Vertical & Horizontal Training

HigherTheHigh

Hello everyone.

I'm currently growing 3 Cheese from Seedsman and plan to flower in a 2*4 tent, I need as much yield as I can possibly get as I plan to make edibles and concentrate.

My goal is 20-25oz but I'm struggling to think how I'm going to train them, my hopeful goal was to run a scrog screen around 10" above the pots and also put a 45° angle screen 30cm away from each side so I get around an extra 2-3" plus I was also thinking of running the scrog screen on the walls of each 2ft side and tie bud sites up so there not hanging about.

The main problem is though is I have tried to create scrogs before but they were never any good and were very poor if I'm honest, I know there's a lot of good scroggers in here and I'd love your input!

Plants are currently topped at the 4th node with 6 main stems, the first two branches are there but I may chop them if they don't catch up, there in 12L pots, 60/40 coco/perlite mix

Planned lights are either 2x 250w HPS or 1 SP 250 (maybe two).

If not a scrog what would you do?

Seen a member on here claim he got 20oz harvest from a 2*4 so it's possible maybe

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for all the input everyone, yeah I managed to get 20oz in a 4x4 on one of my first grows too, actually struggled to hit it since but i think it was due to the strains I then used, if I had trained the canopy more I would of got a lot more as where were canopy holes everywhere open, the bud on my profile photos was one of them, I think I had around 10 branches with buds less size than cans lol.

You like a good scrog turbo :thumb: what strain is that your running?

I have thought many times what training including main lining, I'm using 50*50mm of screen so I could in theory make sure each bud site has 4" square each to there own maybe?

I can't grow indoors and I need to keep stealthy with an outdoor balcony grow. I training 3 plants horizontally by taking a Quadlining approach. I intend to try and keep them horizontal for as close to flowering as possible. As now at about 10 weeks the Quad arms are reaching the rims so I hope to train them around the rim to delay them going vertical.
Here is a pic of one of them.

you ever consider limiting each plant to 8 tops or so? you might up your yield

You'll need to clarify. I'm not sure what your suggestion is.

That crop was three strains. White strawberry skunk, my Bagseed Barbie, and Bruce banger. I've only run a single strain once.

I have OG Kush, blueberry, and strawberry banana in tent #2 right now. Tent #1 is full of fruit punch that's drying. And the next load in is GDP and strawberry banana. If you want to run multiple strains in a screen it's no big deal. Just make sure they have a similar harvest window or it could be a mess.

I ran multiple strains once it was my second grow lol it was up and down all over but I would maybe run multiple, I'm a lover of really basic strains so old school, sure sensi stock old school stains.

I have a better update that you may like better now, I ended up buying one of those Homebox R120 which is 120*90*180cm (W-D-H) so at least now the plants have an extra 30cm so 60*90cm of canopy, also means I could run two sp250's.

I ran multiple strains once it was my second grow lol it was up and down all over but I would maybe run multiple, I'm a lover of really basic strains so old school, sure sensi stock old school stains.

I have a better update that you may like better now, I ended up buying one of those Homebox R120 which is 120*90*180cm (W-D-H) so at least now the plants have an extra 30cm so 60*90cm of canopy, also means I could run two sp250's.

The most important time for a scrog grow is during the stretch. It's a daily battle to keep everyone tucked down to the same level. That's regardless of different strains.

Yeah I imagine it would be, that's where my scrogs went wrong but this time around I will be doing everything I possibly can to get the best outcome, plus all of your comments from you all really help with my confidence as at the moment it's shot :laugh:.

Just took the current photos a few minutes ago just to show you at what point I'm at.

@TurboBucket by tops I mean branches that reach the top of the canopy. If you remove all side branches and only keep your strongest 8 tops you’ll be growing your plants to their maximum yield and quality potential. There’s a great video about it by a guy name Chef Derek Butt. Search YouTube for “topping for optimum yield and quality.”

@TurboBucket by tops I mean branches that reach the top of the canopy. If you remove all side branches and only keep your strongest 8 tops you’ll be growing your plants to their maximum yield and quality potential. There’s a great video about it by a guy name Chef Derek Butt. Search YouTube for “topping for optimum yield and quality.”

So take out all but 72 bud sites?
Either I'm not understanding the point or you're misunderstanding my plants.

No matter. I grow like this. :thumb: it's fast and effective.

Those scrogs look amazing, I have watched that man a few times I'll take another watch now.

So because my canopy on each of these are now 40*90 is there any training I should know of, I was thinking of running the 4 nodes giving me 8 branches and then train them so when you look down it will be 4 does of 2 then top again and then start tucking and weaving, Would that be any good?

I have been taking a look at some sensi seeds strains and came across a California indica, came across some grow journals and they look pretty big buds, yield looked okay on some but I think that was down to others growing skills, have you ever or anyone tried them?

Back
Top Bottom