Second Grow - Michigan Medical Marijuana - 2009

Some pic updates as we stand.

The clones. 2 each of the Moby Dick, White Widow and Medical 1024. One in center back is Jack47 started from seed but put into the cloner when it wasn't doing well.
clones47.jpg

White Widow (back) The Church (front)
White_Widow19.jpg

White Ice
White_Ice.jpg

The Church
The_Church8.jpg

G13 Labs Super Skunk
Super_Skunk8.jpg

Power Kush
Power_Kush13.jpg

Medical 1024-very leggy
Medical_10246.jpg

Medical 1024 & Moby Dick
Medical_1024-Moby_DIck.jpg

that medical 1024 is a squirrely looking thing isn't it? Got some fat nugs on the tops though. All looking good, as usual. I bet that widow is smelling mighty fine right about now as she dries :)

Amazing job as usual. That widow is one unbelievable plant... Nice haul to say the least..... Always fun to watch you grow..... Great job...:bravo:

MDVL,

I just wondered how you are feeling. I read your post and I hope everything turns out alright for you. I do understand about ulcers my hubby gets them every once in a while. I'd like to talk to you some more. I wish you all the best.

beetlelady80

hi BeetleLady80 ~ i am feeling much better thank you for asking. Went to the Doc on Monday and they are going to do a upper and lower scope, just to be on the safe side which is a good thing because there is cancer that run's in my family, altho i am not looking forward to either procedure. Well today i put our last auto flowers in cubes and hope we get a few females out of them. We have 2 AK47-Hindu Kush and BlueBerry. Will take about 2-3 wks before they show their sex. Hope to chat soon Karen

MDVL What your doing is the best thing you can do. IMO.
As a multiple cancer patient I will say this. The faster you catch it, the easier to cure. That's just worst case. Hope they only find an ulcer which is much easier to cure, or maybe they will find nothing.:grinjoint:

Hey MDVL and GMT let me know if that autoflower blueberry turns out to be male. im thinking if you cross it with say NL#5 we can get a blueberry that doesnt autoflower. what do you guys think.

beetle

that medical 1024 is a squirrely looking thing isn't it? Got some fat nugs on the tops though. All looking good, as usual. I bet that widow is smelling mighty fine right about now as she dries :)

You know that brother. She has some very dense and dank smelling buds. She won't last long around here..lol. Thanks for dropping in my friend.

Just stoppin in, looks like you guys got a lot going on, you're getting up there with the best.

Weedy, thank you for saying so. Not sure if we are that good yet, but still trying. As soon as I finish wiring in the new breaker box, we should have better control of the heat and lighting. I have lost 2 Northern Lights x Big Bud seeds, and one Cheese seed. The week of warm weather we had put the scare in us. We aren't able to run the big lights and the a/c unit at the same time. So it was a wake up call to do something about the electrical. We have opted to add a 6 space, 100 amp additional panel. It will be wired in parallel to the main panel, and not off a breaker in the main panel. It will have 6 - 20amp breakers available for the grow area, thereby isolating the grow from the rest of the house. One 20 amp breaker for the 2 - 1000 watt lights, one 20 amp breaker for the a/c, and one 20 amp breaker for the rest of the grow room. That will leave 3 - 20 amp breakers for future expansion.

Hey MDVL and GMT let me know if that autoflower blueberry turns out to be male. im thinking if you cross it with say NL#5 we can get a blueberry that doesnt autoflower. what do you guys think.

beetle

Hey brother, we crossed one of the Blueberry auto's with a Jamaican in our last journal. Still have seeds available. We grew one female from that cross, and she went hermie on us. So we haven't introduced any more of those seeds into our grow room. However, my brother has planted a couple dozen of them in the "wilds" up north. So we shall see if anything comes from that effort.

Sweet pic. update.. they look so much better when they're still. Great job guys!

Sisco, thank you brother. They are getting there! The medical 1024 has grown big and the buds are getting heavier by the day. So much so, that we are now having to add support for the branches that are sagging. She still has a month to go. Trying to get the clones and seedlings to put on some more growth as fast as they can. We want to get at least 3 more into the flower room in the next couple weeks. I have one clone that is not doing so well. Might have to get another to replace her. I also plan to add a few more seeds in that time frame as well.:thanks:

Weedy, thank you for saying so. Not sure if we are that good yet, but still trying. As soon as I finish wiring in the new breaker box, we should have better control of the heat and lighting. I have lost 2 Northern Lights x Big Bud seeds, and one Cheese seed. The week of warm weather we had put the scare in us. We aren't able to run the big lights and the a/c unit at the same time. So it was a wake up call to do something about the electrical. We have opted to add a 6 space, 100 amp additional panel. It will be wired in parallel to the main panel, and not off a breaker in the main panel. It will have 6 - 20amp breakers available for the grow area, thereby isolating the grow from the rest of the house. One 20 amp breaker for the 2 - 1000 watt lights, one 20 amp breaker for the a/c, and one 20 amp breaker for the rest of the grow room. That will leave 3 - 20 amp breakers for future expansion.

GMT I just did such a thing at my dads house and then had it inspected. to make it meet code i had to place the out box on a 50A 220 breaker in the old box. otherwise it wont meet code. i had to add it because he got a outside hot tub and a corner bubbler tub for the bathroom.If you use a 50A 220 breaker you shouldnt have a problem with it. i ran a separate 2 breaker out box to my room. its on a 30 A 220 breaker with 2 15A breakers in the out box. i run my 1000w. and 1 exhaust fan on one breaker and the 400w the other exhaust and a 5000 btu AC Its works but i really need to bump mine to 50A 220 and a 6 breaker box that in the future as money permits. By the way im running 12G 3 in 1 from old box to new box.

beetle

GMT I just did such a thing at my dads house and then had it inspected. to make it meet code i had to place the out box on a 50A 220 breaker in the old box. otherwise it wont meet code. i had to add it because he got a outside hot tub and a corner bubbler tub for the bathroom.If you use a 50A 220 breaker you shouldnt have a problem with it. i ran a separate 2 breaker out box to my room. its on a 30 A 220 breaker with 2 15A breakers in the out box. i run my 1000w. and 1 exhaust fan on one breaker and the 400w the other exhaust and a 5000 btu AC Its works but i really need to bump mine to 50A 220 and a 6 breaker box that in the future as money permits. By the way im running 12G 3 in 1 from old box to new box.

beetle

I am running the new panel on a 6-3 wire. This is considered a second panel, parallel, not a slave panel. Almost the same as wiring it directly off the meter. Instead of running it off the "head" of the meter line, I am running it off the tail, where it connects to the main panel. 6-3 is required for running an additional panel, at least according to what I have researched. All the feeder lines are 12-3 with ground. I won't use anything less than 12-3 for feeder lines. I have to connect the 2 hot wires, and the panel will be up and running. I was going to do it yesterday, but forgot I had to go look at a bathtub leak at MDVL's bother's house he is renting. The landlord asked me to take a look at it. So I will go back today to repair the leak, then finish up the connections later. It is still cool enough out to give us some leeway.

I am running the new panel on a 6-3 wire. This is considered a second panel, parallel, not a slave panel. Almost the same as wiring it directly off the meter. Instead of running it off the "head" of the meter line, I am running it off the tail, where it connects to the main panel. 6-3 is required for running an additional panel, at least according to what I have researched. All the feeder lines are 12-3 with ground. I won't use anything less than 12-3 for feeder lines. I have to connect the 2 hot wires, and the panel will be up and running. I was going to do it yesterday, but forgot I had to go look at a bathtub leak at MDVL's bother's house he is renting. The landlord asked me to take a look at it. So I will go back today to repair the leak, then finish up the connections later. It is still cool enough out to give us some leeway.

thats kewl i guess zoning is different from place to place because that was how i had the box wired for inspection. i used same wire that leads into the main box, hooked my wires right to the same screws that the lead wire was hooked to and ran the out box. when it was inspected they said that was against code. to make it code i had to switch it to a breaker in the main box. having 2 wires hooked in the lead screws, basicly bypassing any breakers in the main box, was against code where he lives and i had the out box right next to the main box.

beetle

thats kewl i guess zoning is different from place to place because that was how i had the box wired for inspection. i used same wire that leads into the main box, hooked my wires right to the same screws that the lead wire was hooked to and ran the out box. when it was inspected they said that was against code. to make it code i had to switch it to a breaker in the main box. having 2 wires hooked in the lead screws, basicly bypassing any breakers in the main box, was against code where he lives and i had the out box right next to the main box.

beetle

There are no additional circuits available to wire it to the main off a breaker. That is the crux of the problem. So I simply decided on a secondary "main". If I were to pull 2 breakers off the original main, and wire in series off a 50A breaker, I would still run into breakers tripping. Additionally second panel is across the room from the main, requiring me to tear out the drywall to extend the lines to the two original breakers I would have to remove.

There are no additional circuits available to wire it to the main off a breaker. That is the crux of the problem. So I simply decided on a secondary "main". If I were to pull 2 breakers off the original main, and wire in series off a 50A breaker, I would still run into breakers tripping. Additionally second panel is across the room from the main, requiring me to tear out the drywall to extend the lines to the two original breakers I would have to remove.

yea that was my problem too. that was why i put in the out box. no more spaces for breakers. i had to buy 2 double breakers. they are a breaker that has 2 switches and 2 leads per slot. so you combine 2 breakers into 1. both were 15 amp, i had to do 2 of them to open up 2 slots for a 220 breaker. it was costly the double breaker cost like somewhere between 35 and 50, i cant remember, a piece or so for the box i had.

i understand what your doing and i agree with you in your idea. it was the same one i had but alas the electrician said no go :) it did work with out a problem. as long as you dont have to have your house inspected for sale your prolly good. my dad was selling his place and had to have it inspected. that was when my 'secondary main' as you called was popoed. my argument was it worked fine and everything was still covered by a breaker. I dont foresee you having any trouble with it.

beetle

Back
Top Bottom