Shaggie's Return No Mercy CFL

That stuff looks awesome man, just read through your journal and you do awesome work brother. also wanted to stop by and remind people to express their 420th admendment to vote in our great contest, were trying for 100 votes this month in plant of the month and Nug of the month could use more votes too :D

Take care man and you should give a smoke report on your girls in the strain review section :D

scoobydooobydooooooooooo!!!!!!!! damn that looks tasty as hell :bravo::bravo::bravo: a round of aplause to that man!!!:bravo::bravo::bravo:

wow looks beyond great!:adore::adore:

wow shag, outstanding job looks mouth watering......:roorrip:

Very nice Shaggie

Congrats! Looks like a grand harvest! :thumb:

A good slow cure will turn those into awesome buds! :)

Thank you guys im very happy with how she came out!

They look tasty and dense! Do you trim off the small leaves on the nugs after it is dry or do you keep it on as is?
Twelve,
when i get ready to harvest (before Swell) i generaly take all large fan leaves off this way the plant is "leaching" off of the remaining leaves and pulling what ever nutes from them for the conversion to Thc.
After swell i pull the majority of all of my sugar leaves for Hash. this leaves just the small single fingered leaves that are mostly hidden inside the bud.
than after drying its a real fast trim sense there are almost no leaves left
(i used to let them all dry with the plant and after working in a MMC grow-opp for a while i have gotten in to the habbit of doing it this way, with 300+ plants you really dont want to be having that much trimming to do at the end so we try to make it easy(2 of us can knock out 75+ plants in a day if we harvest in this manner))

Awesome Shaggie - Great looking harvest and buds. Congrats my friend!! :thumb:

Thank you XLr8

That stuff looks awesome man, just read through your journal and you do awesome work brother. also wanted to stop by and remind people to express their 420th admendment to vote in our great contest, were trying for 100 votes this month in plant of the month and Nug of the month could use more votes too :D

Take care man and you should give a smoke report on your girls in the strain review section :D

NWG glad you made it!
YES YES YES GO VOTE FOR MY PLANT SEE IF WE CAN MAKE THE BIGGEST COMEBACK IN :420: history LOL i only need 24 votes ROFL

i got a very nice smoke report planed for you all! i will definitely post it both here as well as on the strain reviews

its quite in depth.....

Wow! Shaggie! :adore:

That is a magnificent cola ! :)

What am I talking about? It all looks wonderful......Lucy does indeed have Diamonds! :bravo:

:Namaste::Namaste:brother!:Namaste:
i cant wait to show you all how sandra D as she has a monster MONSTER cola:green_heart::yummy:

scoobydooobydooooooooooo!!!!!!!! damn that looks tasty as hell :bravo::bravo::bravo: a round of aplause to that man!!!:bravo::bravo::bravo:

:thumb: You GOT IT!!!!! my true nick name is Shaggie because i look like shaggie from Scooby doo! A good buddy (RIP)of mine dubed me that years ago and it stuck.

wow looks beyond great!:adore::adore:
thank you DH33

:peace:

Hey there Shaggie420! your grow is freakin AWESOME!! Hey, I might need you to help me dry and cure my next crop, lol, seems like you have developed a completely different way of doing it than I had heard of before...
Your plants look fantastic!!! I'm a bit :bravo::circle-of-love:south of you all, and we are probably going to be Colorado residents by next year...Been planning it for years, after we raised the kids, we were going to look for the perfect place to retire. I need water!!! There's NO water in the damn desert!
Anyways, much love to you and your plants! I hope you have a fantstic harvest! It sure looks like you are! Congrats!!:bravo:

Shaggie, can you detail the "swell" phase for me?

ABSOLUTLY!!!!

Swell:
So its time to Harvest your plant and have it at the "optimal" trich% (ie. 60/40 amber etc)
Swell is where you pullthe plant from light and put it in to complete darkness for 36-48 hours.
what this does is essentialy "Force" the plant in to Survival mode.
in Natural surroundings your light obviously changes over the months.... in the end of Flowering you have had a swing in light going from 14+ hrs of light to as little as 8 hours in the end (how little depends on where geographically you are located). the plant will naturally increase its Resin production to help protect the seeds throughout the winter for reproduction.
the stronger the Tricromes the more of a chance that the seeds will survive.

the reason the dark is importaint is because this is when your chemical changes happen in the plant.
during the light period the plant is useing Photosynthesis to store energy for the plant to use. when dark happens the plant will begin to use the energy its stored up to grow. and convert stored chemical components such as CBD and CBN to THC. as you can see the darkness is very importaint..

i hope this helps and i explaned this to and beyond you expectations!
i will leave you with some pictures a before and after of swell to show the change.
Before
top_cola_striped.JPG

After
natural1.JPG

Before with hand
myhandtop.JPG

After in hand
topcolacut.JPG

Enjoy your green Sunday all im off to a BBQ!:roorrip:
:peace:

thats like the most beutifull thing ive ever seen ..........

VERY NICE!!!!!!:adore:

Super cool Shaggie - that was indeed a fantastic explanation of why the dark period makes sense. Thanks for sharing that, definitely keeper material. :thumb:

i might make a thread... open it to discussion etc... maybe go in to depth a little more on what i know and have seen as well as a few of my theories

Glad i explained it well theres still alot more to it... i do my best to keep things short and to the point as i dont want to come across as one of those know it all guys... as i KNOW that I KNOW NOTHING! i know a few people that are what i would call a true master grower and even they will tell you that they know nothing in comparison to what we have still to find out.

Back
Top Bottom