. Now I just have to be patient and see what they do.

I topped my clones again, trying for the mainline style. I'm with you, tough to pull that trigger. I hand originally done the pinch/ FIM method but felt like it hadn't quite done what I wanted. So I took the scissors from my bonsai tools and snipped the tops. I'm feeling much more confident in my choice. Now I just have to be patient and see what they do.
I think I'll have to pick up a pair of scissors like that, seems like cutting, rather than pinching, is a safer move...

I think I'll have to pick up a pair of scissors like that, seems like cutting, rather than pinching, is a safer move...

Your best bet, in my opinion, for using from small to large pruning/trimming:
420-magazine-mobile1176181855.jpg

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

420-magazine-mobile354636401.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1460531223.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1040090631.jpg

Mar. 30,
-37 days from seed-
Noticed some edge burn on a couple of the leaves this morning. New growth in the center is looking super yellow also. Maybe due to some lockout from the over-watering I was doing? Planned for another heavy watering in about 3 more days. Should I wait until then to do anything about it?

420-magazine-mobile354636401.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1460531223.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1040090631.jpg

Mar. 30,
-37 days from seed-
Noticed some edge burn on a couple of the leaves this morning. New growth in the center is looking super yellow also. Maybe due to some lockout from the over-watering I was doing? Planned for another heavy watering in about 3 more days. Should I wait until then to do anything about it?

That shredded bark isn't doing you any favors. It's acidic, & prolly effects your resting soil ph to a degree.

"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything." - Mark Twain

Just back-read a bit, to refresh what you're up to.
Fucking Fox Farm soil. To be nice: It's garbage. The GenHydro nutes are fine man, but they don't sync with the FF soil. Me? I'd go buy a couple bags of coco, some caliMagic, and carefully dig those out of the FF soil & dump that shit in my veggie garden. That's your best hope for success. If you do decide to head in that direction, holler & I'll help you sort it out, it's not a difficult fix. .

That shredded bark isn't doing you any favors. It's acidic, & prolly effects your resting soil ph to a degree.

Yeah, the "Natures Care Organic Soil" had a lot more of that in it than I realized. Definitely won't be using that again... You think its gonna negatively effect the whole grow?

Yeah, the "Natures Care Organic Soil" had a lot more of that in it than I realized. Definitely won't be using that again.... You think its gonna negatively effect the whole grow?

Fucking Fox Farm soil. To be nice: It's garbage. The GenHydro nutes are fine man, but they don't sync with the FF soil. Me? I'd go buy a couple bags of coco, some caliMagic, and carefully dig those out of the FF soil & dump that shit in my veggie garden. That's your best hope for success. If you do decide to head in that direction, holler & I'll help you sort it out, it's not a difficult fix.

Fucking Fox Farm soil. To be nice: It's garbage. The GenHydro nutes are fine man, but they don't sync with the FF soil. Me? I'd go buy a couple bags of coco, some caliMagic, and carefully dig those out of the FF soil & dump that shit in my veggie garden. That's your best hope for success. If you do decide to head in that direction, holler & I'll help you sort it out, it's not a difficult fix. .

Thanks for the response and the tip DG! Damn, I had read a bunch of good things about it before I bought it... Thought it was a good choice My budget for this one's pretty much maxed. Can't really afford the new supplies for a complete medium swap. Think it'll make it to harvest the way it is? Maybe just end up with a small yeild?

Back
Top Bottom