Seedsman Sponsored Grow: Peyote Wi-Fi By Beez

A space opened up in my flowering tent yesterday so today I did a little tidying up, some branch supporting, and leaf removal on the girls already flowering. The open slot is now occupied by my beautiful Seedsman Original Skunk #1 plant. First time growing this strain so I'm not sure how much she'll stretch. I've heard their stretch can vary from plant to plant. Since I have a relatively short tent I wanted to get her in there now in case she is one of the big stretchers. Going in to the flowering tent to me she is looking beautiful. I have been having a few problems with my flowering plants of late and can only attribute it to the organic soil I'm using. I've changed the recipe up a little for the Skunk so I'm anxious to see if it makes a positive difference. Here are her first couple photos in the flowering tent. Behind her to the right is Black Cherry Punch at flip + 32 days. In the back left is Jellium #4 who is at flip +33 days. And barely in the second photo is Chem 91 X Aliendog Cherry at flip + 23 days.

I was really looking forward to some interaction in this thread instead of folks popping in and grabbing some quick "likes" and popping out again. But what are you gonna do right? For those of you taking the time to comment and share you're greatly appreciated.

I was really looking forward to some interaction in this thread instead of folks popping in and grabbing some quick "likes" and popping out again. But what are you gonna do right? For those of you taking the time to comment and share you're greatly appreciated
Hey now! I resemble that remark!
:rofl:

I'm a lurker.... lol

In my defense, your grow is always on point, so I have no advice... just applause.
:passitleft:

That skunk is gonna easily be the biggest plant in the tent! She’s freakin enormous. Jellium lookin awesome as ever. Was the BCP the one you’re having problems with? It looks really faded but the leaf lift is fantastic.

In my defense, my work is completely exhausting. Sometimes all I have energy for is a like.

Maybe I look at this the wrong way. I want to think of a / my journal as a place people can come and ask questions, share photos of their plants they're proud of, or seek info if they have a plant under-performing. I love discussions about seeds and genetics. Love when people share successes with various strains etc.

Take a close look at the two plants behind the Skunk. Hardly on point. They're both struggling to keep leaves on them. Most of the leaves on the Black Cherry Punch plant are yellow. This Jellium like the one I just harvested probably won't have but a handful of fan leaves left when I harvest her in 30 days at the rate she's going. The problem has to be the soil they're in. I mixed a brand new batch of soil for the Peyote Wi-Fi plants. I added some amendments to the soil used to up-pot the Original Skunk #1 plant so hopefully she'll do well. I have to get some help lugging my tote into the basement so my soil doesn't freeze. I figure I'll let it cook for at least a couple more weeks before introducing the Skunk plants to it.

I am guilty of being a lurker.

I ran that Skunk 1, and sent some of those seeds to a buddy who ran them, its a great plant to grow. Not a ton of stretch. Produced some incredible bud. My buddy produced some rock hard nugs using nutrients. Mine werent as dense but still enjoyable.

Mid level potency. I like it, relaxing, a touch of initial anxiousness but settles in to a nice hybrid with indica leaning buzz. I am going to grow that one again. Digging seedsmans genetics.

I messed them up a bit late veg and hurt the overall health of the plant.

And here is my buddies skunk he grew. Super dense. I still have most of what he gave me.

I was really looking forward to some interaction....
OK friend, here's a bit of interaction and my appreciation for your beautiful presentations & highly informative journals. If I have missed previous responses, you are free to direct me to those posts.
1) will you post the soil recipe? I am in the beginnings of my own experimenting with an amended soil.
2) I see you use plastic pots, I just completed a 7 gal fabric pot grow. What are your opinions of using plastic or fabric pots??
Many thanks to you & @SeedsMan for this journaled grow.

I have to get some help lugging my tote into the basement so my soil doesn't freeze.
I'm betting a volunteer is what you really wanted. Sorry that I'm not closer.

I like that you're running the Chem cross again. Nice job on the girls for the most part. It's fairly easy to miss on the mix as I'm accustomed to doing. :bongrip:

My buddy produced some rock hard nugs using nutrients. Mine werent as dense but still enjoyable.
I spoke with a friend of mine who has grown the @SeedsMan Original Skunk #1 and he said his doubled in height at the start of flowering. So I'm thinking there may be a couple different phenotypes? I would be happy if it doubled in height. She would be the perfect size for my tent if she did.

I LOVE that photo of your friends Skunk nuggets. They just look SO dense!

Was the BCP the one you’re having problems with? It looks really faded but the leaf lift is fantastic.
I'm actually unhappy with the three plants (not including the Skunk) in my flowering tent right now. The BCP and Jellium continue to lose leaves just like the Jellium I harvested yesterday. The Chem 91 X Aliendog Cherry has had droopy leaves pretty much since I put her into the flowering tent. And she too is losing fan leaves at an unnatural rate as far as I know. I've tried less water, more water, dimming the light, adding some kelp tea, adding some EWC tea...….you get the point. Nothing has perked up her leaves. So I'm done worrying about her......thinking my soil was inferior somehow. So I dumped about 8 gallons into my veggie garden and raked it in for next year.

OK friend, here's a bit of interaction and my appreciation for your beautiful presentations & highly informative journals. If I have missed previous responses, you are free to direct me to those posts.
1) will you post the soil recipe? I am in the beginnings of my own experimenting with an amended soil.

Many thanks to you & @SeedsMan for this journaled grow.

I will share with you the soil recipe I just mixed up this past week. I'm hoping it will be better then my own version. I went the el cheapo route and although the plants aren't dying they seem to be struggling a bit. But here is the recipe I mixed up last week.

Recipe for making 15 gallons (2 cu. ft.)

5 gallons of Sphagnum Peat Moss
5 gallons of medium sized Perlite
2.5 gallons of Earthworm Castings
2.5 gallons of Coast of Maine Lobster Compost
1 cup Coast of Maine Kelp meal
2 cups pulverized dried Rabbit pellets/droppings
5 Cups Coots minerals/nutrients mix

Mix till you think it's thoroughly mixed then mix it some more.

Maybe you’re not adding enough of your PK sources to your mix? That’s the only thing I can really think of if you’re having stellar results in veg followed by a downhill slide starting flower. You know I didn’t realize that BCP and second Jellium were only at ~32 days. They do look pretty eaten up for only about half way. I would amend heavier with the Ps and Ks and let your soil cook longer.

2) I see you use plastic pots, I just completed a 7 gal fabric pot grow. What are your opinions of using plastic or fabric pots??
I have a few 5 gallon fabric pots and am actually growing the Black Cherry Punch plant in one right now. Honestly, I don't think I really notice all that much difference between plants grown in a fabric pot and one grown in a comparable sized plastic pot. Over a month ago I won some fabric pots from one of our sponsors for winning Nugget of the Month. I had planned to use one of those 7 gallon pots to grow out the Seedsman Original Skunk plant. Unfortunately for whatever reason they've not managed to ship them to me yet. At some point I would be inclined to take two clones off the same plant and grow one in a 5 gallon bucket and one in a 5 gallon fabric pot just to compare the two.

You were pleased with the plant you grew in the 7 gallon fabric pot?

Maybe you’re not adding enough of your PK sources to your mix? That’s the only thing I can really think of if you’re having stellar results in veg followed by a downhill slide starting flower. You know I didn’t realize that BCP and second Jellium were only at ~32 days. They do look pretty eaten up for only about half way. I would amend heavier with the Ps and Ks and let your soil cook longer.

Yeah, I'm at a loss with that batch of soil. I'll nurse these plants through and move on. The Jellium I harvested yesterday had gorgeous buds even though she had very few leaves left. Sure did make for an easier trim day. I'm hoping this 15 gallon batch I just mixed up will be a winner.

Yeah, I'm at a loss with that batch of soil. I'll nurse these plants through and move on. The Jellium I harvested yesterday had gorgeous buds even though she had very few leaves left. Sure did make for an easier trim day. I'm hoping this 15 gallon batch I just mixed up will be a winner.
Have you ever tought that ppl, possibly, don't comment on these posts because they are literally ignorant to LOS, or soil ammendments?

Need to be hitting up those journals for the LOS guys & Brixxers... cocoheads are clueless to this stuff.... but still supportive.
:thumb:

I'm betting a volunteer is what you really wanted. Sorry that I'm not closer.

I like that you're running the Chem cross again. Nice job on the girls for the most part. It's fairly easy to miss on the mix as I'm accustomed to doing. :bongrip:

I have a volunteer, however she is house/dog sitting all this week and won't be home till Monday. I think I can manhandle it by myself though with a 2x6 to slide it down the stairs on and it has wheels so I just have to get it down the stairs.

This will be the final grow of the Chem 91 X Aliendog Cherry. I just like the Black Cherry Punch, Purple Punch, and Jellium quite a bit more. Plus in the not too distant future I'll be starting a Slurricane plant which I'm confident will be a winner.

I bought enough Coots minerals and nutrients to mix up 128 gallons of soil and I'm told it can be used over and over so I should be good for a good while.

Have you ever tought that ppl, possibly, don't comment on these posts because they are literally ignorant to LOS, or soil ammendments?
@Preston9mm what strains are you currently running? Anything that is outstanding in your opinion? Have any photos of your beauties? You don't have to comment on soil my friend. Share what you know and love. What is coco? :rofl: :rofl:

@Preston9mm what strains are you currently running? Anything that is outstanding in your opinion? Have any photos of your beauties? You don't have to comment on soil my friend. Share what you know and love. What is coco? :rofl: :rofl:
Coco coir is a medium similar to hydro... coconut husks.

It's about as easy as it gets... IMHO

I'm running 16 right now, wide variety. Just hate to see other growers getting frustrated ... figured I'd say high
:passitleft:

You’re not alone with your struggles though Beez. I’m struggling a bit myself over here. I recycled some of my medium from my last harvest and I’m thinking I didn’t flush it enough.. I think the left over nutrients are causing havoc to my seeds. So far the only things to make it above ground are that Quarter pounder auto x Tangerine dream auto and the NL IBL.. the DDa popped, put like 5-8mm of tap root into the soil, and stopped.. now the taproot is going yellow.
I’m doing a test with a Gods Gift now.
I flushed the solo cup with like 2 gallons of water before I planted the Gods Gift.

If it seems to come up quick and grow vigorously like it should then I’ll go back and flush all of my medium really really well before I try to sow anything else.

I spoke with a friend of mine who has grown the @SeedsMan Original Skunk #1 and he said his doubled in height at the start of flowering. So I'm thinking there may be a couple different phenotypes? I would be happy if it doubled in height. She would be the perfect size for my tent if she did.

I LOVE that photo of your friends Skunk nuggets. They just look SO dense!
Yeah I was having some toxicity or deficiency issues right between late veg and early flower. I think I stunted them a bit. My buddies might have stretched 50 to 70%. Not a ton. Typical of a hybrid. Could be a few variations.

Back
Top Bottom