Scrog Training Help

HigherTheHigh

Hello all back once again pestering for answers and help :yahoo:

I'm currently growing 3 Cheese in a 4*3 tent trying to attempt a perfect scrog, I say perfect as I have tried many times before and they were poor to say the least barring one that was semi okay.

The screen is 20" from the floor and 10" from top of pot to screen, I'm running a 2ft 4 bar T5 & a 300w red CFL but I am updating the lights to two SP250's this month at some point.

My goal is 25oz per harvest and I'm hopeful for 5 harvests per year, is there anything people can help me with to get me there or would you change anything in particular?

Also should I trim them?

Oooh more cheese, good luck mate! I have only scrogged a couple times wouldn't be the best adviser. But do you know how much this strain will stretch? They look lovely by the way.
Mine stretched very little(10-12 inchish), but I did bloom under 6500K MH @1000watts for 2 weeks before I switched to 2000K HPS @1000watts. I ran a Cheese, Cookies, Green Crack and AK X Choco Kush, and the Cheese stretched the least.

I'm liking this strain quite a lot, I do like the fact there staying short and bushy even though I have done some work.

it's also good to know about the stretch too as that can be the bain of my life when I flip sometimes, I have grown green crack a few times and that strain did love to stretch, may actually finish next year with that strain.

I'm going to try a critical strain on the next scrog.

Keep your screen as low as you can, stop as much vertical growth as possible. Inevitably you want as much horizontal growth as you can get. I didn't expect my GSC and the Critical + strain to stretch as much as they did. But I think that is due to using 28L rocket pots aswell. My fourth grow/scrog turned out the best so far but I used smaller spacing in scrog 50mmx50mm. Now that I have tried 100mmx100mm it has provided less heads but larger colas. Think I'll go back to 50mmx50mm next time.
Fourth
Now
20191130_150026.jpg

I scrogged my very first grow and it worked out well other than the fact I had to cut the bud away from the scrog at harvest time.
I haven't done it since, just using training, and letting it grow out naturally.
Part of my hesitation in doing it again was my frustration at trying to get to the plants.
Last time it was done in a 3X3 tent.
Now I have a 5X5 tent and the thought of shimmying under the netting to get to the back areas of the tent seems daunting.
That didn't stop me from purchasing new scrog netting though.
Since I hand water on a daily basis, If I can organize the pots so they are easy to reach, I might give it another go.
I sure like the yield that scrogging can potentially give you.

I'm looking into some sort of drip ring like a Floraflex, my canopy is 10" but I would much prefer 6-8", I have until the end of this month to get the net filled in properly ready to flip on the first :).

That was also why I chose to go back to 50*50 mesh as the larger stuff isn't the best and I have used it pretty much every time.

What were both of your yields compared to standard training?

Trust me I feel you when you say about trying to water, I tried 9 plants in a 4*4 and that nearly killed me :laugh: in only a foot shorter but centred plants.

Hello , Dutchman has a journal going on now that has the auto water/drip system you mentioned , and he really likes it , i was p.m. with him and talked about it ,i went out and bought the lids for the plants myself also , the only problem is the hole in the centre of the lid (it fits inside the top of the pots, the large 12 inch fit a 7 gallon pot perfectly ) is hard to get on a existing grow if the stalks are about a inch around so i will have to wait till my next setup /grow to actually try them , they were cheap about 8 bucks per lid at the hydro shop , there are 2 types the one that floods the top of the lid works good or the ones that allow you to clip a spray emitters along the side of the lids where ever you chose .i chose the flooded lid style .they also keep any kind of algae etc from starting on top of your pots , can be used for soil or coco .there are 2 sizes 6 inch and 12 inch .and they come in round and square .

Hello bud yeah I have taken a look at them, I have seen some that have a slide in but I will need to take a look a look but for sure the next projects I will use them.

I have a pump that I'm planning on using at every feed to those drippers, I did make some for the last plants out of hose pipe so if needs be I will make some more of those again :).

I'm looking into some sort of drip ring like a Floraflex, my canopy is 10" but I would much prefer 6-8", I have until the end of this month to get the net filled in properly ready to flip on the first :).

That was also why I chose to go back to 50*50 mesh as the larger stuff isn't the best and I have used it pretty much every time.

What were both of your yields compared to standard training?

Trust me I feel you when you say about trying to water, I tried 9 plants in a 4*4 and that nearly killed me :laugh: in only a foot shorter but centred plants.

I run 9 plants in a 4x4 using automated watering. The 12 head manifolds from site sponsor Cannabis irrigation supply work well for it.

String/twine for the nets is annoying but you can cut it out to hang the whole plants rather than hacking the plants up to get them out. I've been using custom length bungee cords to make my own grid. Just need to make some more adjustments to dial it in. It works surprisingly well.

I will take a look at those bud, I only really need 3 quality drippers or similar then I can stick my pump on and pump away, I will have to take a look at your journal from the start to see what you mean about the bungee cords, I don't mind paying for more of this mesh though as it's cheap and the seller is bang on for pricing.

On my first SCROG, a 4'X4', I used a 3X3' stretch type cargo net on both levels. When used in a 4X4', the mesh is about 8 inches. I secured it with the hooks at 4 corners, then used zip ties to secure it on the laterals. When I released tension the upper net shrunk and released all the buds. The 8 inch mesh net didn't work for the lower level. It was a pain to train the plants. I will use the cargo net in my next grow on top, but now have heavy gauge 2X4" galvanized fence for the lower level, and that seems to work well. I have my first level 8 inches above the bag, and the second level is 8 inches above that. I use four 7 gallon grow bags on pot elevators.

Back
Top Bottom