Seedlings 2nd: Black Lime Bubba & OGKBV2.1 Cross

So, I listened to an episode of that podcast featuring a commercial organic grower really close to me. His name is David Perron and he runs The Green Organic Dutchman.....I want to see if I can get in contact and possibly get a tour......maybe beg for a job :rofl: They work with living soils on a large scale and I really am impressed with how he is going against the grain with the typical commercial operations focusing mainly on profits and salt based nutes.

Exciting stuff.

So, I listened to an episode of that podcast featuring a commercial organic grower really close to me. His name is David Perron and he runs The Green Organic Dutchman.....I want to see if I can get in contact and possibly get a tour......maybe beg for a job :rofl: They work with living soils on a large scale and I really am impressed with how he is going against the grain with the typical commercial operations focusing mainly on profits and salt based nutes.

Exciting stuff.
Before I found Docs Kit I was looking into doing LOS I even mixed up a Bunch of Super Cool Super Soil and Coots mix, Even some Fox Farm soil to use but if I am only doing indoor I will stick with Docs kit but if I can ever do an outdoor grow I will go LOS for that. I think it is Great for more people to go Organic

Before I found Docs Kit I was looking into doing LOS I even mixed up a Bunch of Super Cool Super Soil and Coots mix, Even some Fox Farm soil to use but if I am only doing indoor I will stick with Docs kit but if I can ever do an outdoor grow I will go LOS for that. I think it is Great for more people to go Organic
I actually didn't realize how much of a negative impact salt based nutes have on the environment......if they use soil, they usually use it once....plus the quantity of runoff that contaminates the environment it is dumped into.....for a large scale commercial operation it is really not ethical....but it makes more money so to hell with it huh?

I really didn't care for the government products, now I can't stand them. I will be telling everyone I come across about the environmental impact. I don't think most people would consider that aspect.

I am also a big fan of Coots (Jim Bennet) now....probably my favorite person to listen to speak so far. He sounds like this jaded grumpy old coot that thinks most everyone in the world is corrupt, but he is probably pretty on point with that. His knowledge on growing cannabis, creating high quality worm castings, IPM, Neem, Sphagnum, compost teas and most everything else he opens up about is really impressive.

He was sharing his soil recipe for free for years and apparently if you track him down in person he gives cuts for free of some of his legendary stuff like "The one" if he has them on hand.

Sticky hooked me up with some Organic grow and Man what a difference it was So much better then what I can get in the dispensaries so I am sold on organically grown or our DBHBB. Of course I haven't tried any DBHBB yet so I am taking others word on it but I am looking forward to trying it.

Sticky hooked me up with some Organic grow and Man what a difference it was So much better then what I can get in the dispensaries so I am sold on organically grown or our DBHBB. Of course I haven't tried any DBHBB yet so I am taking others word on it but I am looking forward to trying it.
Absolutely 100%......any other way really has no soul. I can't go back....anytime I try anything else it just isn't pleasurable at all. Now if I am out and someone offers I pass. I would really rather be sober than put that into my body! :rofl:

So, I am headed off to a Birthday Party for someone I have not met yet. Apparently he loves cannabis and I decided to put together a little sample pack for him. I picked out some really nice sample nugs roughly between 1.5g to 3.5g.....the BCP nug is the 3.5g as they are really dense for the equivalent size.

I threw in:
Black Cherry Punch
Lemon Thai Kush
Laniakea (GSC pheno)
Laniakea (Skellington pheno)
...and some of Duggs nugs as a bonus cause I have a stash. Not enough KA5H or the Crop King Durban, but I managed to find:
A5 Panama
Crop King Chronic
Bubba Hash

Gonna be fun to see the feedback on that one :rofl: :bongrip:

20200222_211930.jpg

So, I am headed off to a Birthday Party for someone I have not met yet. Apparently he loves cannabis and I decided to put together a little sample pack for him. I picked out some really nice sample nugs roughly between 1.5g to 3.5g.....the BCP nug is the 3.5g as they are really dense for the equivalent size.

I threw in:
Black Cherry Punch
Lemon Thai Kush
Laniakea (GSC pheno)
Laniakea (Skellington pheno)
...and some of Duggs nugs as a bonus cause I have a stash. Not enough KA5H or the Crop King Durban, but I managed to find:
A5 Panama
Crop King Chronic
Bubba Hash

Gonna be fun to see the feedback on that one :rofl: :bongrip:
How did the birthday boy like his present? ................I think I know the answer to this one:blunt:

Wow! A few days flew by and my girls are booming. Went with some foliars tonight with a mix of Brix and SO. They are starting to look thirsty as well, so tomorrow they will get hit with a strong growth drench as suggested by Doc. Flip is getting closer and closer every day. Plan on doing that around March 9th.

20200226_214415.jpg

I think I am gonna flip pretty soon here. Was flipping through the calendar to see what's happening in my life 9 weeks from now. It is feeling like I have a target to hit as far as harvest is concerned. They are getting pretty big and I was planning on next Monday to flip, but I am gonna get all my lights and timers set up tonight.....just did that and switched to 12/12. The back two have been strong while the front has been a bit weak from the get go in the OGKBV2.1 cross and the BLB is small....but looking like a Bubba. Lots of tops and I should be happy with the yield.

20200302_173925.jpg
20200302_173921.jpg

@Killerbudz I have been pounding the breeders on the potcast for a week now and have the urge to buy seeds so bad! Good stuff though, really a game changer for seed selection. Starting a shopping list pretty soon here :rofl:

...hehe, I just bought 5 blue dream yesterday, don't know why, other than it's my grandson's fave at the moment...also have some STS on the way, so it will be there when I get home for sure...other than another seed attempt, not sure what/if to grow...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...:hookah:...

...hehe, I just bought 5 blue dream yesterday, don't know why, other than it's my grandson's fave at the moment...also have some STS on the way, so it will be there when I get home for sure...other than another seed attempt, not sure what/if to grow...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...:hookah:...
Right now the top of my list is looking like some stuff from Dominion....like the polecat bx1, so I can see some of the real deal chemdog genetics and something from the Freeborn selections and Lucky Dog. The Dominion stuff is really reasonable for $$$ and Duke sounds like he does a real good job of putting out a good product. The other two are getting up there in price, but probably worth the money since those guys really have some legendary stuff. I am catching on to how they breed and they all start out with good cuts and work them so out of a pack you are likely gonna get what is advertised. Those potcasts really do shed some light on what is going on and I have really been loving hearing about it all.

Nobody seems to like the blue dream.....along with DJ shorts blueberry nobody can seem to find what they are looking for when going through several packs.

Update...first day of bloom. Things are looking great. Just fed the brix, and had a good inspection. The larger BLB is really impressive. Some interesting stripes on the stems. A real dark purple and Lime green.
20200303_183145.jpg
20200303_183133.jpg
20200303_183124.jpg
20200303_183120.jpg
20200303_183038.jpg

The smaller BLB is looking pretty healthy, just more compact.
20200303_183214.jpg
20200303_183222.jpg
20200303_183228.jpg

Puffing on the Laniakea Skellington pheno :bongrip:

Oh.....and I just heard about this reversal spray that is sold by Matt Riot Seeds. Might be pricey, but I heard it works really well. If I ever want to try and make an S1 I think I would give it a shot.

...Yeah, there's a few pre mixed or smaller size mix your own out there...shipping to Canada isn't an option for some of the ones I looked at tho'...best deals on raw product seem to be on Ebay...I'll probably be in heaven/ hell... ;) before I use up all the product I ordered...looking forward to trying it, as my CS attempt at S1's was a bust last year...
......cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...

Back
Top Bottom