Scraps Man Cave

Thanks for the response and the tip DG! Damn, I had read a bunch of good things about it before I bought it... Thought it was a good choice. My budget for this one's pretty much maxed. Can't really afford the new supplies for a complete medium swap. Think it'll make it to harvest the way it is? Maybe just end up with a small yeild?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

It's not that it won't work my friend, I just foresee FF soil being problematic. A bag of coco is about $20, calimagic is $16. I just can't help you, when FF soil is in play, is all. Maybe someone else here can sort out the issues.

It's not that it won't work my friend, I just foresee FF soil being problematic. A bag of coco is about $20, calimagic is $16. I just can't help you, when FF soil is in play, is all. Maybe someone else here can sort out the issues.
I totally understand DG, thanks for the advice! I'll definitely keep the coco and calimagic in mind for the next grow! I think I'm just gonna keep her goin the way she is and hope for the best... Maybe with some close PH monitoring, proper watering and appropriate nutes/sups, she'll pull through.

Any guesses as to what may have caused this? I upped the dose of Cal+Mag following this pic and it seems to have cleared. With 20gl pots though, I did't think they'd go through the soil nutes that quickly! Must've been a deficiency caused by poor watering habits.

420-magazine-mobile527224319.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1994519136.jpg

My little experiment:

Left- Topped and cleared to have 14 total braches. All new side branches from these will be removed.
Right- Topped and cleared to have 14 total branches. Any new growth tips from those will be allowed to freely grow.

Which do you think will yeild more? Left or right?

in because i like afghani...are these true seeds or feminized?

Wish I had room for 20g pots...!!!
What's up nobodyhere! They're Fem seeds from Amsterdamnseeds.com. Good eye on the pot size man. You know your stuff! They're at 9 weeks right now. Gonna push 'em at least another month in veg to make use of the pot size.

What's up nobodyhere! They're Fem seeds from Amsterdamnseeds.com. Good eye on the pot size man. You know your stuff! They're at 9 weeks right now. Gonna push 'em at least another month in veg to make use of the pot size.

I am thinking if it's a true landrace you could probably veg em for 2-3 more months....ha.

I love afghani...it was one of the first things available 20+ something years ago when I started smoking. I am working through an ounce of it right now, think I have about 13g left.

I have some true seeds...

Changed the direction of the MH and angled the LEDs so that the foot print covers the plants a little better. Lux meter near the girls is measuring roughly 50,000 with the LEDs off. That's about where it should be right?

420-magazine-mobile1347125370.jpg

Nice I got same set up 1000w hps plus a few led lights around

Any guesses as to what may have caused this? I upped the dose of Cal+Mag following this pic and it seems to have cleared. With 20gl pots though, I did't think they'd go through the soil nutes that quickly! Must've been a deficiency caused by poor watering habits.

420-magazine-mobile527224319.jpg

better have it dried thoroughly. That could be one of two things, if not three. Overwatering, which causes a nute lockdown essentially (no need to up the cal-mag). Incorrect pH, for soil it should be around 5.5-7.0, personally I use 6.0 to juggle values. Incorrect pH leads to nute lockdown, too. The third one, and I think this is improbable, light burn. 1000w LED sure is big, but LEDs nary generate enough heat to cause such burning unless the plant tops or leaves are, like, less than 50cm away from the diodes.
Goodluck, Scrapper. Like yours, my Afghan is going swimmingly, but in the flowering stage.

I've always understood 1 gallon per month of life, that thing will be growing roots for months lol I am excited to see how it turns out. I didn't think it is a good idea to mix led with hps/mh.. So I'm subbed for your experiment

I've always understood 1 gallon per month of life, that thing will be growing roots for months lol I am excited to see how it turns out. I didn't think it is a good idea to mix led with hps/mh.. So I'm subbed for your experiment
Glad to have you onboard Justwannagrow! A gallon per month?! ...didn't realize that was the standard Don't think I have quite enough room for that. I'll be keeping them in veg for another month at least, not sure about beyond that though. Just looking for enough green to fill the screen✊. What's the word on mixing lights? Haven't heard anything about it being a bad idea

Back
Top Bottom